Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

FORT Regular

Re: 1/10 Episode 2: The Bachelor 15

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher;4144820;
    I liked the carnival date... going on rides and eating cotton candy. It reminded me of my childhood. I thought Michelle's earings and necklace were way too big; just like her overbearing personality. Michelle is very manipulative. She's dominant, like DeAnna. Melissa and Raichel are unstable, which of course is obvious. Jackie seems stable. Brad didn't ask Ashley the dentist about her past relationships.
    I liked the carnival date, too. I wonder if that was Six Flags, where Jake had his group date. It was very cute. I THOUGHT that going up high on the Ferris Wheel was like the bungy jump climactic date, but probably not. I have nothing to add about Michelle that people haven't already said very well. GOOD for Brad, letting Melissa and Raichel know, "if you're going to fight with each other, we're better off with both of you leaving." He doesn't have time for that. I think Jackie just won't overtake some of the other women, but she has a nice tomboyish appeal to her. One thing I will call Brad on, is his talk about Jackie not dating in college. I didn't date much when I was 22-24, but I wasn't obsessed with it, and I was "getting my life in order." I didn't want a relationship to complicate things at that time (SHE wouldn't have been the issue, it would have been me). But, I certainly took real notice of Jackie tonight.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cbquarterback;4144822;
    I liked the carnival date, too. I wonder if that was Six Flags, where Jake had his group date. It was very cute. I THOUGHT that going up high on the Ferris Wheel was like the bungy jump climactic date, but probably not. I have nothing to add about Michelle that people haven't already said very well. GOOD for Brad, letting Melissa and Raichel know, "if you're going to fight with each other, we're better off with both of you leaving." He doesn't have time for that. I think Jackie just won't overtake some of the other women, but she has a nice tomboyish appeal to her. One thing I will call Brad on, is his talk about Jackie not dating in college. I didn't date much when I was 22-24, but I wasn't obsessed with it, and I was "getting my life in order." I didn't want a relationship to complicate things at that time (SHE wouldn't have been the issue, it would have been me). But, I certainly took real notice of Jackie tonight.
    I think Jackie would be good for Brad. Emily and Ashley would be good too. Maybe Brad was right about Jackie... maybe she didn't have any relationships in college, not because she was busy, but because she didn't want to get close to anyone. But, Jackie went on the show, so she's ready for a relationship now.

Im so tired of Brad falling all over himself to apologize and compliment the girls. First, he made a decision to not get engaged to a someone he didn't want to marry and has spent half his time apologizing for it--seriously? And if he tells one more girl that he wants a hug or that she deserves something I will scream! He barely knows these people--one could be a freaking axe murderer and hes tripping all over himself saying "you deserve it"--why, because they exist? For example, Jackie is probably a great gal but does agreeing to appear on a reality tv show really mean you deserve to see your name in lights & wear thousands of dollars worth of jewelry--is that the criteria these days (because he certainly doesnt really know her...)? Dude, just stop talking for the sake of talking. SHUT UP!

In short, how about forming a set of balls and some meaningful relationships before throwing out all these foolish cliches and apologies?

FORT Newbie

EMILY for the win! Please

FORT Newbie

Just a few thoughts from last night's episode:

I still think it is interesting that the women's ages are not displayed. Why the sudden change? Just curious.

Melissa-You've been thinking about doing this for 8 years, spent a fortune on gowns, and quit your job? You're one smart cookie.

Ashley H.- I was glad that Ashley H got picked for the first one-on-one date. She seems like a nice, cute girl, and I always thought she and Brad would hit it off. I thought the carnival date was cute and would be fun, but I would personally have a problem with it. I have a HUGE fear of clowns, so if there were any clowns, I would be high-tailing it back to the car in my high heels and tutu dress. Brad and Ashely hit it off well and Brad seemed as though he was having a lot of fun, as opposed to last time around. I have to admit that he already seems A LOT more open and willing to share things about himself. He also seems more open about showing his feelings, even this early on. Also, I have to agree with Ashley. The beginning of their date seemed a tad like a horror movie. One last thing: Ashley H definitely talks with her hands, and it started to annoy me a little bit on their date!

Group Date- First of all I want to say that I was very pleased to see The Bachelor doing PSAs for The American Red Cross. I try to give blood as often as I can because I know just how important it is. My mom would not be here today without all you great people who gave blood! Way to go ABC! Second, how many girls are on this date? This has to be a Bachelor record. I also got the first hint of a sense of humor from Emily when she said, "Awesome. Thanks. Brad." Ok, let me address the most ridiculous part of this date so I can move on. Michelle. I can't stand whiny women who think they are entitled to attention or who pout just to get attention. She didn't even participate in the PSA. Why? Because she is 30 today and Brad wasn't paying attention to her? Get over yourself. You can't expect to be the focus of his attention on a date with 15 girls. Put on your big girl panties and get on with it. I have to say this is the first time I have been disappointed in Brad. He shouldn't have given her the rose for acting like a pouty 5 year old. Poor Keltie, that costume was pretty awful. Britt really surprised me, get it girl!

Jackie- I have to admit that Jackie's date would be one of my favorite dates to go on. My vice is going to the spa and getting pampered, so I would have been right in my element. I don't have a lot to say about this date because I was kind of bored. First, out of all of those dresses to pick from, she chose that one? Not saying that the dress didn't look pretty good on her, but I saw several others that were a lot better! Second, I think she should have worn her hair down. If I had long rich brown hair like that, I would be taking advantage of it. Besides the spa part of the date, I would also have enjoyed Train.

Rose Ceremony-I was glad to see Ali and Roberto tonight. I also liked Ali's shorter darker hair. It looked much better than it ever did during her season. Melissa and Raichel drove me crazy. Please act like you are adults, not high schoolers. If I was lucky enough to get some one-on-one time with the Bachelor, I guarantee you I would not be crying and I would not be talking about other girls. Also, he doesn't care how many slices of pizza you had or what was on your pizza. To me, Brad redeemed himself after the Michelle debacle, by sending both Melissa and Raichel home. I appreciate him getting rid of the drama, and I hope that he continues on that path. Way to go Brad!
    Last edited by kbryant; 01-11-2011 at 10:52 AM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by kbryant;4144947;
    Just a few thoughts from last night's episode:

I still think it is interesting that the women's ages are not displayed. Why the sudden change? Just curious.

Melissa-You've been thinking about doing this for 8 years, spent a fortune on gowns, and quit your job? You're one smart cookie.

Ashley H.- I was glad that Ashley H got picked for the first one-on-one date. She seems like a nice, cute girl, and I always thought she and Brad would hit it off. I thought the carnival date was cute and would be fun, but I would personally have a problem with it. I have a HUGE fear of clowns, so if there were any clowns, I would be high-tailing it back to the car in my high heels and tutu dress. Brad and Ashely hit it off well and Brad seemed as though he was having a lot of fun, as opposed to last time around. I have to admit that he already seems A LOT more open and willing to share things about himself. He also seems more open about showing his feelings, even this early on. Also, I have to agree with Ashley. The beginning of their date seemed a tad like a horror movie. One last thing: Ashley H definitely talks with her hands, and it started to annoy me a little bit on their date!

Group Date- First of all I want to say that I was very pleased to see The Bachelor doing PSAs for The American Red Cross. I try to give blood as often as I can because I know just how important it is. My mom would not be here today without all you great people who gave blood! Way to go ABC! Second, how many girls are on this date? This has to be a Bachelor record. I also got the first hint of a sense of humor from Emily when she said, "Awesome. Thanks. Brad." Ok, let me address the most ridiculous part of this date so I can move on. Michelle. I can't stand whiny women who think they are entitled to attention or who pout just to get attention. She didn't even participate in the PSA. Why? Because she is 30 today and Brad wasn't paying attention to her? Get over yourself. You can't expect to be the focus of his attention on a date with 15 girls. Put on your big girl panties and get on with it. I have to say this is the first time I have been disappointed in Brad. He shouldn't have given her the rose for acting like a pouty 5 year old. Poor Keltie, that costume was pretty awful. Britt really surprised me, get it girl!

Jackie- I have to admit that Jackie's date would be one of my favorite dates to go on. My vice is going to the spa and getting pampered, so I would have been right in my element. I don't have a lot to say about this date because I was kind of bored. First, out of all of those dresses to pick from, she chose that one? Not saying that the dress didn't look pretty good on her, but I saw several others that were a lot better! Second, I think she should have worn her hair down. If I had long rich brown hair like that, I would be taking advantage of it. Besides the spa part of the date, I would also have enjoyed Train.

Rose Ceremony-I was glad to see Ali and Roberto tonight. I also liked Ali's shorter darker hair. It looked much better than it ever did during her season. Melissa and Raichel drove me crazy. Please act like you are adults, not high schoolers. If I was lucky enough to get some one-on-one time with the Bachelor, I guarantee you I would not be crying and I would not be talking about other girls. Also, he doesn't care how many slices of pizza you had or what was on your pizza. To me, Brad redeemed himself after the Michelle debacle, by sending both Melissa and Raichel home. I appreciate him getting rid of the drama, and I hope that he continues on that path. Way to go Brad!
    Great thoughts. I really like Ashley H the dentist, too. And, fear of clowns is nothing to sneeze at, as more people have that fear than one would realize. I think that the producers know that displaying Brad's 37-38, and with some contestants being 24-25, that just sets the audience to start up with cynical remarks. As I recall, Jackie is pretty young, but she seems mature for her age, like Corrie from Jake's season. I happen to think that Brad CAN mesh with a woman 10-12 years younger, because I'm not led to believe that he's much different today than he was 10 years ago in terms of demeanor. We see it every season: contestants waste valuable time with the Bach/Ette complaining about others, rather than trying to show why THEY are right for the Bach/Ette. Michelle is a combo of Michelle from Jake's season (complaining about lack of alone time), and Vienna (taking time with Brad even AFTER she got the rose). I can't believe Michelle got a rose when she did; at the rose ceremony, I could have stomached that. He has some nice wholesome women left to choose from (Ashley S, Lindsay, Britt, Lisa), so I hope he releases more Drama Queens. I've become more of a believer, that Chantal O can grow on me as the season goes on. We'll see.

I'm glad Melissa and Raichel are gone. I can't stand it when these girls use the word "like" as every other word in a sentence. It's annoying and makes them appear stupid. They both acted like a couple of 12 year olds.

Good to see Roberto and Ali. I really didn't like Ali's hair though. She needs a good haircut/style and I think it looked better with more blonde.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Chris Harrison mentioned the lack of ages in his blog - he said they went with different graphics this year and the ages wouldn't fit. He then pointed out that the ages are listed on the ABC website. Just an FYI since it's been mentioned a few times.

I have to say I love being unspoiled. I'm starting to get a picture of who's right up there for the end...

And IA with others - I physically cringed and shuddered when I saw the clowns at the carnival date. I intensely, intensely dislike clowns and I felt like ABC was trying to drive that point home with all the clown shots. But the date looked like a lot of fun and Brad seemed so relaxed. I found it also interesting that Chris H. mentioned this date and Ashley in his blog. I wonder if she'll be a frontrunner who loses steam and gets the 'friend' card. I could see that happening based on their conversation. (And since I haven't visit the spoiler section yet this season, please note that this is purely speculation on my part! If you know any differently b/c you've been spoiled, please don't post it!)
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Regular

I didn't even think about who'd get the potential "Friend Card" Dagger this season. Clearly, it was Jillian on Jason's season. I still can't pin down who got it with Jake. I may be wrong, but I actually think EMILY might get that "Friend Card." Oh yes, would it be fair to say Chris L got that on Ali's season?

Another word that gets used a bazillion times: "Amazing!"

Jake, you look amazing! Deanna and Jenni are two amazing women, anybody would be lucky to have them. Jillian, you look amazing. He is so amazing. She is so amazing.

I think that's the word that draws a laugh out of me whenever I hear it.

Loved the tie in with the Red Cross. I've been a donor for years, so anything that inspires people to donate is good in my book.
    And I loved the PSA - that they take all types, too! Too funny.
    I thought Ali needed more blonde in her hair - she looked kind of washed out to me. Also, that dress was totally unflattering - it was too short and those sleeves were not at all becoming to her.
    Jackie looks very familiar to me. She seems like a nice girl, but I just don't see her, or Ashley from the carnival date, going that far in this.
    Glad to see Raichel and Melissa cut. And, my goodness what was up with those overly enlarged b**bs on Raichel? She looked like she was about to topple over at any moment.
    I loved seeing the Hollywood Bowl date. I've been there numerous times and I'm jealous just seeing the 2 of them there with a private concert. how lucky can you get?!!
    Am I the only one who really dislikes Chantal? She seems like a total spoiled, mean girl.
    And, Michelle looks a lot older than 30, IMO.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast