Closed Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Updates on past contestants: READ FIRST POST before commenting

FORT Fanatic

Re: Updates on past contestants: READ FIRST POST before commenting

Quote Originally Posted by G.G. View Post
    He's made a couple of comments in Twitter. First, that the couple asked for their relationship to be private so he is honoring that, and also that he thinks it is sad that someone is believing what they read in Life & Style.

I personally find it curious that so many are silent, even though all of this is really none of my business. Chris Harrison tweeted (or told a reporter, I can't remember) that Brad and Emily are unavailable for comment. Chris also has said nothing himself to confirm/deny a breakup, and hasn't tweeted for several days.

Me, I take a tabloid like Life & Style with a grain of salt. And really, beyond them, who else has confirmed this? Anything else I've heard/read has been prefaced with "Life & Style reports that..." or something similar. No one else seems to have independently corroborated anything.

Before Brad left Twitter, he commented that the next vacation he and Emily take will not be in either Charlotte nor Austin...and from what I've read on Twitter, this is spring break week in Charlotte. For all anyone knows, they are all 3 on vacation somewhere and staying offline. I think Emily tweeted that she deleted Twitter from her phone as well.
    This isnt just Life and Style. USA reports Brad and Emily have broken up. People also says she isnt with Brad. As do many other sources.

Quote Originally Posted by G.G. View Post
    He's made a couple of comments in Twitter. First, that the couple asked for their relationship to be private so he is honoring that, and also that he thinks it is sad that someone is believing what they read in Life & Style.

I personally find it curious that so many are silent, even though all of this is really none of my business. Chris Harrison tweeted (or told a reporter, I can't remember) that Brad and Emily are unavailable for comment. Chris also has said nothing himself to confirm/deny a breakup, and hasn't tweeted for several days.

Me, I take a tabloid like Life & Style with a grain of salt. And really, beyond them, who else has confirmed this? Anything else I've heard/read has been prefaced with "Life & Style reports that..." or something similar. No one else seems to have independently corroborated anything.
    Before Brad left Twitter, he commented that the next vacation he and Emily take will not be in either Charlotte nor Austin...and from what I've read on Twitter, this is spring break week in Charlotte. For all anyone knows, they are all 3 on vacation somewhere and staying offline. I think Emily tweeted that she deleted Twitter from her phone as well.
    I noticed that as well. It seems that almost every article uses Life & Style as their source.

ABC and Warner Bros. have said they have "no comment" and that Brad and Emily are not available for comment. One story says the couple are under contract to ABC and are not allowed to comment on their relationship without permission from ABC and that ABC called Emily on April 13th to remind her of that. It also says that even though ABC cannot make them stay together, ABC has encouraged Emily to try and work things out with Brad. That sounds like to me that Brad is still in love with Em and wants to be with her. If the story is true about him not calling her for days, not responding to her phone calls, etc, cancelling plans to come see her, he needs to get his act together if he REALLY wants to be with her. I do believe the story that she and Ricki were making plans to move to Austin for the summer to give their relationship a real shot, hence Brad's house hunting and that came from Brad himself.

You are also correct that Em said she deleted twitter from her phone, so maybe she's away from home right now and that's why she has not tweeted since 4/15 (Friday). If she did indeed break up with Brad during the w/e of 4/9, and I'm not so sure about that, she tweeted on 4/11 that neither she or Brad had a FB account. That would be surprising that she would mention him just a day or two after splitting up with him.

As a huge fan of this couple, I'm just hoping either it's not true or that they are trying to patch things up right now. I get disgusted with the tabloids almost salivating on this couples demise. How sick is that? All I have felt since reading about a potential split is sadness and a tad depressed for these two, because for some reason I had gotten my hopes up for B/E. If this story turns out to be true, I just hope that Fleiss and ABC are not making them stay silent so they can arrange a televised break-up on national tv like they did with Jake and Vienna. I didn't care about Jake and Vienna, but I do care about B/E and Ricki. That would be a sorry thing for Fleiss to do. For God's sake, just let them get on with their lives, either together or apart.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme View Post
    This isnt just Life and Style. USA reports Brad and Emily have broken up. People also says she isnt with Brad. As do many other sources.
    The article in USA Today that I read stated that "Life & Style says Emily told Brad on April 9 that the relationship is over."

I'm not saying they aren't broken up...only that of the articles I've read on MSN, USA Today, E News, etc., all specifically stated that Life & Style is reporting that they have broken up, not that those news sources themselves have independently confirmed anything.

Waiting for my fairytale! FumaLover's Avatar

[EDIT]

The tweets from Wes are just saying what Laurel said, I don't think Wes actually knows anything beyond what Laurel told him. He even said he is glad he stayed away from the whole situation. Laurel actually stated a couple of times that she is not tweeting about Brad anymore because she has moved on. Someone asked her if she would get back with Brad if the rumors were true and she said it would never happen and she heard he was back with a different ex. Not sure if she actually knows anything either, or is just repeating rumors she heard. She could be right, but nothing she tweeted really sounds like she knows anything, just that she heard the rumors.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 04-23-2011 at 01:01 AM.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own! - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Quote Originally Posted by FumaLover View Post
    The tweets from Wes are just saying what Laurel said, I don't think Wes actually knows anything beyond what Laurel told him. He even said he is glad he stayed away from the whole situation. Laurel actually stated a couple of times that she is not tweeting about Brad anymore because she has moved on. Someone asked her if she would get back with Brad if the rumors were true and she said it would never happen and she heard he was back with a different ex. Not sure if she actually knows anything either, or is just repeating rumors she heard. She could be right, but nothing she tweeted really sounds like she knows anything, just that she heard the rumors.
    Maybe the "back with a different ex" is referring to Emily. Maybe they are back together again. That sounds more likely, because it would really be unseemly for him to be back with an old ex just days after splitting with Em. That would certainly say to me that he didn't really love Em in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by FumaLover View Post
    I still personally think they are through but as of yet I still haven't see or read anything from what I would consider an "official" source so its just a waiting game...I think we will get the answer within the next week when the reporters are too busy with the other big wedding and won't have the time or the want to talk about Emily and Brad
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Wes tweeted that two of their bars are hosting a "Bunny Run" a few days ago. You click his link and you get a Playboy Bunny. How is Emily supposed to compete with that when she's in Charlotte?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u View Post
    Maybe the "back with a different ex" is referring to Emily. Maybe they are back together again. That sounds more likely, because it would really be unseemly for him to be back with an old ex just days after splitting with Em. That would certainly say to me that he didn't really love Em in the first place.

Do not think it's Emily, the actual tweets:

Weslyhayden@LaurelKagayATX looks like u had the ol bachelor pegged. Glad I stayed out of it, I could of turned it N2 a real sh it slinger.. Ur the bomb?

LaurelKagayATX@Weslyhayden matter of time! Xxo

allthingsend You know@LaurelKagayATX Promise us u will NOT be getting back together with Brad. please for the love of everything.. don't!

LaurelKagayATX@allthingsend I can PROMISE u that won't happen.. Looks like he went his other back up ex! WOW!

allthingsend You know@LaurelKagalATX Glad to know. Are you saying he has more than one backup ex? Is he already

Quote Originally Posted by imissme View Post
    People quoted Emily's mother as having said: "they are on & off"

They did not say that she isn't with Brad.
    "Wicked HOT" = Chris L.

Brad Womack & Emily Maynard Still 'Off & On,' Her Mom Says

The Bachelor's Brad Womack has said that his reality TV romance with Emily Maynard has been "no fairy tale" since he proposed on the show's finale. Now, it seems that happily ever after continues to be a struggle.

"They have not officially broken up. It's still kind of on and off," says Emily's mom, Susan Maynard, who admits it is hard hearing all the rumors in the tabloids about her daughter and Womack.

From more reliable sources, Susan tells PEOPLE, "I hear nothing but good things about Brad. They are still just trying to get to know each other."

For example, she says, "My ex husband has met him and thinks he's a very, very nice guy. And [her daughter] Ricki seems to like him."

As for whether Emily, 25, will finally make the move to Austin, Texas, where Brad, 38, lives and owns a bar, Susan says that won't happen any time soon. "I don't think there is any rush to move," she says. "There are no plans to take Ricki out of school."

Susan will welcome both her daughter and granddaughter for the Easter weekend at her home in West Virginia, but she still won't get to meet Brad since he'll be in Texas with his family.

Does all the on-again, off-again and spending holidays apart mean their relationship won't last? "I can't say one way or the other," Susan says. "I think they both have good intentions."

Brad Womack & Emily Maynard Still 'Off & On,' Her Mom Says
    Some people think that itís holding on that makes one strong; sometimes itís letting go...

Closed Thread