Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1/24 Episode 4: The Bachelor 15

FORT Regular

Re: 1/24 Episode 4: The Bachelor 15

Who are some women that you think could really gain an advantage with a Hometown Date? You're in YOUR hometown, in your comfort area, and in your familiar surroundings. You will know some places to take Brad and impress him. Plus, you get Brad all to yourself during that time. I think that Britt, Jackie, Alli and Shawntel N. would do great with HTDs. Notable examples of who I think got HURT by HTDs in the past: Bettina (Brad's first season), Gia (Jake's season), and Kirk (Ali's season). Bettina more so, than Gia and Kirk, though.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4164720;

Michelle to me makes me think of "Come into my parlor, said the spider to the fly."

She is very creepy and seems to be manipulative. It's almost like she wants to win, get the ring, then dump Brad after the determined time to stay engaged so she can keep the ring (or the money).

I just feel she's in it for the wrong reasons, and I'm hoping that the shocker in the teasers is misleading for once.
    I had a similar thought to this last night - Michelle seems like one of those girls who would get pregnant on purpose to trap a guy. I worry she might drag Brad into a wedding chapel while they are in Vegas and end the season right there. She might not actually be like that, but that's how she comes off to me.

What is the deal with Chris' Mr. Rogers sweater over that plaid shirt? What an awful look...

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by NEPASue;4165958;
    What is the deal with Chris' Mr. Rogers sweater over that plaid shirt? What an awful look...
    Whenever I see one of my male friends wearing what could be deemed a "Mr. Rogers Shirt," I can't help singing to them, "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...."

Quote Originally Posted by cbquarterback;4166120;
    Whenever I see one of my male friends wearing what could be deemed a "Mr. Rogers Shirt," I can't help singing to them, "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...."
    I sang it when Chris came out in that getup. It got a good guffaw out of my hubby.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;4166193;
    I sang it when Chris came out in that getup. It got a good guffaw out of my hubby.
    I'm talking STRICTLY because of the LOOK of my SHIRT, and not those non-PC ways, but whenever I wear a shiny gold or beige shirt, my friends used to sing to me, "Songs that made the Hit Parade....Guys like you had it made...those were the days!" Hey, Chris, Brad, and myself are men...we're all a little fashion-challenged at times. I confess that I really like the pink shirts that Chris L, Jake, and Brad have worn at times. I still can't believe how many men look good with a pink dress shirt.

Am I the only person out there that thinks Emily is just an odd choice for Brad?

She doesn't come off as natural at all. She doesn't want to talk about herself. She's somewhat timid and softspoken and Brad likes women who keep him on his toes. He also likes active women that don't mind getting dirty. Emily never has a hair out of place and wears a heck of a lot of makeup.

Chantal is the obvious choice as far as I'm concerned. There are sparks and flames, but it also seems the most warm and real. I think too many bachelors think with their hoo-hoo instead of allowing the brain to kick in and remember that this person is going to be your best friend for the rest of your life. Being able to talk about anything and laugh together everyday has made my marriage a joy. I hope Brad keeps this in mind and picks the one that he wants to grow old with, not just the one that he wants to...well, you know.

Cookie

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by CookieJ;4166874;
    Am I the only person out there that thinks Emily is just an odd choice for Brad?

She doesn't come off as natural at all. She doesn't want to talk about herself. She's somewhat timid and softspoken and Brad likes women who keep him on his toes. He also likes active women that don't mind getting dirty. Emily never has a hair out of place and wears a heck of a lot of makeup.

Chantal is the obvious choice as far as I'm concerned. There are sparks and flames, but it also seems the most warm and real. I think too many bachelors think with their hoo-hoo instead of allowing the brain to kick in and remember that this person is going to be your best friend for the rest of your life. Being able to talk about anything and laugh together everyday has made my marriage a joy. I hope Brad keeps this in mind and picks the one that he wants to grow old with, not just the one that he wants to...well, you know.

Cookie
    I think that I can put it another way, nicely about Brad: He talks about "following his heart," as do many Bachelors. Brad needs to use his head more than his heart this time.

Cookie,

I'm totally with you.
    The "relationship" with Emily seems overly forced, manipulated by the producers.
    She barely talks when they're together and I just see a big disconnect.
    I'd also prefer to see her wear about 2 pounds less makeup and a more flattering hair color. I just keep seeing Holly Madison when I look at Emily.
    I also think she's way too young for 38 year old Brad.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4167125;
    ...I just keep seeing Holly Madison when I look at Emily...
    My husband said that she looks like she walked off the set of The Girls Next Door with the bleached platinum hair and airbrushed makeup. Of course, with the baggage -- which, more and more, isn't an issue on The Bachelor -- she'd never pass Hef's audition.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast