Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

FORT Regular

Re: 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;4147465;
    Someone did this. I keep thinking it was in Seattle but, I keep thinking that Jillian was there - so maybe it was Jill/Jason. They went to the grocery store and then cooked. (or maybe it was Vancouver and I'm thinking of jill/kip) I know that a few 1-on-1 dates have involved cooking (I can think of Jill/Kip and Ali/someone and DeAnna/2-on-1); but I can't remember if those involved also shopping for the food. I like the idea though.
    That sounds right. Jillian's is a season I wish I had watched in full. Ideally, we'd want them to bond, but something like this could also show warning signs. What if one of them just gets whatever kind of pasta sauce he/she wants, and doesn't consider what the other wants? What if one is making all of the decisions and brushes off the others' desired food items? It's seemingly smaller things like that, that can chip away at people in a relationship, and be deceptively damaging. Sounds like one of the many things (both sides are at fault) that eventually did Jake and Vienna in.

ITA with the suggestion that they spend more time in normalcy, because I think it would be pretty telling -- and more than likely lead to a better/more realistic match. Seems like some of the bachelorettes have even confessed that they got caught up in the moment and the fantasy of it all -- Melissa from Jason's season comes to mind.

But the exotic stuff and fantasy dates are probably a whole lot better for ratings, so more time in reality-ville will probably never happen!

FORT Newbie

Maybe we are overselling the need to really get to know one another. The track record has been great so far.

Wonder where Amanda is?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2;4147465;
    Someone did this. I keep thinking it was in Seattle but, I keep thinking that Jillian was there - so maybe it was Jill/Jason. They went to the grocery store and then cooked. (or maybe it was Vancouver and I'm thinking of jill/kip) I know that a few 1-on-1 dates have involved cooking (I can think of Jill/Kip and Ali/someone and DeAnna/2-on-1); but I can't remember if those involved also shopping for the food. I like the idea though.
    DeAnna cooked a meal for Brad. He showed up at her place, and there was the meal! They didn't show anyone grocery shopping for that date. I don't recall Jillian cooking a meal: I must have turned the show on late that evening. The meal was for Kipton and it took place in Vancouver. I read that Jillian prepared pasta sauce and salad dressing from scratch for that date. I read that she has always been a good cook. Ali's date with Hunter took place at the house that she was staying in. I read that Ali doesn't grill, cook or bake. A production assistant must have done the grocery shopping.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cbquarterback;4147484;
    That sounds right. Jillian's is a season I wish I had watched in full. Ideally, we'd want them to bond, but something like this could also show warning signs. What if one of them just gets whatever kind of pasta sauce he/she wants, and doesn't consider what the other wants? What if one is making all of the decisions and brushes off the others' desired food items? It's seemingly smaller things like that, that can chip away at people in a relationship, and be deceptively damaging. Sounds like one of the many things (both sides are at fault) that eventually did Jake and Vienna in.
    I'd like a grocery shopping/cooking date. It wouldn't just be good for the contestants: I think it would also be interesting for the audience. I would like to see if a couple can agree on what the meal will be; who cooks and who cleans up. If they just have fun, like going on the carnival date... when they finally get in a real-life situation, they could find out that they don't get along with each other.

Deanna cooked for Brad during the LCD

Jillian cooked for Kip supposedly in her Vancouver apartment. They also went shopping
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;4147583;
    ITA with the suggestion that they spend more time in normalcy, because I think it would be pretty telling -- and more than likely lead to a better/more realistic match. Seems like some of the bachelorettes have even confessed that they got caught up in the moment and the fantasy of it all -- Melissa from Jason's season comes to mind. But the exotic stuff and fantasy dates are probably a whole lot better for ratings, so more time in reality-ville will probably never happen!
    I'd like to get in an oudoor hot tub when it's cold outside, and I'd like to ride in a limousine... but I wouldn't want a camera in my face. If the show was realistic, would there really be lower ratings, or do the producers just think there would be lower ratings?

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher;4148301;
    I'd like to get in an oudoor hot tub when it's cold outside, and I'd like to ride in a limousine... but I wouldn't want a camera in my face. If the show was realistic, would there really be lower ratings, or do the producers just think there would be lower ratings?

Good question. I watched it before it got all ritzy and think I still would without it. It's got to make it tough for the couples who end up together to settle back into normal mode together when there are no more fancy dates, trips, etc.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by peekabooitslily;4148386;
    Good question. I watched it before it got all ritzy and think I still would without it. It's got to make it tough for the couples who end up together to settle back into normal mode together when there are no more fancy dates, trips, etc.

Lily -- it is tough and the return to the nitty gritty of every day life is what kills some of these relationships. After all you don't really see someone's personal habits in six weeks of fantasy!!

FORT Regular

Did a quick view of the threads and enjoyed the humor of the recaps. I like Brad and also wished that he quit apologizing. He did nothing wrong. Better to choose no one than to pretend at a relationship. First impression woman for me is Emily. Don't know why, but I like her a lot.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast