Closed Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 1/3 Premiere: The Bachelor 15

FORT Fogey

Re: 1/3 Premiere: The Bachelor 15

Quote Originally Posted by cbquarterback;4140146;
    You're preaching to the choir, and a pretty large one. Deanna's pretty and probably a great woman at heart. But, my take is, "if she's my brother's wife, my friend's wife, my cousin's wife, that's great, just as long as she's not my wife." She comes across as too aggressive to me. That dominant side really came out on the Last Chance Date with Brad, and that was it for him. I wasn't a fan of when she got upset just because the guys were having fun together at the bbq. That's like Brad taking the girls to a water polo pool group date, they have fun, and don't pay attention to him, and he gets mad! I'd refer you to Youtubes for the lantern scene (it was never shown per se in an episode, but you know at the end of each, where they show "coming up later this season?" That's where it was), or where Jake's Mom asks him, "are you feeling defensive," but most of those have violated copyright laws and have been taken off.[emoticon: thumbs-down]
    So Brad finally realized that DeAnna is dominant, but he had signed a contract that said that he was supposed to buy a ring and propose marriage? Also, I've read the bachelors/bachelorettes know early in he season exactly who they want. They supposedly just say they're in love with two people, and don't know who they will choose, because the producers want the added drama.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 01-06-2011 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher;4140012;
    When Jake was on the show, he seemed sensitive. But, when Jake and Vienna did their breakup interview with Chris Harrison, Jake yelled at Vienna, and told her to stop interrupting him. I don't think Jake was looking for love. I think his goal was to be on TV, since he did DWTS right after the Bachelor.
    I could believe that maybe when he originally came on Jillian's show, there was a thought of finding love. However, the show itself is a Catch 22. The idea is that the Bach will find one person to love...and he's supposed to do that by dealing with 25-30 women throwing themselves at him. After a few weeks of that, ANYONE would find it hard to stay focused on your goals--no offense meant to anyone, but especially guys--when you're living a fantasy. Tons of beautiful women, vying for your attention, treating you like a King and making you feel as if you're the best thing since sliced bread. Add to that aspects of Stockholm Syndrome, and they are set up for failure, IMO.

So even if you walked into the mix with somewhat good intentions of finding "the One", I imagine before long, those good intentions would be drowning in a sea of teenager-like hormones and a swelled head (the one on top of the shoulders, that is).

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo;4139616;
    Frankly, I'm surprised Chantal is still there after giving Brad that well-deserved slap across his face. With that said, I don't expect her to last long this season.
    I don't know about that. Brad said he liked that in her, and I get the feeling he likes a very strong woman. (He liked Deanna, too and she's definitely strong.) I definitely don't agree with the slap. But I also wonder if she was put up to it, if he knew it was coming... who knows. But I see them on a parring level with each other -- her comment when he called her last to give her a rose "I guess I deserved that." -- said a lot. I think she'll stick around a while.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher;4140425;
    So Brad finally realized that DeAnna is dominant, but he had signed a contract that said that he was supposed to buy a ring and propose marriage? Also, I've read the bachelors/bachelorettes know early in he season exactly who they want. They supposedly just say they're in love with two people, and don't know who they will choose, because the producers want the added drama.
    You'll hear me say this all season: "rumors, rumors, and more rumors." Some rumors I've heard and read over the seasons: Brad allegedly knew early in his season that he wanted to pick nobody, but per contract, he had to go through with it. I heard one account of it saying he went against instructions, and eliminated both Jenni and Deanna. I also recall hearing (and honestly believe) that Ali knew very early that she wanted to choose Roberto; Maybe it was a lucky guess, but I got the early vibe that she and Roberto had a real connection. Another "strategy" I've heard, is that if you know who you want as your F1, pick somebody you're lukewarm about as your F2, so that you can eliminate him/her rather easily. [emoticon: laughing] If I were The Bach and had Jake's women, I'd have known early that Corrie and Kathryn would be my two finalists, and it being Corrie's to lose, Kathryn as "Justin Case" (just in case). So far with Brad's new women, I'd have my three of my finalists picked, and their spots to lose: Ashley S, Lindsay, and Britt. But, as always, one of the other ladies would win me over along the way, and enter the picture.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by connorsmom;4140432;
    I could believe that maybe when he originally came on Jillian's show, there was a thought of finding love. However, the show itself is a Catch 22. The idea is that the Bach will find one person to love...and he's supposed to do that by dealing with 25-30 women throwing themselves at him. After a few weeks of that, ANYONE would find it hard to stay focused on your goals--no offense meant to anyone, but especially guys--when you're living a fantasy. Tons of beautiful women, vying for your attention, treating you like a King and making you feel as if you're the best thing since sliced bread. Add to that aspects of Stockholm Syndrome, and they are set up for failure, IMO.

So even if you walked into the mix with somewhat good intentions of finding "the One", I imagine before long, those good intentions would be drowning in a sea of teenager-like hormones and a swelled head (the one on top of the shoulders, that is).
    My perspectives are male, philosophical, objective, but also a little naively glass-half-full. I agree that having all of these beautiful women vying for me would swell my ego and cloud my thinking. I'd have a hard time believing that women were battling each other for ME. That's another reason why I wish there would be more "realistic dates," like when Ali and Hunter were in a house, and cooked hamburgers together. That's more real, because once I got married, we didn't bungee jump on a regular basis [emoticon: laugh]. Of course, realistic dates are a ratings and drama snoozer. You'll also see as the season goes along, that I always tend to favor the "safer" women, the ones who may not seem the most exciting, but not as volatile.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by connorsmom;4140432;
    I could believe that maybe when he originally came on Jillian's show, there was a thought of finding love.
    Jake was an actor about ten years ago. He might have gone on the show just to be on TV, and maybe have a career as an actor. Brad wants what his brothers have: he wants children.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by connorsmom;4140444;
    I don't know about that. Brad said he liked that in her, and I get the feeling he likes a very strong woman. (He liked Deanna, too and she's definitely strong.) I definitely don't agree with the slap. But I also wonder if she was put up to it, if he knew it was coming... who knows. But I see them on a parring level with each other -- her comment when he called her last to give her a rose "I guess I deserved that." -- said a lot. I think she'll stick around a while.
    Believe it or not, I live literally 4 miles from Chantal O. I live at the West end of Interstate 90 in Seattle. The bio page said Mercer Island, WA, but said Seattle on the show. And, after thinking about it, I now know which dealerships her father owns (I won't say the name until it becomes public, if ever--it's not my intention to commit violations on these boards). Small world [emoticon: smile] How's this for some "armchair coaching" for Brad: I agree that Brad seems to like a lot of the strong women like Deanna and Chantal. It doesn't seem to be working. Maybe, he's looking for the wrong type of women (that fit with him)? Maybe, he should try the more demure, soft-spoken ladies. I happen to think that a more quiet and shy woman would mesh very nicely with Brad.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by connorsmom;4140444;
    Does this make sense at all? I think that Brad is drawn and attracted to these "strong women" like Deanna, and likely Chantal O and Michelle of this season. At the same time, I think that at the same time, he's also very scared to make a lifetime commitment with that type of woman, too. He'd probably have felt much more at ease making that type of commitment to a Jenni Croft, but from what I've seen her type doesn't seem to grab his "front burner" attention.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cbquarterback;4140453;
    You'll hear me say this all season: "rumors, rumors, and more rumors." Some rumors I've heard and read over the seasons: Brad allegedly knew early in his season that he wanted to pick nobody, but per contract, he had to go through with it. I heard one account of it saying he went against instructions, and eliminated both Jenni and Deanna. I also recall hearing (and honestly believe) that Ali knew very early that she wanted to choose Roberto; Maybe it was a lucky guess, but I got the early vibe that she and Roberto had a real connection.
    So, Brad might have known early in his season that he wasn't interested in any of the women... Also, I read that Ali and Roberto knew each other before he was on the Bachelor.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher;4140558;
    So, Brad might have known early in his season that he wasn't interested in any of the women... Also, I read that Ali and Roberto knew each other before he was on the Bachelor.
    I remember hearing that too, that Ali and Roberto had known each other to some degree, before the show. I heard that Ali had tried to get on reality shows before, so maybe she met Roberto at tryouts. Well, it all seems to have worked out! I remember loving Ali the first two episodes of Jake's season, and thought she was PERFECT for Jake. I got less enthused about Ali after I saw the display of nasty she could show. But, she won me back on The Bachette, and I think Roberto will make her a better person.

If it's not a forum violation, if anybody has the pics of Roberto's new State Farm office in San Diego, that would be great!

Closed Thread