Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1/24 Episode 4: The Bachelor 15

Re: 1/24 Episode 4: The Bachelor 15

Quote Originally Posted by kbryant;4163557;
    Michelle's Date-I'll be honest. I didn't even watch Michelle's date. I flipped over to 90210 during her date. I guess I shouldn't be so prejudice against Michelle, but I just can't stomach her.
    I can't, either. She's a tool, or whatever the female equivalent is.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Michelle's Date-I'll be honest. I didn't even watch Michelle's date. I flipped over to 90210 during her date. I guess I shouldn't be so prejudice against Michelle, but I just can't stomach her.
    Did you skip all of her date or catch the beginning, when Brad came to pick her up and she was about ready to kill someone when he took up 30 minutes of her date time dealing with Ashley H.?

Well I am getting a bit sick of the editing. Every time Michelle speaks you hear the scary music. lol. I think she is sometimes just joking but they make her turn out much worse.

Another thing i noticed was when Brad had his talk with Emily at the end it felt like he was not comfortable at all with her.
    I do not think he will end up with her.

I am not a fan of Chantal. She is saying she is not needy but she did definitely act needy.

So far I am very confused. It seems that (again) brad has clicks with all the women he had 1 on 1 dates with.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman;4164564;
    Well I am getting a bit sick of the editing. Every time Michelle speaks you hear the scary music. lol. I think she is sometimes just joking but they make her turn out much worse.

Another thing i noticed was when Brad had his talk with Emily at the end it felt like he was not comfortable at all with her.
    I do not think he will end up with her.

I am not a fan of Chantal. She is saying she is not needy but she did definitely act needy.

So far I am very confused. It seems that (again) brad has clicks with all the women he had 1 on 1 dates with.
    That's one complaint that I have: On Brad and Jake's seasons, EVERY woman winds up with a rose on their 1 on 1 dates. I mean, if nothing else, that just takes away any suspense. Too predictable. Kind of makes one tune out, because you KNOW the woman's 97% likely to get the rose.

Just a few thoughts on last night's episode:

Michelle's black eye- Ridiculous. Whether the black eye was real or not, I have lost my interest in even talking about Michelle. In the words of Ashley S, "I wish I had been the one to give her that black eye."
    I didn't see this part, but did she say that she got hit by one of the other bachelorettes? If so, then it's most likely ridiculous because I doubt they'd let them have a catfight on this show.

(BTW, if she has a black eye, it had to have been really well covered with make up or it is actually a brown eye. I've had one of those from a kickball game, and they hurt, but barely show)

Chantal's date- Chantal grew on me a lot last week, and she has grown on me even more this week. First of all, let me say that I LOVE Chantal's leather jacket. Good choice for first date. Not too dressy, not too slouchy. It was nice to see a vulnerable side to Chantal with her fear of the ocean, but she put on her big girl panties and did it. You go girl! Walking on the ocean floor seems like a pretty neat date to me. I am definitely a water person though, so anything to do with water makes me happy. I think another reason that I like Chantal is because of her voice. I know that sounds weird, but I can't stand girls that have high pitched squealy voice, and she doesn't have that thank goodness. I thought it was funny that she apologized for slapping Brad. I like a person who can apologize for things. The funniest part of their date was when Brad said "You better accept the damn rose." It was nice to hear something that didn't seem scripted. Their banter after he said that was very cute. By far my favorite part of the date was when Brad said, "Will you please quit talking and just kiss me please." Their interactions on this date seemed very real and genuine which is a rare occurance on this show. I have rarely enjoyed watching a date as much as I enjoyed watching this one. They seem very comfortable with each other but at the same time they seem very drawn to one another. I thought it was very telling when Brad said, "I want to grab Chantal's hand and run away. This is freaking crazy."
    She is one of the few people I can see Brad paired up with this season. Enough said.

Michelle to me makes me think of "Come into my parlor, said the spider to the fly."

She is very creepy and seems to be manipulative. It's almost like she wants to win, get the ring, then dump Brad after the determined time to stay engaged so she can keep the ring (or the money).

I just feel she's in it for the wrong reasons, and I'm hoping that the shocker in the teasers is misleading for once.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;4164165;
    Did you skip all of her date or catch the beginning, when Brad came to pick her up and she was about ready to kill someone when he took up 30 minutes of her date time dealing with Ashley H.?
    I actually did watch this part. I thought it was crazy when Michelle dragged him across the room to leave for their date. She is either wacko or a really good actress.

FORT Regular

Combining class, intelligence, and physical beauty, I think that Britt and Lisa are two of the best, of the remaining women. I don't think either are pushovers, which is good, but I don't think that either are "me me me" either. Both look like they believe in the "team concept" with their future husbands.

I just don't see him getting together with Emily.
    THeir encounters just look awkward and uncomfortable.
    I am tired of seeing Michelle!!
    And, I still can't seem to remember most of the girls' names, as they only seem to focus on Chantal, Emily, Ashley H. and Michelle.

I understand this is the Bachelor, but why couldn't they find some older women closer to Brad's age?
    At the age of 24/25, I never seriously dated 38 year olds. I still find that whole thing just too implausible. And I do just watch this for fun and entertainment and pure escapism. But, the age difference just makes it seem way too cartoonish, even for Fleiss!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4165147;
    I just don't see him getting together with Emily.
    THeir encounters just look awkward and uncomfortable.
    I am tired of seeing Michelle!!
    And, I still can't seem to remember most of the girls' names, as they only seem to focus on Chantal, Emily, Ashley H. and Michelle.

I understand this is the Bachelor, but why couldn't they find some older women closer to Brad's age?
    At the age of 24/25, I never seriously dated 38 year olds. I still find that whole thing just too implausible. And I do just watch this for fun and entertainment and pure escapism. But, the age difference just makes it seem way too cartoonish, even for Fleiss!
    The women supposedly applied thinking that Chris L would be The Bachelor. Even Chris L is now 34, which is not ancient, but not a toddler, either. I too, seem to get a lot of the womens' names mixed up this season. Other than the ones who stand out (for good and bad reasons alike), I have to admit that I never fully grasped the likes of Stacey, and some others who seem to "blend in a little too easily." Probably because many of the women whose names we lose, don't get much air time.

THe difference between their ages is only 4 years.
    THey're too young - for both Chris and Brad.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast