Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

FORT Regular

Re: 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4145131;
    Loved the tie in with the Red Cross. I've been a donor for years, so anything that inspires people to donate is good in my book.
    And I loved the PSA - that they take all types, too! Too funny.
    I thought Ali needed more blonde in her hair - she looked kind of washed out to me. Also, that dress was totally unflattering - it was too short and those sleeves were not at all becoming to her.
    Jackie looks very familiar to me. She seems like a nice girl, but I just don't see her, or Ashley from the carnival date, going that far in this.
    Glad to see Raichel and Melissa cut. And, my goodness what was up with those overly enlarged b**bs on Raichel? She looked like she was about to topple over at any moment.
    I loved seeing the Hollywood Bowl date. I've been there numerous times and I'm jealous just seeing the 2 of them there with a private concert. how lucky can you get?!!
    Am I the only one who really dislikes Chantal? She seems like a total spoiled, mean girl.
    And, Michelle looks a lot older than 30, IMO.
    I love cats, so I love your "Pushup Kitten" picture! [emoticon-kitty cat] Here's a good way to look at it with Jackie and even Dentist Ashley: Even if they don't go very far, the men in their hometowns will see the "good showing" that they displayed, and that will open their eyes that "Hey, this Jackie would be a great catch!" Sans exposure, men may not be quite aware of the interesting side you can bring out in a Jackie, once you earn her trust. I liken it to Valishia on Jake's season, where men in her hometown will undoubtedly see her good showing, and that should open up dating opportunities for her. I think that (as long as they don't do anything bad this season) Jackie and Ashley will have no problem getting dates after this. Raichel and Melissa, grow up, please! I'm sorry, but if I was interested in dating either of them before, this is the X-factor that would make that a "no" now. Interesting what you wrote about Michelle, because unfortunately, she ACTS much less mature than 30. Maybe it's discrimination (well, I'm 37), but I kind of think that Melissa 32 and Michelle 30 should "set more of an example" for the younger people. Same reason why on the "breakup fiasco" I put more onus on Jake for throwing those potshots at Vienna (because he was 32, she was 24). You know, I warmed up to Chantal just a little. I can believe that she probably more often than not get what she wants. Still, she's not one of my favorites, and my "armchair coaching" doesn't think she's the best fit for Brad. And, can you believe Chantal lives literally three miles from me? Jason and Molly Mesnik, Chantal, and I all live within miles of each other. Anyway, next week's episode may be a "crossroads" for me, in terms of how I view many of the remaining women, especially Chantal. She seems just a little to aggressive, feisty, and Deanna-like for me, and well, we know how that went last time!

FORT Fanatic

I know this is alittle off topic. However, it really bothered me the way Keltie exited. She seemed so depressed about her lot in life. I am sure there is a match for her out there and i hope she hasnt totally given up on love. The other two dont seem to be ready for a real relationship but Keltie is looking for love and appeared to be so ready to jump into a relationship. Dont give up Keltie, a good man is worth the wait. Or so I am always told.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;4145310;
    I know this is alittle off topic. However, it really bothered me the way Keltie exited. She seemed so depressed about her lot in life. I am sure there is a match for her out there and i hope she hasnt totally given up on love. The other two dont seem to be ready for a real relationship but Keltie is looking for love and appeared to be so ready to jump into a relationship. Dont give up Keltie, a good man is worth the wait. Or so I am always told.
    I admit that the women eliminated last night took it extremely hard, and for different reasons. I know much of the show is contrived, but last night should make us much more of believers. Did anybody else notice that when Brad was getting down to the last roses, the women without roses were REALLY shaking? I didn't see much of that during Jake's season. I also don't remember three women in tears after the same rose ceremony with Jake. Let me offer up a male perspective with Keltie. I'll call it "bad news, good news:" The bad news is that one of her bigger problems seems to be a lack of self-esteem. The good news is, that's not always a complete turn-off to men. It's going to take a special kind of man, though. She definitely could use a gentleman who is a "backpatter" and has a "nurturing personality." What's UN-fortunate, is many men up to 32 seem to think that it's "beneath them" to date and marry a woman who "needs a little backpatting," even if she's nice, smart, and cute. Keltie is also probably seeing her female friends, sisters, and female cousins all getting married and having children in their 20s, which certainly adds to the pressure she's putting on herself. I blame programs like Sex and the City for this, because when a woman says she's approaching 30, never married, no children, the other women show pity for her. That's just a microcosm. Maybe, she should seek men who are more 33-34, because if most of the men she's been dating are her age peers, well, you know how commitment-o-phobic we are. I didn't marry until 31, and didn't feel any pressure. It would be interesting to know if the men she dates don't feel it with her, or if it's more that she doesn't feel it with them; which of the two is more the case, is what I would be curious to know. But, I'm with the rest of you, in that I hope she finds Mr. Right, as she seems like a cute and sweet lady. She just needs to develop some confidence.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;4145310;
    I just went to watch Diaries of the Departed. What do the rest of you think about Keltie; take my views with a grain of salt, as they're just hunches. I get the sense that she probably tries a little too hard to show bubble and enthusiasm with the men she dates, and that may scare them off. If that's so, she needs to just let her natural beauty and personality shine through. On the other hand, maybe the bubbly Keltie IS the real her, and it takes a certain type of taste to mesh. Since she at 28 likely wants a man 29-35, the over-the-top outgoingness (I sensed it from when she tried to teach Brad a dance routine) may have worked when she and her desired men were still in their early 20s. That may not go over as well with the older demographic. She seems like a great woman, but just needs to mature a little bit more. One thing that she appears to have is loyalty, which is a huge plus, especially in today's age.

FORT Fan

Brad showed he is not interested in drama in the house. There are a lot of women we haven't seen much of whom he could have cut, but two of the three women he let go had come to him crying and complaining about another woman in the house.

I had to laugh about the "Pretty Woman" reference to the pampering date that Jackie went on. The key part of that movie is that the woman starts off as a prostitute. Not sure if Brad thought that comment through?

Sounds like he and the dentist have something in common re: fathers who weren't available to them when growing up.

The woman he gave the first impression rose to looks quite a bit like Tenley from Jake's season. My daughter has decided to refer to her as Tenley, lol.

The date at the amusement park did start off creepy, with walking through the dark woods. I wonder if they set up all those rides just for the show or if they let any local people go on the rides afterwards.

Keltie needs to get some confidence. She also needs a little less make-up and to let her hair down (literally and figuratively). She seemed like she was trying to be someone she thought Brad wanted instead of being herself. She probably does that with most men. I'm sure the 'true' Keltie is a very sweet girl. She just needs confidence being the person that she is. At least that the way I saw things.

FORT sun

Ali's new hair color looks much better. Good to see Roberto and Ali smiling still. Whoever designed Ali's dress must like to see women look like bloated toads, though. It's hard to make Ali look terrible. Jackie chose a blousey top dress for her date. She did look very attractive, but a different style.....In fact, there's some fairly odd fashion that Raichel, Melissa, and Michelle all share. Kiltie had that necklace headband thingie going.. ? So the women who dress the best are IMO : Emily, Brit, Lindsay, Lisa. Lisa just needs her hair done.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Annastasia B;4145989;
    Keltie needs to get some confidence. She also needs a little less make-up and to let her hair down (literally and figuratively). She seemed like she was trying to be someone she thought Brad wanted instead of being herself. She probably does that with most men. I'm sure the 'true' Keltie is a very sweet girl. She just needs confidence being the person that she is. At least that the way I saw things.
    I agree. Keltie kind of followed the path of Channy from Jake's season, where they went overboard in trying to impress The Bachelor. Channy needed to just be Channy the woman, and show Jake what she had to offer. Keltie needs to be Keltie the woman, not Keltie the Rockette Dancer. She needs a man that's going to fall in love with her for who she is (her good qualities), rather than for what she is (a dancer). She does seem like the classic person who has a hard time finding Mr. Right because she's trying too hard.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Lynne;4145847;
    Brad showed he is not interested in drama in the house. There are a lot of women we haven't seen much of whom he could have cut, but two of the three women he let go had come to him crying and complaining about another woman in the house.

I had to laugh about the "Pretty Woman" reference to the pampering date that Jackie went on. The key part of that movie is that the woman starts off as a prostitute. Not sure if Brad thought that comment through?

Sounds like he and the dentist have something in common re: fathers who weren't available to them when growing up.

The woman he gave the first impression rose to looks quite a bit like Tenley from Jake's season. My daughter has decided to refer to her as Tenley, lol.

The date at the amusement park did start off creepy, with walking through the dark woods. I wonder if they set up all those rides just for the show or if they let any local people go on the rides afterwards.
    I also think that the "growing up without a father figure" commonality will create a bond between Brad and Ashley H. As for the other Ashley S, the one who got the first impression rose, she DOES parallel Tenley not only in looks, but kind of with that sweet voice. I like both of these women a lot. I see a LOT of parallels between women this season, and women of Jake's season. Michelle resembles Michelle from Jake's AND Vienna (complaints about one-on-one time, and taking one-on-one time with Brad even though she had a rose). I hope Brad has an "elimination barrage day" like Jake, by eliminating the Drama Queens.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by eclark;4146011;
    Ali's new hair color looks much better. Good to see Roberto and Ali smiling still. Whoever designed Ali's dress must like to see women look like bloated toads, though. It's hard to make Ali look terrible. Jackie chose a blousey top dress for her date. She did look very attractive, but a different style.....In fact, there's some fairly odd fashion that Raichel, Melissa, and Michelle all share. Kiltie had that necklace headband thingie going.. ? So the women who dress the best are IMO : Emily, Brit, Lindsay, Lisa. Lisa just needs her hair done.
    Raichel's dress came under critical fire by many [emoticon-laughing]. I love the "bloated toad" reference! I also agree that Britt, Lindsay and Lisa dress well; they seem to dress and look natural; they "don't stand out," and that's meant in every good way.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast