Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2/14 The Bachelor: Episode 7

Re: 2/14 The Bachelor: Episode 7

So glad Michelle is gone, and that Brad finally saw her for what she is. Even at the end she didn't show an ounce of real emotion. I think she just hates to lose.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by ef13579;4193946;
    For anyone who's interested, the pics from the photoshoot yesterday are now online at SI dot com
    Ashley H is so pretty!

Whoever said that Emily is being set up to be the next "bachelorette" is probably right, but I won't be watching. I think she seems like a very sweet girl, but BORING on tv.

FORT Fan

Some thoughts -- So glad to see Michelle gone. Creepy how she just lay down in the limo and didn't say anything. I think that's a first re: someone who had made it to the Final 5. Usually they have something to say, and cry a lot. If the producers had encouraged him to keep her around for the drama, he probably went to them and said, "Please, may I please send her home now. Please." Lol.

Emily is sweet but I agree about the ultra-bleached hair and her sometimes heavy make-up. I think if she were to be the next Bachelorette, she would come to a point where she would have a really hard time due to memories of Ricky coming back to her. I picture her crying, the producers consoling her...

The use of "Brad and I's" relationship really bugs me also (as others have mentioned). I've heard this several times before on the Bachelor/ette shows. I work in schools where I hear a lot of poor grammar, but I don't hear anyone say "I's" the way these Bachelor/ette contestants do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    Yes, yes, yes... way too much of that going on these days. Makes me cringe and I can't believe anyone actually thinks "I's" is a word.
    I's, I's, baby.... Crap! Now I have that stupid Vanilla Ice song stuck in my head.
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

Quote Originally Posted by HowRYa? View Post
    I know I am in the minority here but I liked

Due to hearing speech like the above examples from so many on this show (over the years) I grill my poor children on using " blah blah and me" as the objects of a preposition. If they say it incorrectly I make them take away the other person and say it again so they can see the correct way to use the word me. Hopefully they will have it right when I release them out into the world on their own.

We also work on good vs. well which is another pet peeve.
    While you're at it, please tell them the correct applications of to, too, two, and your/ you're, that is if you are into using contractions which we are in this country but don't try it in jolly old England, lol. Good job mom...

FORT Fan

With grammar/punctuation, if I could pick one rule that people would remember from now on it would be its vs. it's. So often I see "it's" when it should be "its."

However, this wasn't meant to be a grammar thread, lol. I wonder if Brad ever asked Michelle (more) questions about her daughter that we weren't shown. I'm sure on "The Women Tell All" Chris will comment on her lying down for the limo ride and ask what she wants to tell Brad now. Brad will get that "deer in headlights" look and count the seconds until he can move along.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I don't know Emily's age, so maybe she's too old, but she sure as hell looks like Playboy Mansion material with the ultra-bleached hair, airbrushed makeup, Brite-Smile teeth, and dippy voice/accent. Then again, Hef's not into baggage (i.e.: kid). Who knows?
    I think she's only like 24, so just about the right age.

.....she's too old for Hef. I would not set foot in that mansion unless I had on a hazmat suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    .....she's too old for Hef. I would not set foot in that mansion unless I had on a hazmat suit.
    Amen to that! Legionnaires' Disease in the news, and lord knows what else not in the news. And what's 24 in "Bunny years"? 70-something?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast