Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2/7 Episode 6: The Bachelor 15

FORT Regular

Re: 2/7 Episode 6: The Bachelor 15

Can I just get off of my chest that two very nice catches got away tonight (Alli, Jackie)? Without further ado: 1. Chantal O (a)(b), 2. Shawntel N (b), 3. Britt (b), 4. Ashley H (a)(b), 5. Emily (a)(b). I was really hedging whether to put Britt and Ashley H in the 3 or 4 spots in that order; I think Britt has a SLIGHT edge over Ashley H, because she's "more stable." Ashley H can move ahead of Britt, but I think she's one huge mistake from blowing it.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;4183788;
    Gasp! He gave the last rose to Michelle!!! Why Brad, why?!
    Drama...like giving Vienna EVERY last rose. Heck, I thought she'd get the FIRST rose!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Swingsongbird;4183769;
    Wow, that praying mantis looked just like Michelle....
    I take exception to that!! That's an INSULT to the Praying Mantis!!!! (the PM has MUCH more class than Michelle, and is not maniupulative)

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Poor Britt. So far under the radar that I'm surprised that Brad even remembers her name during the rose ceremonies.

"Hey, cute skinny blond chick... yeah, you... will you accept this rose? ... Yeah, I realize you're not on the show... just wandering by the mansion... happened to show up in Costa Rica... just take the rose please."
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Admittedly it's not my life, it's Brad's and he knows what he wants (well... I think), but I do want to make a couple of assessments:

1. Michelle is 30, and looks older than me at 32. Her attitude reflects greatly in her appearance. (BTW, it's interesting that they're NOW just showing ages, and wonder if it'll be a factor).

2. I was glad he didn't give a group rose - I do think he's at least suspicious of Michelle now and probably couldn't decide on one to keep. I'd rather him do what he did because it does make more sense to not give one and then regret doing so.

3. Brad REALLY needs to look at Michelle closer and see that she's exactly the WRONG person for him. She's manipulative, and in a marriage that can be dangerous for a somewhat wishy-washy man such as Brad. This holds especially true when she acts like she'll do anything to get what she wants.

4. I'm glad Chantal O got a rose - she's one of the few there I actually can see Brad with. It's also why Michelle is so worried about her - she knows that chemistry.

5. The dates were pretty dull, and so I changed before I saw Alli leave. I'm not too surprised - he was going to have to winnow down contestants, and Alli was a good choice, but not really good chemistry for him.

6. Final rose with Michelle - I like the fellow and glad he's made steps, but I do think he's going to rue that decision.

On one note, if and only if she's the final girl, I have a feeling we'll see fireworks like nothing other that make Jake/Vienna's spat look calm. I really do think Brad is not going to like her machinations to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4184334;
    BTW, it's interesting that they're NOW just showing ages, and wonder if it'll be a factor.
    Jadewarlock - Chris Harrison explained that in his last blog. He said that there had been so much discussion around not showing the ages that they decided to show them again. There had been a lame excuse about the ages not fitting in the name box because they had increased the font size.

Quote Originally Posted by dougrayfan;4183580;
    Michelle took a page out of Vienna's book. Producers gave her the room location and encouraged her to go, obvioiusly, otherwise there wouldn't be any cameras.
    The cameras were there interviewing/filming Brad after he let Ali go

At the beginning of the show, I was hoping he's send Michelle packing, as it's too overly obvious that she's an actress and her movie is coming out soon.
    By the end of the episode, I was actually looking forward to her staying, as the show would be pretty boring without her.
    Why did they film so much of the Alli date in the cave? I couldn't see a thing that was happening and it was off putting.
    Does anybody know how long of a period they spend on filming?
    At the beginning of the Bachelor season, Emily had shoulder length, all one color, overly processed blonde hair and way too much makeup. She looked just like Holly Madison to me. Last night, she had very long hair which looked more like it had highlights than 1 color processing, and her makeup was much more flattering. She looked very pretty, IMO.
    I liked Jackie, but saw she had no real chemistry with him. Too bad.
    I'm not a fan of Shawntel.
    I didn't understand about Chantal talking about her 10 yr. marriage / ex relationship. She's only 28. Was she a child bride, or did I miss something?
    I'm still not a fan of hers, but its obvious that Brad is.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

I have to agree with you about Chantal. I don't get it at all myself - she seems nothing if not incredibly conventional and destined to suck the life out of anyone seeking adventure. The type who will be reading the large-print Reader's Digest before she's even 40.

But Brad really likes her.

Oh, well. At least he's done being googly-eyed over Michelle's vapid shtick. That "ten steps backward" comment will have her working extra hard over the week trying to move eleven steps forward. With predictable hilarity now that the spell is broken.

One thing that always frustrates me as a male viewer is that they pick bachelors who value very different attributes. So I'm sad we'll never get to know Jackie. Or InvisiBritt - how can you not like a writer who used to be a gymnast and has a Stanford education? Shawntel, for me, captures that "girl next door" appeal quite well - if you're living next door to a mortuary.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog;4184834;
    I have to agree with you about Chantal. I don't get it at all myself - she seems nothing if not incredibly conventional and destined to suck the life out of anyone seeking adventure. The type who will be reading the large-print Reader's Digest before she's even 40.

But Brad really likes her.

Oh, well. At least he's done being googly-eyed over Michelle's vapid shtick. That "ten steps backward" comment will have her working extra hard over the week trying to move eleven steps forward. With predictable hilarity now that the spell is broken.

One thing that always frustrates me as a male viewer is that they pick bachelors who value very different attributes. So I'm sad we'll never get to know Jackie. Or InvisiBritt - how can you not like a writer who used to be a gymnast and has a Stanford education? Shawntel, for me, captures that "girl next door" appeal quite well - if you're living next door to a mortuary.
    Priceless!!

Thanks for the laugh!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast