Closed Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 1/3 Premiere: The Bachelor 15

Re: 1/3 Premiere: The Bachelor 15

Quote Originally Posted by cbquarterback;4140460;
    My perspectives are male, philosophical, objective, but also a little naively glass-half-full. I agree that having all of these beautiful women vying for me would swell my ego and cloud my thinking. I'd have a hard time believing that women were battling each other for ME. That's another reason why I wish there would be more "realistic dates," like when Ali and Hunter were in a house, and cooked hamburgers together. That's more real, because once I got married, we didn't bungee jump on a regular basis [emoticon: laugh]. Of course, realistic dates are a ratings and drama snoozer. You'll also see as the season goes along, that I always tend to favor the "safer" women, the ones who may not seem the most exciting, but not as volatile.
    I would LOVE to see more realistic dates. Much like the one that Molly/Jason had -- dinner at his "house", with his son in the other room. Especially as a parent, that's life on a daily basis. The idea of bungee jumping and helicopter rides every day makes me giggle. But yeah, a toddler with a nightmare interrupting a snuggling/movie night on the couch isn't exactly the kind of drama they want for this show.

I didn't really tie into one of the women from the first ep. I noticed a few: Michelle, Chantal, Emily but that wasn't necessarily a "like". LOL But in the past ones, I've always liked the 'sweet' ones far more than the dramatic ones.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cbquarterback;4140483;
    Believe it or not, I live literally 4 miles from Chantal O. I live at the West end of Interstate 90 in Seattle. The bio page said Mercer Island, WA, but said Seattle on the show. And, after thinking about it, I now know which dealerships her father owns (I won't say the name until it becomes public, if ever--it's not my intention to commit violations on these boards). Small world [emoticon: smile] How's this for some "armchair coaching" for Brad: I agree that Brad seems to like a lot of the strong women like Deanna and Chantal. It doesn't seem to be working. Maybe, he's looking for the wrong type of women (that fit with him)? Maybe, he should try the more demure, soft-spoken ladies. I happen to think that a more quiet and shy woman would mesh very nicely with Brad.
    Brad seems easygoing, mild-mannered. He might be drawn to strong women to compliment his personality. Maybe he needs/craves a take-charge woman... But, two easygoing types could work out.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher;4140425;
    Also, I've read the bachelors/bachelorettes know early in he season exactly who they want. They supposedly just say they're in love with two people, and don't know who they will choose, because the producers want the added drama.
    I think that may be true sometimes, but not always. Take Jason for example ... he obviously liked both Molly and Melissa a lot. Or at least really liked Molly but thought Melissa was the better choice for him (at the time of the FRC).

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainAngels;4140753;
    I think that may be true sometimes, but not always. Take Jason for example ... he obviously liked both Molly and Melissa a lot. Or at least really liked Molly but thought Melissa was the better choice for him (at the time of the FRC).
    I've met Jason and Molly here in Seattle, and they were both very nice. Molly's even prettier in person. While I don't like that Melissa had to be hurt, I think things turned out for the better. I'd say that Jason, Molly, and Melissa have all landed on their feet.[emoticon-crying]

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher;4140751;
    Brad seems easygoing, mild-mannered. He might be drawn to strong women to compliment his personality. Maybe he needs/craves a take-charge woman... But, two easygoing types could work out.
    I agree. I hope that Brad himself comes to the realization that complementing his own mild-manneredness with a like woman, may be a case of "playing to their strengths." Being a successful owner of five-plus Austin area bars, shows that he indeed has sufficient take-charge ability on certain things. I think he can take charge, but best of all, he doesn't have to be loud. When he speaks, people seem to listen. In fact, if he's with a quiet and shy woman, he may realize that HE needs to take charge more, and that may prod him to do so. With a Deanna-type, he would probably defer to her, or even ask himself "why bother, she's just going to find a way to one-up my idea."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainAngels;4140753;
    From what I've read about Jake, he had an early preference for Vienna. Then there was Ali who supposedly always knew that Roberto was The One. But, Jason proposed to Melissa, then changed his mind and proposed to Molly... so he really was in love with two women.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cbquarterback;4140781;
    I agree. I hope that Brad himself comes to the realization that complementing his own mild-manneredness with a like woman, may be a case of "playing to their strengths." Being a successful owner of five-plus Austin area bars, shows that he indeed has sufficient take-charge ability on certain things. I think he can take charge, but best of all, he doesn't have to be loud. When he speaks, people seem to listen. In fact, if he's with a quiet and shy woman, he may realize that HE needs to take charge more, and that may prod him to do so. With a Deanna-type, he would probably defer to her, or even ask himself "why bother, she's just going to find a way to one-up my idea."
    Brad has good business sense, but he's not so good with relationships. Brad would be no match for a DeAnna type. If he married a quiet type, the two of them could figure things out together. In a way, it would be easier if Brad married a DeAnna type... but I think he would resent her, and not be aggressive/assertive enough to stand up to her.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cbquarterback;4140078;
    One regret that I have, is Jake's season is the first that I watched beginning to end. If I could, I'd have watched Jesse Palmer's, Brad's, Deanna's, Jason Mesnick's, and Jillian's all-out too. For those who've been watching for years, there's usually a date where a single mother goes to Seaworld with The Bach, and her child shows up. Has she ever NOT been given the rose? I mean, you can't (and shouldn't) pull the rug out from her right after meeting her child. On the other hand, my gripe is that it makes it SO predictable. In fact, until the Ella/Kathryn fiasco, Jake seemed to ALWAYS give a rose to the women on one-on-ones. If the contestants earn it, they deserve the rose. But, I get the sense that Brad will make sure the ladies earn the roses. Darned if you do, darned if you don't: we all saw Ali and Hunter lack the "spark," and I think she made the right move. But, she was inevitably called some not-so-nice names by the audience. I think that I'm just "predicting the obvious," but I take it either Emily or Michelle will get a Seaworld date with Jake, and her child shows up.
    There have only been 3 instances where a Bachelor/ette has met someone's child. Jason was the first (and only so far) Bachelor who has a child. Deanna met Ty at the HTD yet was going to cut Jason. Only, Graham threw a wrench in her plans and decided to leave so she was forced to keep Jason. Stephanie & Ella (think that was her name) are the only women whose children have met the Bachelors and, yes, they were both kept. There have also been women throughout the years who have children who were cut prior to ever having a 1 on 1 date.

These people are 'matter of time' people, so if they make for a good story, then the producers might want them kept for an additional episode but I think it all depends on the person.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;4141784;
    There have only been 3 instances where a Bachelor/ette has met someone's child. Jason was the first (and only so far) Bachelor who has a child. Deanna met Ty at the HTD yet was going to cut Jason. Only, Graham threw a wrench in her plans and decided to leave so she was forced to keep Jason. Stephanie & Ella (think that was her name) are the only women whose children have met the Bachelors and, yes, they were both kept. There have also been women throughout the years who have children who were cut prior to ever having a 1 on 1 date.

These people are 'matter of time' people, so if they make for a good story, then the producers might want them kept for an additional episode but I think it all depends on the person.
    Just my gut feeling, and just my gut: If I gathered anything accurately from the previews, Michelle will NOT be a sympathetic figure much longer, and Brad can cut her with relative ease. If Emily continues to show us the sweeter side of herself, this is an "invariable" that Brad's going to get lambasted for cutting her. The preview showed Brad saying that Emily appeared to be losing interest, but that's probably just fooling me again. Now Ella did a tremendous job raising her son by herself, but I was afraid that regardless of who The Bach was, he was going to face automatic criticism when he eliminated her. Funny too, Ella's "domination" of the two-on-one date, I think HELPED Jake's cause in cutting her!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cbquarterback;4140781;
    Being a successful owner of five-plus Austin area bars, shows that he indeed has sufficient take-charge ability on certain things.
    Brad is co-owner of the bars, along with his brothers. I once knew a set of identical twins like Brad and Chad. Chad was able to get past being abandoned by his father, while Brad needed a lot of help. Brad and Chad have very different coping abilities.

Closed Thread