Closed Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617
Results 161 to 170 of 170

Thread: Updates on past contestants: READ FIRST POST before commenting

  1. #161
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    799

    Re: Updates on past contestants: READ FIRST POST before commenting

    As far as the quotes from Emily's mom go, what else is she suppose to say other than they are "off and on"? They (Brad and Emily) are under a one year contract with ABC. Why would her mom mess that up for Emily? Being vague and telling the reporter off and on will keep the legal department away from her daughter. When ABC says they can talk about the split or when the year is up is when the public will know the truth.
    Personally I think it would be a ratings bonanza to have one of them on the first episode of The Bachelorette! A nice little interview on, oh I dont know, the pitfalls of love at first sight (Brad) or maybe winnng isnt everything (emily).

  2. #162
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    319

    Re: Updates on past contestants: READ FIRST POST before commenting

    Quote Originally Posted by BachfanNY View Post
    People quoted Emily's mother as having said: "they are on & off"

    They did not say that she isn't with Brad.
    Was in Austin this week and heard about this. Uh, they've been engaged since, what November?, and her mom has yet to meet him. Yup, that's a big effort at bonding with the future in-laws. This is probably all just promo-bs for the upcoming next season's benefit. Great time of year to hang out on an Austin bar's deck and watch what happens next.

  3. #163
    FORT Fogey n4692u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,725

    Re: Updates on past contestants: READ FIRST POST before commenting

    Quote Originally Posted by Fair Balancer View Post
    Was in Austin this week and heard about this. Uh, they've been engaged since, what November?, and her mom has yet to meet him. Yup, that's a big effort at bonding with the future in-laws. This is probably all just promo-bs for the upcoming next season's benefit. Great time of year to hang out on an Austin bar's deck and watch what happens next.
    They got engaged on 11/19/10 when the FRC was filmed in SA with Emily's Dad present. Brad had her dad flown in from West Virginia so he could ask his blessing to marry Em. He said he refused to propose until he asked her father. There were no cameras present and Brad said in People mag that he looked her dad in the eye and said "I am very much in love with your daughter and this is not for the show." Mr. Maynard was brought to the FRC sight for Brad to ask him. B/E got to see him after the FRC, because Em said in the same mag that her dad is a tough coalminer w/o much emotion, but he cried when he saw them (B/E) together.

    Also, their relationship had to be secret until the finale aired on 3/14/11, which was a little over a month ago. There was no oportunity to meet her mom until now and after their rollercoaster relationship, they have had to work on themselves.

    [EDIT]
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-23-2011 at 12:56 AM.

  4. #164
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Updates on past contestants: READ FIRST POST before commenting

    I think Mom's comment, "off and on," is the diplomatic non answer. Brad and Emily have been protecting their privacy and informed those close to dodge questions from the media. The smart money is on a break up, now or very shortly.

  5. #165
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: Updates on past contestants: READ FIRST POST before commenting

    We are not going to get any interviews from Brad. After an official split we may see Emily do a spin on the talk show circuit if there is any interest. Gia said, on E!, that when one wants fame and the other wants love, it cannot work. I think we know who is who on that one.

  6. #166
    FORT Fogey Cerese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,393

    Re: Updates on past contestants: READ FIRST POST before commenting

    After the fact - do we really know that these two were in love? I say this because their interractions and declarations of love during the show seemed kind of non spontaneous - stilted. It would not have been a good show or a somewhat captivating one if Brad once again did not fall in love with any of the 30 gals - but it is possible he didn't. So perhaps the whole story was set up ... Wasn't it Lithargic who said that his or her sources had said - don't believe any of it? Was the supposed wedding to be held - but then cancelled - supposed to convince us that this was indeed a viable relationship? There were a lot of inconsistencies - I wanted to believe but things were not adding up all the time.

  7. #167
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: Updates on past contestants: READ FIRST POST before commenting

    Quote Originally Posted by Cerese View Post
    After the fact - do we really know that these two were in love? I say this because their interractions and declarations of love during the show seemed kind of non spontaneous - stilted. It would not have been a good show or a somewhat captivating one if Brad once again did not fall in love with any of the 30 gals - but it is possible he didn't. So perhaps the whole story was set up ... Wasn't it Lithargic who said that his or her sources had said - don't believe any of it? Was the supposed wedding to be held - but then cancelled - supposed to convince us that this was indeed a viable relationship? There were a lot of inconsistencies - I wanted to believe but things were not adding up all the time.
    It's an interesting point and maybe worth revisiting. Based on their interractions, I can believe Brad was acting like a man at the very least greatly infatuated with a woman; Emily's behavior was less convincing to me. But the biggest reason to suspect "set up" IMO would be the introduction of the quickie wedding; when I heard that on ATFR I couldn't believe that either of them were, even for one second, considering such a preposterous idea, and sincerely thought they needed their heads examined. It's easier for me to buy the premise that it was all part of a script to convince us of their "sincerity" than it is to think they were that deluded/irresponsible.
    Last edited by ironcat; 04-23-2011 at 04:51 PM.

  8. #168
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    535

    Re: Updates on past contestants: READ FIRST POST before commenting

    Quote Originally Posted by ironcat View Post
    It's an interesting point and maybe worth revisiting. Based on their interractions, I can believe Brad was acting like a man at the very least greatly infatuated with a woman; Emily's behavior was less convincing to me. But the biggest reason to suspect "set up" IMO would be the introduction of the quickie wedding; when I heard that on ATFR I couldn't believe that either of them were, even for one second, considering such a preposterous idea, and sincerely thought they needed their heads examined. It's easier to buy the premise that it was all part of a script to convince us of their "sincerity" than it is to think they were that deluded/irresponsible.
    I feel this was Fleiss pushing this.....if I remember correctly he stated in an interview his dream would be a couple wanting to get married right there on the spot......

    Thank goodness Emily did not waver in wanting to wait.......

    I tell you this show dooms the couple before they have a chance to even have a relationship....

    To have an engagement (forever, committed) these people NEED to just pick a final person and date them in REAL LIFE....not get engaged while physically attracted only to someone......

  9. #169
    FORT Fogey n4692u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,725

    Re: Updates on past contestants: READ FIRST POST before commenting

    I got my OK mag in the mail a few days ago and my US Weekly today and there is not one peep about Brad & Emily in either one. I mean, not even a mention. I was in the grocery story yesterday and looked at all the magazines on the racks and not one of them had B/E on the cover and the Life & Style mag that this story is in was not on the racks yet here. It just looks like at least one of these rags would have something about them if they supposedly broke up a couple of weeks ago.

    Ashley's season begins airing 4 weeks from Monday, 5/23, so it looks to me that ABC would want a "break-up" out there and over with before her season begins and not let it come out at the same time her season begins. Orrrrrr, just maybe there is no break-up and they are still working on their "on and off" relationship as her Mom said in People. If this is the case, I'm hoping the tabloids will get wrapped up in Ashley's season and leave B/E alone. That will help them more than anything.jmo

  10. #170
    Fort Fuzz The Mod Team's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    529

    Re: Updates on past contestants: READ FIRST POST before commenting

    As stated before, we're not rehashing this season and trying to figure out "if they were ever in love" counts as such. Also, we're not opening any discussion of the next season.

    We're all updated now, so we're closing this thread for the time being. Please don't PM with twitters or interviews unless there is something large and substantial to talk about.

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.