Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2/14 The Bachelor: Episode 7

Re: 2/14 The Bachelor: Episode 7

Quote Originally Posted by cbquarterback;4193630;
    Who do I think he SHOULD pick? Shawntel N, but that's just me. You were looking VERY pretty tonight by the way, Shawntel N!! Wow!! The codes: a: has leaned her head on Brad's shoulder this season, b: has used flirtatious female body language, f: has cute freckles. I'M a sucker for all three, but I wonder how these things will influence Brad. [emoticon-sunglasses]
    Shawntel would be my choice, as well. I find her to be the most attractive of the four of them, both physically and in what we are shown of her personality, but Brad apparently has some sort of issue with death (really Brad? who the hell doesn't?), so that would appear to be a big negative in picking her as F1. I think that Brad is one of those guys who likes a drama queen, so that is another reason stable, grounded Shawntel might come in behind the high-maintenance snivelling, moaning, clinging, weeping and hysteria of the other three.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4193466;
    Brad's crappy grammar bugs the hell out of me, too. For example:
    "....for [insert bimbo's name] and I," or "...with [insert bimbo's name] and I."
    Really, in the objective case, it is correct to say "and me"!
    Aaaarrrrrgggghhhhh!

I know I am in the minority here but I liked Brad and Emily's date. She looks like the only one he is really interested in. I like Shawntel also and would rather see her as the next bachelorette. I am so over Chantal's edited character.
    I am sorry to see Michelle leave the show because she was the most entertaining character to watch. The rest are boring.

Due to hearing speech like the above examples from so many on this show (over the years) I grill my poor children on using " blah blah and me" as the objects of a preposition. If they say it incorrectly I make them take away the other person and say it again so they can see the correct way to use the word me. Hopefully they will have it right when I release them out into the world on their own.

We also work on good vs. well which is another pet peeve.
    "I was raised to be charming, not sincere." ~Cinderella's Prince Charming ~ Into the Woods

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Deutscher;
    Originally Posted by Emily may be the most beautiful girl in the history of the Bachelor, next to Rozlyn Papa, but she seems a little high maintenance and boring. I think it's better to go with the plain jane girl next door in the long run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snacks;4193629;
    Shes not that hot. She has square features and the more I see her the more I dont find her that attractive. She has zero personality. She is only there because she will be the next Bachlorette. Hopefully she takes some personality classes for her show!
    Emily is ridiculously beautiful. That is for sure. But unless it's the edit, I agree she seems boring. Then again Brad is boring too. The two of them sound like robots together.

For anyone who's interested, the pics from the photoshoot yesterday are now online at SI dot com
    TEAM CHANTAL //BOCA FOR BACHELOR

I was a little more impressed with the SI photos than I thought I'd be. Ashley is just a little too cutesy-poo for model shots in my opinion, but Michelle looked good. Of course, I've always thought Michelle probably traveled everywhere with her own portable stripper pole.

To me the main surprise was Chantal. She has a habit of standing with an arched back so her tummy pooches out and I was worried that the photos would show that, but through the magic of good photography and angles it wasn't as noticeable. I also never knew her eyes were so green...that could also be the magic of retouching, but she still looked amazing!

When Michelle was laying down in the back seat of the limo on the way out of Dodge, it was so easy to just imagine her being curled up in the trunk of car!
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

I have nothing against Emily - aside from her lack of a discernible personality - but I really don't find her beautiful.
    I think Chantal has the prettiest features of the 4 remaining. But, don't get me started on her drama queen antics.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

I just watched the episode and have the following thoughts: YAY no more Michelle! I have no clue what happened on Britt's date because I was too busy being poked to death by her skeletal features.

And to weigh in on Emily, I think she's pretty; but, she also looks fake to me. If she's not Brad's F1, I hope that she is not the next Bachelorette because I just don't think that she is ready. Maybe after she goes through some therapy; but not right now.

I don't know Emily's age, so maybe she's too old, but she sure as hell looks like Playboy Mansion material with the ultra-bleached hair, airbrushed makeup, Brite-Smile teeth, and dippy voice/accent. Then again, Hef's not into baggage (i.e.: kid). Who knows?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan;4192772;
    Arrrgggh, I hate the poor grammar these women have. Britt: ". . .Brad and I's relatioinship".

Note to future contestants: It's OK (correct even) to say the word "my". Or, if you're uncertain, change it up, say "my relationship with Brad" or "our relationship".

These women (and men) are supposed to be educated!
    Yes, yes, yes... way too much of that going on these days. Makes me cringe and I can't believe anyone actually thinks "I's" is a word.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast