Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brad's Blog

Re: Brad's Blog

I just have to say Madison rocks! She is deep and sensitive and caring. She was on Ellen today and she's got a great sense of humor and quick wit. But it's what is inside her that truly makes her beautiful. She is way more than just a pretty face. I think the women she made friends with probably feel very lucky to have her as a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4152674;
    I was expecting Brad to make more comments about Michelle's edit during this episode. We all saw a bitchy woman, yet during the show he said she was playful. Huh? Why didn't he admit to having no clue in this blog?
    By "aggressive," I assumed he meant it in a negative way to depict what he was really thinking (what a nutcase!).

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Bachelor: Brad Womack and Michelle Money : People.com

Brad's Bachelor Blog: Michelle Is a 'Remarkable Woman'

By Brad Womack

Tuesday January 25, 2011 09:15 AM EST

Hello, PEOPLE!

On this week's episode of The Bachelor I went on an island getaway, got great advice from the "love doctors," and did the scariest thing I've ever had to do in my entire life! What a week!

It began with a helicopter ride with Chantal to Catalina Island. Even though the island is very close to L.A., we both felt like we were on a vacation and so far away from life back home. I was aware of Chantal's fear of deep water but knew she would be strong enough to push through. I was also hoping to possibly help her overcome that fear, which she did, and we both enjoyed an amazing experience while "walking" with fish and other sea life. The second part of the date was extremely romantic and it felt like Chantal and I became very close. Here's a teaser: There's something about Chantal and I – every time we get together it rains! You'll see what I mean in future episodes.

While watching this episode and seeing what the girls back at the house were saying, I realize that the women were comparing themselves to other women and pointing out differences between them. A few of them are saying things like, "Well if he has a connection with this person, he couldn't possibly have one with me because we're so different." That's so very untrue. I came into this process a second time not allowing myself to hone in on a specific type. I wanted to try to bond with different personalities and I feel I succeeded in that. I wish the women would have been more aware of what I was trying to do and I accept responsibility for not making them aware. Maybe it would have prevented some unnecessary grief.

I've always been a huge fan of Dr. Drew and the Love Line show, so it was an honor to meet and talk to both him and Mike Catherwood. This date was perfect. I've never seen or heard the women be more vulnerable and open. I know it may have seemed like a long therapy session for and maybe even a little bit boring to all of you, but I can't put into words how much it helped my relationships develop with the women that were present. Of course, we had to end the date with a pool party. All I'll say is this – the best part was when we were all dancing in the hot tub! You saw a little clip during the end credits, but it lasted much longer than that. Those girls can get down! (And I can't.)

Michelle and I both agreed that repelling down the building in downtown L.A. was the scariest thing we've ever had to do ... EVER. I'll never forget the feeling of swinging my legs over that building and waiting on Michelle to begin. I was petrified with fear but wanted to be strong for her. She was a mess at first – so terrified she was crying uncontrollably. I was so proud of her for conquering her fear! She did it! We both were so exhilarated when we touched the ground below. More importantly, that evening I saw a side to Michelle that I had been waiting to see. She's obviously beautiful but she's also intelligent, mature and I can tell from listening to her that she is an amazing mother. I want to say this: Michelle is catching some flack for being so outspoken during the episodes, but I'd like to let everyone know what a remarkable woman she is. She has a very funny side to her and maybe she "hams it up" a little bit during certain interviews but I like that. There are many, many positive sides to Michelle that haven't been revealed ... yet.

There was a lot of talk about Emily during the cocktail after I arranged an impromptu picnic for her. Please let me explain: She had revealed quite a bit about her life to me, both past and present, during our date at the vineyard. I can only imagine what it took for her to tell me everything she did. I didn't have a single chance to talk to her after that because she didn't receive a date of any type the following week. I wanted to just say, "Thank you for sharing such an intimate part of your life with me." In hindsight (and especially after watching the reactions from some of the other girls that didn't go on a date that same week), I realize it may have been a little unfair of me to do that. I didn't think about how the other women may have felt and I'm truly sorry. Again, it wasn't until I saw the conversations that occurred while I was with Emily that I realized I made a small mistake. I don't regret the picnic, but I do regret not doing something for the other girls that went dateless that week as well. It makes me feel like some sort of "criminal" for robbing those ladies of that!

See ya next week!
    – Brad Womack
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I really, really like Brad. Even in his prior season. So I have to say, no you were not criminal Brad, just TACKY.

The Bachelor: Brad Womack, Shopping Spree, NASCAR : People.com

Blog: All About the Dates

By Brad Womack

Tuesday February 01, 2011 08:15 AM EST

Hey, guys!

So here we are at episode 5. This was so exciting because we traveled to Las Vegas! I can't describe how much I love that city, and I was so happy to get the women out of the Malibu mansion and take them to one of my favorite cities in the entire world.

I started the week with a one-on-one date with Shawntel. I chose her for this particular date because Shawntel is such an unassuming woman and never asks for or expects anything out of the ordinary. I really like this quality in a person so I wanted to take her on a shopping spree and give her some things that she would never buy for herself.

The Crystals shopping center is truly one of the nicest in the world. I can only imagine it's a woman's dream come true to have stores closed to the public in order to allow her to shop. We had so much fun! We both tried on countless outfits and accessories and laughed the entire day. Shawntel walked away with bags full of merchandise and I was so happy for her.

I especially enjoyed the evening part of my date with Shawntel. We had an amazing conversation and I felt like I got to know her very well. This was Shawntel's first time in Las Vegas, so to have a shopping spree, dinner on the roof of the Aria hotel and her own fireworks display to end the evening – it was an over-the-top experience for her!

You can see in my interview (that evening with Shawntel) that I was laughing hysterically. There was something about the fact that we were talking about Shawntel's cat, Peaches, that I found to be so funny. Long story, but I couldn't stop laughing!

The NASCAR Date

Now on to the date that everyone seems to be talking about ... the NASCAR date. I want to be very clear: I had absolutely no idea the extent of Ricky's (Emily's ex-fiancÚ) involvement with NASCAR. I never – not for anything in this world – would have taken Emily to the racetrack in Las Vegas if I had known. It was only in the middle of the actual date that I found out everything about Emily's past.

On a positive note, I was very proud of Emily for driving the car instead of shutting down. It showed an immense amount of strength and courage on her part. I know it was an emotional experience for her and I tried my best to comfort her while not overstepping my boundaries. It actually seemed like something Emily needed to do to be able to move forward and try to find love again, so I'm actually glad everything happened as it did (although that may seem selfish on my part).

Trying to comfort Emily as much as I did obviously caused some drama during the final part of the group date. I empathize with the women because I know time is limited, but I also wish everyone would have been more understanding. In no way did I feel sorry for Emily (because I think she's moved on). I simply wanted to be there for her in a time of need. I would have done the exact same thing for any of the women that were there on the date. I will say, however, that no matter what the circumstances were, I was able to let Emily know that I was beginning to develop strong feelings for her. And that's why I gave her the rose.

2-On-1 Date

Now for the dreaded two-on-one date. This is by far the most awkward situation a man can put himself in. The Ashleys are both incredible women so I knew I was going to lose out on getting to know one of them even better. I chose "the Ashleys" for this date because my feelings for both of them were strong enough that I had to put myself in a position to make a very hard choice. It may not make sense to some of you, but that's the best way I can explain it. One thing I didn't realize is how close they had become in the house. I honestly didn't know that they were "best friends." I didn't intentionally put these women against each other – I promise that. My decision boiled down to just one thing: My feelings for Ashley H. were stronger. I can't define that specifically; it's just one of those things. It is what it is.

The exciting part of the date was Cirque du Soleil! Ashley and I had the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to perform in a live show. I'm a huge fan of all of the Cirque shows, so I'll never forget that. Ashley was so good in the show. I was so proud of her!

The rose ceremony was very difficult. I remember looking around the room and realizing what a small group of women were left. I can't say enough good things about both Marissa and Lisa, but I had to say goodbye to both of them simply because stronger connections had been made with other women.

That's it for this week. As always, I want to say a very sincere thank you to all of you that are continuing to watch. Thanks!
    – Brad Womack
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Bachelor Recap: Brad Womack in Costa Rica : People.com

Brad Womack's Bachelor Blog: Down and Out in Costa Rica

By Brad Womack

Down and Out in Costa Rica

Hey, everybody!

So this particular blog is going to be a little bit different. In my past blogs, I've described the individual women, the dates, etc. This time I'd like to try to describe the very intense emotions I was feeling in Costa Rica.

I had hit what felt was like an insurmountable wall and needed the women so badly during the entire week. I was physically and emotionally exhausted, and I don't know if the exhaustion was as apparent in the episode as it felt. I don't know why it hit me like it did. Maybe it was that Costa Rica was almost the halfway point of our journey (which was a reminder of how many more difficult decisions were going to have to be made). Maybe I realized that, at this point, no matter who I said goodbye to, she was going to be a very big loss for me. I've said it a million times – this group of women is extraordinary, and it was a heartbreaking realization to know that all but one would be leaving soon.

Yes, I know the ultimate goal is to meet just one woman that I could call my wife one day, but that didn't make it easier to say goodbye. I'm so thankful to the women for pulling me through such a tough week!

Let me make something clear ... in no way did my bad mood have anything to do with the beautiful country of Costa Rica! I've never seen a destination that has such beauty as well as a plethora of activities that one can do to enjoy the landscape. We were able to zipline through the treetops, rappel down numerous waterfalls, and explore a cave that is 40 million years old! For anyone that has an adventurous side, or even if you want to just relax on a beach, Costa Rica is the place to go!

All of the dates seemed to be filled with adrenaline, so there wasn't much time to have an intimate conversation with the women. Of course, once the evening part of the date arrived, that changed. I gained some ground with some of the women that I was hoping for. Unfortunately though, I lost some footing with some of the women that I was so confident I had a very strong connection with. It was a week full of clarity, so to speak. Maybe that's another reason I was so frustrated – I realized that emotions can develop, or fade away, very quickly during this journey. I like to be in control of my emotions but learned this week that maybe it's best to let my heart guide me.

Having to say goodbye to both Jackie and Alli was extremely difficult. I remember talking to Alli during dinner and knowing that I needed to let her go. It was similar to being punched in the stomach. I knew that I needed to say goodbye for various reasons but I simply didn't want her to have to leave.

Jackie was the exact same way. Here's a woman that has endless qualities that I would assume every man is looking for, but I didn't feel a strong enough connection with her. I remember hugging her before she got into the SUV and drove off, and not wanting to let go. Both women were very gracious in their exits, which was yet another sign of their maturity.

Thanks so much for watching everybody! Just wait until you see the beautiful island of Anguilla ... and watch as a love story unfolds before your eyes!
    – Brad Womack

The Bachelor - Michelle Money Elimination in Anguilla : People.com

Brad Womack's Bachelor Blog: Why I Said Goodbye

By Brad Womack

Hey, everyone!

I'm so excited that we're finally at the Anguilla episode! Aside from the finale, this was by far my favorite week of my journey on The Bachelor. The island was so beautiful, so pristine. The CuisinArt Resort & Spa was absolutely amazing ... I didn't want to leave!

I was looking forward to my date with Emily so much! By that time, I had developed immense feelings for Em. For some reason, though, I always clammed up around her and acted like a shy school kid, so I had to use this date to tell her how I was feeling. Our date was one of the most romantic dates I've ever been on! Who can say that they've had the chance to take a date to a deserted island? The date was perfect and could not have ended any better. After I left Emily that night I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders because our relationship had reached a place I so badly wanted it to go.

The date with Shawntel was so much fun. I was so thankful to be able to hang out with the people of Anguilla as well as Shawntel. The locals were so warm, so friendly. They accepted Shawntel and me with open arms. I felt like I gained some ground with Shawntel on that date. We had a very good conversation while at Bankie Banx's beachside bar. Shawntel told me she was falling in love with me and I was taken aback only because I simply didn't expect that at all. What a day in Anguilla ...

I'm going to save my thoughts about the group date for last, so I'll discuss my date with Britt: I had wanted to go out with Britt for a very long time but numerous circumstances had prevented that from happening. I won't rehash the date, but I'd like to talk about my decision to say goodbye to Britt that very night. What people didn't see in the episode is that Britt and I had a very mature and candid conversation about that certain spark not being there. I remember feeling so relieved at Britt's candid nature. I didn't want to torture her by asking her to sit through a rose ceremony. In a testament to Britt, her exit was very mature and very gracious.

Now for the group date: Okay, for the few fellas that may be reading this, you may think that would have been the best date in the world. (For the record, I was thinking that it was at that particular time.) Well, it wasn't. Not even close. What the hell was I thinking when I put three girls in bikinis, on a photo shoot, while fighting for the same guy? It got ugly very quickly. Tears were flowing, emotions were boiling, and the sun was baking. A fantasy date (by definition) turned into sheer hell. I was so relieved when that date was over. With that being said, I'd like to extend my extreme gratitude to the entire SI team for allowing us into their world for a day. They were the textbook definition of consummate professionals.

Now for the rose ceremony: Yes, it was time to say goodbye to Michelle. Some of you may be sighing in relief; some may think she was around too long; some may think saying goodbye was a mistake. I'm going to defend Michelle once more ... For everyone out there that is criticizing her, please try to see the humor in her antics. Here's a woman that, yes, may be opinionated, but also doesn't take herself too seriously and makes light of many situations. My decision to say goodbye to Michelle had absolutely nothing to do with her light-hearted craziness. It was simply a matter of not having feelings that warranted trying to begin a future with her. Michelle will be sorely missed.

Next week is hometown visits, folks ... Things are getting serious!

Thanks for watching!
    – Brad

Madawaska, Maine, Charlotte, N.C., Among Brad Womack's Hometown Visits : People.com

Brad Womack's Bachelor Blog: Why I (Almost) Didn't Kiss Emily
    BY BRAD WOMACK

Hello again, everybody! I hope you enjoyed watching the hometown visits. This week was especially important to me because I place such an emphasis on family. It gave me true insight about where the women come from and what life would be like with each of them in their everyday lives.

First of all, each of the families were so welcoming, warm and hospitable. I was welcomed into each home with open arms and I'm truly grateful for that.

One thing I'd like to point out – it seemed as if this go-around I wasn't met with any skepticism. During my last experience on The Bachelor, I felt like I had to convince some of the family members that it was a very real experience and that love is possible, even in such a unique situation. This time, all of the families seemed to accept that and not question it at all. In fact, I even received unsolicited blessings from some of the fathers (which I greatly appreciated).

I absolutely loved seeing each of the women light up when they got around their families. We had been traveling a lot by this pointand I could tell the women were becoming homesick. I was so happy to see them back home, genuinely smiling and happy.

Shawntel N.'s hometown had to be the most unique because she showed me her place of work first. Laying down on the embalming table is something I won't quickly forget. I hope it made her realize I was willing to do literally anything to show her I admire and respect her career!

I played a short game of football with Chantal O.'s family (her father just happens to be an ex-pro football player) and performed terribly. I dropped quite a few passes in front of the man. I think guys can empathize with me here – I was completely and utterly mortified and embarrassed.

Ashley's family was a riot! They were so much fun and outgoing. You didn't see me facing a few tough (but appropriate) questions from Ashley's sister and I'd like to think I passed the test!

Last but definitely not least, I was humbled and honored to get the chance to meet Emily's daughter, Little Ricki. It took a while to get her to open up to me but once she did, my heart melted by just being around that little girl.

Every single visit with each of the families was perfect in its own, unique way. I can't explain to all of you how important getting to meet the families is during this experience. It gives the person a true perspective on how everyday life will be with the "chosen one" – a much-needed perspective in a sometimes-cloudy experience.

One last thing ... I want to explain why I didn't kiss Emily while sitting on her couch. It's no secret that I'm brand new to a lot of this. I've never dated a woman with a daughter before so I don't know proper etiquette in that situation. All I know is this, I wanted to kiss Emily every second I was around her, but my very first concern was showing her daughter respect (as well as Emily). I realize it makes me look like a weird and awkward guy around Emily, but that's anything but the case. Again, my first concern was her daughter.

Now for the most beautiful landscape I've ever seen in my life – South Africa! These next episodes get really, really good so be prepared to have a lot of fun while watching!

Thanks!
    – Brad Womack

Hey everybody,

You saw this week on The Bachelor I was able to fulfill a lifelong dream of mine: I traveled to South Africa!

The three remaining ladies and I spent some time on a private game reserve in Sabi Sands called Lion Sands Game Reserve. It was beautiful! The first morning that I woke up, as I entered the bathroom, I looked outside and saw an elephant casually grazing for his morning snack. Right outside of my bathroom! We were surrounded by exotic animals in their natural habitat while staying at the lodge – truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

I'm told that the majority of you that are watching find this particular week the most interesting because this is the week of the fantasy overnight dates. I'll be the first to admit, as a fan of the show before I was on it, I would always tune in and wonder what exactly happens on those overnight dates. Will the couple really stay the night together? Are they really free from cameras or is there a crew on standby, waiting to capture the next groundbreaking moment? Well I, of course, found out the answer to my questions. Yes, we (the couple) are completely alone and camera free. Yes, we stay in the same room together overnight. What happens is completely up to the couple.

RELATED: The Bachelor's Shawntel: Why I Took Brad to a Funeral Home

I'd like to explain why overnight dates are so important and what I used those nights away from the cameras for. I wanted to take the opportunity with all three of the women to talk, off camera, so we could all feel even more comfortable. By this time, I had gotten to know the women so very well and I wanted to feel confident in the fact that, after talking with each of them all night, I knew exactly what type of woman each of them is. I wanted to be confident that I actually knew these women as well as I thought I did. The overnight dates actually gave me quite a bit of clarity – clarity that I had been looking for!

The women and I were able to go on some amazing dates. A safari, riding elephants and a helicopter tour – all in one week! Whose life is this?! Speaking of the dates, being with Chantal and Emily in South Africa really brought us closer. Each relationship got a lot stronger, but I know everybody is going to have the most questions about Ashley.

Saying goodbye to Ashley was extremely difficult. Everyone knows what a connection Ashley and I had that started from day one. I remember watching her drive away – I was so sad. I didn't think I had made a mistake. I was just riddled with questions in my mind. What happened along the way to our relationship? Could I have done something differently? Does Ashley know how much I care about her as a person? It was like I was watching a lifelong friend drive away, not knowing if I would ever see her again.

It's almost here! Only two weeks left and all of you can share with me one of the best days of my entire life. I'm counting the minutes until the day I can tell anyone who will listen who I've fallen in love with!

Thanks so much for the continued support!

– Brad Womack
    The Bachelor - Brad's Overnight Dates in South Africa : People.com

Brad Womack's Bachelor Blog: Shock Over Attack Against Michelle

Hello again, everybody!

I'm excited about writing this blog because it's about the always-fun Women Tell All episode of The Bachelor. I'm also going to steal Chris Harrison's line here and confirm that, yes, it was "the most dramatic Women Tell All episode in Bachelor history." Confirmed. Verified. Validated. One hundred percent true. My God, the women didn't hold back! Sweet little Jackie, using the F-bomb?! Stacey, attacking Michelle's parenting skills?! Rachel, still refusing to apologize to Melissa? As I said, the most dramatic ever!

I need to let all of you know that I wasn't privy to what was going on as we taped. In fact, I actually only saw the women for the two segments that I was onstage, so I had no idea what I was walking into. I wish all of you could feel what I felt when I saw all of the women for the first time that evening! It was like walking into a family reunion or something. I realize comparing "ex-girlfriends" to my "family" is very odd. I just feel like some extremely strong friendships were formed over the course of filming and it was such a pleasure to see all of the women after what felt like years.

I was shocked at the verbal assault that was thrown at Michelle! Yes, the ladies are entitled to their opinions, but after seeing Michelle sobbing, I expected the other women to back down a little bit. The attack was almost relentless! Thank God for referee Chris stepping in or who knows how bad it would have gotten. Michelle has obviously learned a lot about herself while watching the show and I'm confident she'll turn what she considers character flaws into something positive. All I can ask is please find the humor in Michelle's personality. (I still think the world of you, Jackie and Stacey! I'm just very surprised!)

Having to watch Ashley S.'s goodbye was heart-wrenching. I'm going to admit something – Ashley asked for closure from the date in Vegas and, after watching my response, I still don't feel as if I provided what she was looking for. I don't know if I was put on the spot or not. In fact, I don't know why I responded the way I did. We all know I'm not the most articulate guy in the world and to Ashley S., I wish I could have provided more closure. I didn't mean she wouldn't make a good wife in general. I simply didn't have the feelings that are needed for a future. I didn't feel the way about Ashley S. that her future husband will feel. So I'm here to admit, saying goodbye had nothing to do with Ashley S. – it had everything to do with me. Ashley, if you're reading this, trust me when I say you will make an extraordinary wife to a very lucky man one day!

Ashley H., where do I begin? It's very difficult to watch a goodbye that was full of so much emotion. Seeing Ashley become emotional while watching our goodbye during the special really got to me. She told me she has regrets but I tried to comfort her. I don't think anyone that hasn't gone through this experience realizes how difficult it can be when real feelings begin to develop. It can breed some insecurities and a lack of confidence that people aren't normally used to. Ashley did nothing wrong. I wish I could have been the man that could comfort her and make her feel confident when she needed me. I failed at that particular task. Something tells me Ashley will be just fine.

How cool was the video of all the kids at the Henna School in South Africa? That was seriously one of the best feelings I've had. The kids were awesome and it's crazy to think what little it takes to change their lives. So for any of you out there that want to help, with any amount of money, you can check out the Henna School and the work of Bachelor Gives Back by going to The Bachelor page at ABC.com or going directly to TheBachelor.TV.

Well, I can't believe it! We're here. ONE MORE WEEK! I'm so excited to have the opportunity to talk about the woman I have fallen in love with. She has changed my life. That, in a very large way, has a lot to do with all of you awarding me the opportunity to go through this process again. I'll save my cheesy thank you to all of you until the very last blog but don't think for a second I will forget how lucky I am. Thank you, everybody!

I am looking forward to writing the last blog more than words can say! Stay tuned.
    – Brad Womack

Brad Womack's Bachelor Blog: Shock Over Attack Against Michelle - The Bachelor : People.com

Last edited by nikkij_26; 03-08-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast