Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

FORT Regular

Re: 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

Maybe it's just me, but it looked like, as I recall, Vampira Madison really toned down her "fangs act" in Episode 2. If so, maybe she's one who "gets it," that Brad is just not going to put up with shenanigans. He called her out early, and it didn't go over well when she faked biting him when receiving her first rose. However far she goes, she needs to be Madison the woman, and not Madison the vampiress. That's why I think some of the women who've received barely any air time may go far; they've probably done less to "self-destruct."

FORT Regular

Self-correction: Madison's "fake biting" when she got the first rose wasn't that bad, and Brad did not react negatively to it. Now, I've been noticing much more emotional reactions when getting a rose, and NOT getting a rose. Compare Jake's season, the women seemed to temper their joy or hurt more. At Brad's first RC, a few squealed with delight when called up for her rose. Michelle was outright rubbing her rose in the faces of the other women. And, all three women who were eliminated last RC were crying on the way out. Just something I noticed, but I like a little bit of cute emotion out of a woman. I re-watched the first RC, and Keltie really squealed with joy when she got her rose, but she was very shaken up when eliminated.

FORT Fan

Jake and that gal really mangled "Kiss from a Rose." I love that song, and they hurt my ears, lol. At least Jake apologized to (Mr.) Seal. Loved hearing Seal sing it, and whoever gets to go on that date is very lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne;4146442;
    Jake and that gal really mangled "Kiss from a Rose." I love that song, and they hurt my ears, lol. At least Jake apologized to (Mr.) Seal. Loved hearing Seal sing it, and whoever gets to go on that date is very lucky.
    I'm thinking you mean BRAD and not JAKE (shudder, shudder, groan).

FORT Newbie

Can't say I enjoyed the episode Monday.
    First of all, I wish he would tell all the ladies that no one should be interupted during their alone time. The stealing him away 10 seconds into a conversation just comes off as contrived drama from producers...
    We have the made up blood drive silliness as an excuse to dress the ladies up. Giving blood is cool...I question the motive. Now it appears they must play in some kind of acting skit.
    How about giving every girl 5 minutes of camera time in order for us to see them and their thoughts.

1guysview

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4145131;
    Loved the tie in with the Red Cross. I've been a donor for years, so anything that inspires people to donate is good in my book.
    And I loved the PSA - that they take all types, too! Too funny.
    Another long-time donor (who donates every 2 months) - I love that they helped out the Red Cross too; but I wish that more of them would have donated. It looked like only 1 girl did- so it was likely an option. (I don't know the girls by name yet - but it was a brunette in a blue dress).

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1guysview;4146477;
    Can't say I enjoyed the episode Monday.
    First of all, I wish he would tell all the ladies that no one should be interupted during their alone time. The stealing him away 10 seconds into a conversation just comes off as contrived drama from producers...
    We have the made up blood drive silliness as an excuse to dress the ladies up. Giving blood is cool...I question the motive. Now it appears they must play in some kind of acting skit.
    How about giving every girl 5 minutes of camera time in order for us to see them and their thoughts.

1guysview
    I think that only 1 girl actually donated - so I'm not sure it was supposed to be a drive; but, that would have been nice.

I don't know for certain how many did donate on that show.
    The Bachelor, however, did hold a big event about a week ago, I believe.
    Anything they can do to publicize the need for blood donations is good in my book.

'Bachelor' star Brad Womack in Woodland Hills for blood drive - LA Daily News
    Last edited by norealityhere; 01-12-2011 at 08:04 PM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Newbie

My point was the motive. Was it just an excuse to dress them as doms, french maids, etc. for ratings? Give us a chance to hear the ladies talk. We don't even know their names, much less their likes/dislikes. If the girls choose to put themselves out there, at least it's their choice to define their personality. That's why I didn't care if Madison wears fangs for fun. It might backfire for her, but it was her choice. Bet she's around for half the shows at least.

Is religon important to them? Anyone a vegan? Do you smoke? What kind of music do they like? Do ALL of them want to have kids? Do you have five cats and three dogs? Is fun going out to a vampire club or dancing all night? Or is fun gardening...or playing board games, golf, camping, watching TV or going to bed at 7:oo and reading. Those are things that matter more. Things that could make you incompatable with a mate. There's no right answer to those questions, but they define your lifestyle. Top Chef or Hell's kitchen? What's in your fridge was a great question!
    Tell me more about the ladies and less drama for the sake of drama.

just 1guysview

FORT Fan

Ugh, can't believe I wrote Jake instead of Brad re: the Kiss from a Rose song. For some reason I've been mixing up their names occasionally -- I think because Brad was on before and Jake was the most recent Bachelor...

I agree -- I would like to hear more about the ladies' interests, and less of these contrived soap opera acting scenes.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast