Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 1/17 Episode 3: The Bachelor 15

FORT Regular

Re: 1/17 Episode 3: The Bachelor 15

You know, I've had more trouble keeping names straight this season, too. It HAS to be more than just having 30 women, as opposed to 25 at the start. Everybody's getting names confused, and I'm no exception. Pre-season, for what it's worth, I thought that Alli could have been a top 7, and out of 30 women, that's pretty good. Another woman that I've really gotten to like these past two weeks is Jackie. I think Jackie will just lose out in the "numbers game," don't think most of us think that she is THE one, but I don't see anybody in the audience not liking her. She's kind of like Jesse Beck on Ali's season. Whatever happens, Jackie has improved her desirability level with men in her hometown, now that they've seen her good showing (from what we've seen). Chantal O does work for her father, who owns the car dealerships in the Seattle area. I'm trying to figure out which ones, and whether I've driven by them many times. I will give Madison the benefit of the doubt that she left for the right reasons, but I still wish that she wouldn't have left so soon. Madison has a different kind of beauty, with her freckles and Scandinavian look; she wasn't a "classic beauty" like Ashley, Ashley, Lisa, Lindsay, or Britt.

FORT Newbie

Just a few of my thoughts from last night's episode:

One-on-one with Ashley S.- As opposed to Jackie's "spa" date last week, Ashley Spivey's singing date would not have been my favorite. Granted, I would have put my big girl panties on and done it, because I would want to spend one-on-one time with the Bachelor, but I definitely would have been out of my element. With that said, I think they both handled a pretty awkward situation well and I can only hope that I would be that easy-going! I think it's funny that Ashley S. thinks that Brad himself chose that song by Seal. I'm sure that production had no part in researching her background and finding that out. (My apologies to Brad if he really did pick that song out by himself!) All in all, I thought their interactions were "cutesy", but I really can't see anything long term with these two. She seems a little bit too young maturity wise for him. I'm not saying that she is immature though, because she is probably right where she needs to be for a 24 year old. Sometimes there's just a big maturity difference between a 24 and 38 year old. But, like I said, nice date but no fireworks for me.

Group Date- I can't believe they have another group date where they have to act. There must be so many cameras around there between the movie and the television show. I bet these girls are getting tired of more scripts and acting on top of what they already have to do (haha, jk). Some of the girls really impressed me with their skills. It was nice to finally see Shawntel N. step up to the plate, she seems like a very nice woman. Once again, Michelle drove me crazy on this date. Someone needs to send this woman a memorandum that the world does not revolve around her. I guess Michelle gets on my nerves so badly because I can't stand self-absorbed people. I felt like Brad and Chantal's one-on-one time at the after party was really intense, physically and emotionally. It was nice to see Chantal opening up (several of them did tonight!) and letting down her "tough girl" walls for a bit. I really would have liked to have seen their one-on-one times in the first two episodes so that we could see what led up to this time, because man, I felt like there were real and intense feelings there already even though we haven't seen much of them together. Like Chantal said, they haven't even had a one-on-one yet and they really seemed comfortable with each other. At the beginning of the season, I normally feel very uncomfortable when I watch the Bachelor and a girl really talking for the first time because they usually seem uncomfortable. But, watching Brad and Chantal last night, I didn't feel uncomfortable, but instead I felt a fresh breath of realness and developing feelings. I like Chantal now a lot more than I did at the beginning of the season. She is one of the few bachelorettes that seems normal and really there to find someone and her interviews seem like they come from the heart. It also doesn't hurt that Brad seems to be ultra attracted to Chantal. (FYI: I can't believe he didn't give Chantal the group date rose!)

One-on-one with Emily- I was so uncomfortable watching the first half of their date because of how weird Emily was acting. Of course, I knew why she was acting that way (because of the elephant in the room), but Brad didn't have any idea. I bet he was thinking, "What the hell happened to this girl since yesterday?" I was so glad when she finally told Brad her story. Their date instantly took a turn for the better and they seemed to have a really great time. I really like Emily (yay for Southern girls!) but I hope she can continue to open up and have a little fun while she's there.

Rose Ceremony- Really the only thing I have to comment on is Madison. Whether or not you think Madison should have left last night, I was impressed that she acting like a real person with real feelings. You could really see that she had walls up (aka: fangs), but she realized that it wasn't all about the facade that she puts on, it's about the real feelings and the connection. It shows a lot about her character that she came to that realization and then acted on it. Kudos, Madison (no longer to be referred to as Vampire Girl in my book!).

Madison... I also was actually impressed with Madison last night. I couldn't stand her the first few episodes, just watching her creeped me out. Last night I thought she looked better and spoke more maturely than she ever had before. If THAT woman had come out of the limo instead of Vampira, she might have had a different experience with Brad. Kind of a shame.

Emily... what I can't understand, is why was she freaking so much about telling Brad? What is the worst that could happen? Brad loves kids, and he's got a huge heart. She already knows this about him, so what does she think he's going to do when she tells him about her boyfriend's death and daughter? Get up and leave? Tell her he's not going to give her a rose because she's a mom? To me that drama was milked. There was no reason to be fearful at all if she has any faith in Brad at all.

Michelle... Wackadoodle.

Kimberly... I think Miss Thing thought she would get much further than she did. She's a hot blonde with a bit of attitude, but she got VERY little airtime on the show which makes me think that Brad wasn't that jazzed about her. Her exit speech just proved that he's well rid of someone like her!

Ashley H and Ashley S... in my opinion, neither of them are right for Brad. Both a bit too giggly.

Chantal O... She has grown on me big time. She seems to have the most genuine connection with Brad. All of this drama can be going on either around her or around him and when they're together and lock eyes it's like everything is going to be OK. They seem to calm each other and I think that's very telling. I see these two together.

Brad has always been my favorite Bachelor. I seriously hope he finds what he's looking for.

Cookie

FORT Regular

It looks like a number of us have warmed up to Chantal O this week. While it SEEMS like characters parallel those from Jake's season suspiciously close, I'm not likening Chantal O to Vienna totally. But, remember at the Six Flags group date, Vienna showed what I called "likable vulnerability." I think Chantal O. showed that as well. It seems like 4/5 of the audience didn't care for Kimberly's exit speech (count me among them), whereas 1/5 like that it was different and not your routine exit speech. "FORGET Brad, his loss," would have sufficed; I'd be afraid to date Kimberly, because if things don't work out, what's she going to say about me? I really think that Brad will find his Ms. Right this time; I'm more of a believer. Your guesses are as good as mine, but because of my own bias, I'd love to see Britt get a HTD, just so that I could see familiar surroundings; and she seems like a great lady, too.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4152231;
    From what I've seen and gathered from the editing, I'd say that Emily, Chantel and the FIR rose girl are the front runners.
    I agree with this also. I might also add the other Ashley to the list. He really made sure that she stayed last night. What I have noticed - and I might be the only one - (put under spoiler just in case, even though I have not looked at the spoiler thread at all- it's more editing I guess)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    is that Chantal seems to be narrating what is happening in the house and on the dates. There are a lot of in-the-moment interviews and comments from her. Which tells me that she's probably someone to watch.

I think I'm one who doesn't really care at all for Chantal, even after this week's episode.
    She still seems like a spoiled girl to me and comes across as fake.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4154013;
    I think I'm one who doesn't really care at all for Chantal, even after this week's episode.
    She still seems like a spoiled girl to me and comes across as fake.
    Chantal isn't my favorite contestant, I'm an Emily fan, but I see a self confidence in her that I think will turn Brad on. I love coming to the board to get different perspectives on the show and the ladies/guys from other posters. Funny how we all get a different vibe when we all watch the same thing.

Actually, I just went and rewatched her video from the opening night and found her to be quite "real" I know she works for her dad, and she may be rich, but people who work that hard- to the exclusion of having time or energy to date, usually aren't spoiled. She mentioned not liking "games" and although going the Bach isn't a conventional way of dating lol - you can tell by the previews we saw for next week that she's not going to put up with the "games" that the other girls are trying to pull in the house. I could see her as a girl that would walk out if it got to be too much... I know I would
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4154058;
    I know she works for her dad, and she may be rich, but people who work that hard- to the exclusion of having time or energy to date, usually aren't spoiled.
    I agree. The auto group her family runs is well-represented here in the Seattle area, I think there are five separate dealerships for more high end model cars... but the economy hit auto dealerships hard, especially those who represent luxury lines from what I read. Some dealerships closed out here, many had to downsize. Everyone has to work harder, and I think that in itself is humbling. Chantal also said that "the man she calls her father" is her stepfather. There isn't usually as much entitlement to 'rich kids' when they are stepchildren, which I think keeps her a bit more humble.

Cookie

FORT Regular

I still don't believe that Chantal O is ultimately the best candidate for Brad, but I can respect his decision with how long he keeps her. But, as I always say, that's why I could never be The Bach. One thing that would bother me the most is the armchair viewers who THINK they know who's best for me, when they don't see all of the good and bad about the contestants that I would (I'm just as guilty in doing the "armchair" thing, but that comes with the territory). What I really like about Chantal O is her two kitty cats, because I'm a cat lover. [emoticon-white kitty cat]

FORT Newbie

Seems they went out of there way not to mention just who it was. It was a national story. It happened to the biggest team with the most famous drivers in the sport. If It were me, I'd start by asking Brad had he ever heard of NASCAR racing and the Hendrick family's tragic story?

Quote Originally Posted by CookieJ;4152752;
    Madison... I also was actually impressed with Madison last night. I couldn't stand her the first few episodes, just watching her creeped me out. Last night I thought she looked better and spoke more maturely than she ever had before. If THAT woman had come out of the limo instead of Vampira, she might have had a different experience with Brad. Kind of a shame.

Emily... what I can't understand, is why was she freaking so much about telling Brad? What is the worst that could happen? Brad loves kids, and he's got a huge heart. She already knows this about him, so what does she think he's going to do when she tells him about her boyfriend's death and daughter? Get up and leave? Tell her he's not going to give her a rose because she's a mom? To me that drama was milked. There was no reason to be fearful at all if she has any faith in Brad at all.

Michelle... Wackadoodle.

Kimberly... I think Miss Thing thought she would get much further than she did. She's a hot blonde with a bit of attitude, but she got VERY little airtime on the show which makes me think that Brad wasn't that jazzed about her. Her exit speech just proved that he's well rid of someone like her!

Ashley H and Ashley S... in my opinion, neither of them are right for Brad. Both a bit too giggly.

Chantal O... She has grown on me big time. She seems to have the most genuine connection with Brad. All of this drama can be going on either around her or around him and when they're together and lock eyes it's like everything is going to be OK. They seem to calm each other and I think that's very telling. I see these two together.

Brad has always been my favorite Bachelor. I seriously hope he finds what he's looking for.

Cookie

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast