Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2/21 The Bachelor: Episode 8

Re: 2/21 The Bachelor: Episode 8

Shawntel's dad sabotaged it. Not that he would have chosen her for sure, but his comments must have been difficult, could have made his decision for this episode more clear.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD View Post
    Shawntel's father's "You are needed here" speech was RIDICULOUS. She has HER life, and it isn't about YOUR PLANS.
    ETA: Funeral director family laying guilt-trip on Shawntel for possibly abandoning the business to move to Austin. "You know, your teacher really missed having you here when she lost her son while you were gone."
    I understand that funeral homes are family busineses, but what would he have done if none of his children were interested? He'd have to do what other family businesses do, sell.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

Oh, boy, can we say spoiled? What 3 year old has a sofa in their bedroom? No one I knew growing up or now.

FORT Fanatic

I want that playroom. and wow Ricki really looks like her dad.

I LOVE Chantal's family--so warm and welcoming

Its ok Shawtel don't worry about it, you deserve better.
    Will you ever come back Julianne?? =(

So, if we have to have a former contestant as the next lead, I vote for Shawntel. I like her. I like how she wishes him happiness, she's very classy.

FORT Regular

Chantal's parents house is incredible. I think she looked incredibly beautiful. She really knows how to dress and make her body type look best. She looks totally different and better in clothes then she did in her bikini! You would never have known that was the same girl with the same body! Enough with the crying already, she cries over everything!

I cant believe Ashley said that "she thought everyone had cheese fries and gravy before but then found out they hadnt"? I dont know anyone who hasnt had some cheese fries and gravy. She seems to have such a fun loving personality. She is adorably cute, has a cute face, cute body, cute everything about her.

Between the 2 of them I would personally pick Ashley based on the entire package but I think Brad will pick Chantal. Im only half way through so I dont know how I feel about the other 2 home town dates but I dont think it will matter because Emily is too closed off and the entire kid issue. Shantal seems nice but I dont think she is for Brad! We will see, I could be wrong because it already ended!

On a side note. I dont know what it is but a woman with tattoos all over their arms and very visible are so trashy. If they cant be covered up in regular clothes then Im out. Thats just me!
    Last edited by Snacks; 02-21-2011 at 10:05 PM.

FORT Regular

Ok now I have watched all the hometown dates and all 4 dates were nice. For the 1st time I loved Emily. Her personality finally came out and when it did she showed me things I wasnt expecting. She now would be my favorite for him. I would have liked to see her mom, dad or someone else from her family. That did seem odd but the again the most important person was her daughter and that went well! I cant wait to see who he gives roses to!

Shawntal had a great family. I felt bad for her father but he had to think there was always a chance that his daughter would get married and possibly move?

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I really enjoyed this episode and agree that for the first time Emily showed a bit of personality. Her daughter was adorable and what a beautiful home she has! Chantal's mom looks young at first glance but looks like she's had a LOT of work done. Brad was white as a ghost for the entire tour of the funeral home. I'm wondering if funeral homes are different in California b/c I have never seen mausoleums in a funeral home. I'm used to seeing several "parlors" or viewing rooms where the deceased are waked but have never seen an actual mausoleum in one. Of all the families I think that Ashley's seemed the most fun and normal. Not a big gravy fan so those fries did not look appetizing at all. Loved Ashley speaking French- so cute! Did I detect a bit of an accent from Ashley's Dad? I wonder if he is French- Canadian.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast