Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

Re: 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

I agree that the blood drive seemed contrived but can also deal with that because it's such a worthy cause. The 'acting' and staged activity dates are getting tiresome to me though, as it seems fake and isn't that interesting. I know the producers are trying to keep things fresh, but I would prefer more real interaction and conversation.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by 1guysview;4146588;
    My point was the motive. Was it just an excuse to dress them as doms, french maids, etc. for ratings? Give us a chance to hear the ladies talk. We don't even know their names, much less their likes/dislikes. If the girls choose to put themselves out there, at least it's their choice to define their personality. That's why I didn't care if Madison wears fangs for fun. It might backfire for her, but it was her choice. Bet she's around for half the shows at least.

Is religon important to them? Anyone a vegan? Do you smoke? What kind of music do they like? Do ALL of them want to have kids? Do you have five cats and three dogs? Is fun going out to a vampire club or dancing all night? Or is fun gardening...or playing board games, golf, camping, watching TV or going to bed at 7:oo and reading. Those are things that matter more. Things that could make you incompatable with a mate. There's no right answer to those questions, but they define your lifestyle. Top Chef or Hell's kitchen? What's in your fridge was a great question!
    Tell me more about the ladies and less drama for the sake of drama.

just 1guysview
    One guy, that's how SMART contestants use their time with the Bach/Ette: Talk and find out about each other, common interests, do they like to travel, ask about their work, see if your pet preferences are compatible. How many kids would you want...well, maybe that's a bit forward, at least early on. Point is, season after season, we see people waste their valuable one-on-one time complaining about other contestants, and trying to take others down, instead of trying to show Jake/Ali/Brad why they deserve to stay.

FORT Regular

Pandora, are you from Seattle, or are you a Seahawk or USC fan? I noticed the Mike Williams picture. I live in Seattle too.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;4146644;
    I agree that the blood drive seemed contrived but can also deal with that because it's such a worthy cause. The 'acting' and staged activity dates are getting tiresome to me though, as it seems fake and isn't that interesting. I know the producers are trying to keep things fresh, but I would prefer more real interaction and conversation.
    I'd like it if more shows were local, such as the season where everyone went camping... but, I know they have contestants travel to foreign countries to increase ratings. Also, they have a cocktail party, so that there will be outrageous behavior. I remember during Jillian's cocktail party, the guys seemed so serious and sober. Real conversation is preferable to drunken antics.

Quote Originally Posted by cbquarterback;4146660;
    Pandora, are you from Seattle, or are you a Seahawk or USC fan? I noticed the Mike Williams picture. I live in Seattle too.
    Yup, guilty on both counts. Should probably change my pic to # 24, huh?

I love reading this forum on Monday nights, so I can figure out what to look for when it finally airs out here!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2;4146801;
    Yup, guilty on both counts. Should probably change my pic to # 24, huh?

I love reading this forum on Monday nights, so I can figure out what to look for when it finally airs out here!
    Neat, Pandora! We met Jason and Molly at Crab Cracker in 2009; very nice people. I saw Jason at a Mariners game in 2008 in a concessions line, but he was a few lines over. As for our two "neighbors" Britt and Chantal, I may warm up to Chantal, but I really like Britt. I too stay off the boards from 5-10 pm on Mondays, so I don't get the scoop before watching!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher;4146763;
    I'd like it if more shows were local, such as the season where everyone went camping... but, I know they have contestants travel to foreign countries to increase ratings. Also, they have a cocktail party, so that there will be outrageous behavior. I remember during Jillian's cocktail party, the guys seemed so serious and sober. Real conversation is preferable to drunken antics.
    Bachwatcher, one thing I wish they'd do, is tone down how much alcohol the contestants consume. Server some fancy soft drinks, nobody will mind. So many contestants probably say things to tick off the Bach/Ette, because they're so liquored up. Strangely, the men on Ali's season seemed to do less alcohol-related damage, than some women on Jake's season (Christina at the swimsuit photoshoot). I liked that camping trip group date too.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cbquarterback;4146827;
    Bachwatcher, one thing I wish they'd do, is tone down how much alcohol the contestants consume. Server some fancy soft drinks, nobody will mind. So many contestants probably say things to tick off the Bach/Ette, because they're so liquored up. Strangely, the men on Ali's season seemed to do less alcohol-related damage, than some women on Jake's season (Christina at the swimsuit photoshoot). I liked that camping trip group date too.
    I think there should be soft drinks and food at the party instead of alcohol, but that's not what the producers want. What's good about the camping was that it's a real life situation. When the contestants travel to foreign countries, there's the distraction of unusual sights and sounds.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher;4146828;
    I think there should be soft drinks and food at the party instead of alcohol, but that's not what the producers want. What's good about the camping was that it's a real life situation. When the contestants travel to foreign countries, there's the distraction of unusual sights and sounds.
    I would like it if three or four episodes in, if the Bach/Ette really wants to see if there could be a connection with a particular contestant, have them go grocery shopping together, and cook dinner. Someone mentioned eating fast food together, and I like that because it's very realistic. After you get married, you're likely going to spend a Saturday at the mall doing furniture shopping, and by the end of the day, you probably would rather eat McDonald's or Old Country Buffet or Denny's, rather than cooking. This is obviously a great opportunity to talk and get to know contestants more, but also find out about the others' table manners, courtesy towards food service staff, or a team or me-first attitude when grocery shopping.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cbquarterback;4147397;
    I would like it if three or four episodes in, if the Bach/Ette really wants to see if there could be a connection with a particular contestant, have them go grocery shopping together, and cook dinner. Someone mentioned eating fast food together, and I like that because it's very realistic. After you get married, you're likely going to spend a Saturday at the mall doing furniture shopping, and by the end of the day, you probably would rather eat McDonald's or Old Country Buffet or Denny's, rather than cooking. This is obviously a great opportunity to talk and get to know contestants more, but also find out about the others' table manners, courtesy towards food service staff, or a team or me-first attitude when grocery shopping.
    Someone did this. I keep thinking it was in Seattle but, I keep thinking that Jillian was there - so maybe it was Jill/Jason. They went to the grocery store and then cooked. (or maybe it was Vancouver and I'm thinking of jill/kip) I know that a few 1-on-1 dates have involved cooking (I can think of Jill/Kip and Ali/someone and DeAnna/2-on-1); but I can't remember if those involved also shopping for the food. I like the idea though.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast