Closed Thread
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 175

Thread: 1/3 Premiere: The Bachelor 15

  1. #131
    Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,563

    Re: 1/3 Premiere: The Bachelor 15

    Hilarious, Marianna!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

    “I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

  2. #132
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    98

    Re: 1/3 Premiere: The Bachelor 15

    Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher;4139881;
    Thank you for answering my question.
    Now IF my guess is right, that Michelle causes drama in the house, then I think she will self-destruct. With a "good attitude," she seems like she could go far. As the oldest contestant still around after Episode 1, I expect her to act it. But, as we saw with Jake, he fell into junior high scuffling with Vienna, and I put more onus on him to have "been above it." What is it about early 30s people, getting caught up in antics with 20-somethings? I know that I look too deep, but I kind of hope that contestants with children would act more mature and set an example (think Valishia on Jake's season), because if you mess up, I can only imagine the taunts the kids will get at school after the show airs. Nobody will be teasing Valishia's kids, or Ella's son, but Rozlyn has an 8-year old or so, and he probably never hears the end of it. Speaking of maturity, I think that that played a HUGE part in young Corrie making it all the way to F5.

  3. #133
    FORT Newbie yorkiemom25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1

    Re: 1/3 Premiere: The Bachelor 15

    Quote Originally Posted by cbquarterback;4138681;
    KBryant, isn't Chris Lambton dating Peyton? Former Bach/ette contestants go in and out of relationships, and I'm admittedly not the most on-top of these, but my understanding is that Chris was dating Peyton. I can't even remember with Bach Pad woman Jesse Beck was dating. I've also heard that these women were auditioning, thinking Chris was going to be the next Bach. It's funny too, during Ali's season, women dubbed Chris as "wow, he's my dream guy," or "he does nothing for me." If you're a woman, it seems like you either adamantly would, or wouldn't, date Chris L. As a man, let me say that (for completely different reasons than women on Chris L) Chantal O will become a "really love her, or really dislike her" contestant. I'm not too fond of her so far, but I'll give her and all contestants a chance.
    Yes he definitely is dating Peyton. They spent weeks together in December in Tx , Dennis and Tenn. I even saw her on a telethon in Mass with him.

  4. #134
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,353

    Re: 1/3 Premiere: The Bachelor 15

    Quote Originally Posted by cbquarterback;4139916;
    Now IF my guess is right, that Michelle causes drama in the house, then I think she will self-destruct. With a "good attitude," she seems like she could go far. As the oldest contestant still around after Episode 1, I expect her to act it. But, as we saw with Jake, he fell into junior high scuffling with Vienna, and I put more onus on him to have "been above it." What is it about early 30s people, getting caught up in antics with 20-somethings? I know that I look too deep, but I kind of hope that contestants with children would act more mature and set an example (think Valishia on Jake's season), because if you mess up, I can only imagine the taunts the kids will get at school after the show airs. Nobody will be teasing Valishia's kids, or Ella's son, but Rozlyn has an 8-year old or so, and he probably never hears the end of it. Speaking of maturity, I think that that played a HUGE part in young Corrie making it all the way to F5.
    When Jake was on the show, he seemed sensitive. But, when Jake and Vienna did their breakup interview with Chris Harrison, Jake yelled at Vienna, and told her to stop interrupting him. I don't think Jake was looking for love. I think his goal was to be on TV, since he did DWTS right after the Bachelor. Just because someone is older, doesn't necessarily mean that they're wiser. Also, the first episode of this season is supposed to be rebroadcast. If it is, I will tape it so that I can keep better track of the contestants, their stories, and their attitudes. Some of the women are very easy to remember, such as the vampire girl... but others, such as Michelle, didn't really standout. Last season, the first show of the season was rebroadcast.

  5. #135
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    98

    Re: 1/3 Premiere: The Bachelor 15

    Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher;4140012;
    When Jake was on the show, he seemed sensitive. But, when Jake and Vienna did their breakup interview with Chris Harrison, Jake yelled at Vienna, and told her to stop interrupting him. I don't think Jake was looking for love. I think his goal was to be on TV, since he did DWTS right after the Bachelor. Just because someone is older, doesn't necessarily mean that they're wiser. Also, the first episode of this season is supposed to be rebroadcast. If it is, I will tape it so that I can keep better track of the contestants, their stories, and their attitudes. Some of the women are very easy to remember, such as the vampire girl... but others, such as Michelle, didn't really standout. Last season, the first show of the season was rebroadcast.
    I don't know which time zone you live in, but I believe that it rebroadcasts at 9pm on Saturday. Someone at my office watches it with her husband, but didn't watch the first episode. Frankly, I don't think we get much useful stuff until one hour in, and still, that 45 minutes of time where we get to see 30 women until the rose ceremony. Sometimes, missing the FIRST episode does surprisingly little damage. And, I still can't believe how much of a fool Jake made of himself on the breakup interview. I really wanted it to work for he and Vienna, and they both made each other look bad.

  6. #136
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,353

    Re: 1/3 Premiere: The Bachelor 15

    Quote Originally Posted by cbquarterback;4140021;
    I don't know which time zone you live in, but I believe that it rebroadcasts at 9pm on Saturday. Someone at my office watches it with her husband, but didn't watch the first episode. Frankly, I don't think we get much useful stuff until one hour in, and still, that 45 minutes of time where we get to see 30 women until the rose ceremony. Sometimes, missing the FIRST episode does surprisingly little damage. And, I still can't believe how much of a fool Jake made of himself on the breakup interview. I really wanted it to work for he and Vienna, and they both made each other look bad.
    I checked the TV schedule where I live: the first episode is scheduled to be rebroadcast at 9 pm on Saturday. Even though I missed the first few episodes of Jake's season, I don't think I missed much... but I plan on taping the first episode of this season anyway. What was interesting about the Jake/Vienna breakup interview was that I think I finally found out what the real Jake is like. I think the producers carefully edit the show to present an idealized version of the bachelor/bachelorette.

  7. #137
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    98

    Re: 1/3 Premiere: The Bachelor 15

    Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher;4140063;
    I checked the TV schedule where I live: the first episode is scheduled to be rebroadcast at 9 pm on Saturday. Even though I missed the first few episodes of Jake's season, I don't think I missed much... but I plan on taping the first episode of this season anyway. What was interesting about the Jake/Vienna breakup interview was that I think I finally found out what the real Jake is like. I think the producers carefully edit the show to present an idealized version of the bachelor/bachelorette.
    Who'd have thunk that the "coming up this season" at the end of Jake's Episode #1, would be a harbinger of what we were going to see? For those who don't know the story, when he kicked the lantern and stormed out of the cabin, the word is he wanted to eliminate both Ella AND Kathryn on that two-on-one date, and was told he had to keep one of them. Next, you could kind of see flashes of his anger when he got pouty with his mother, when she was questioning him about Vienna. On DWTS, he's seen angrily growling, "I can't" to Chelsie. I think his being the "middle child" had a cumulative effect on him; some are more grumbling about it, but some remain bitter into adulthood as to how they as middle children got slighted. Anyway, for the Brad pilot on Saturday, the limo with the girls don't even pull up until 60 minutes in! We get to see about 20 minutes (think the 30 to 60 minute marks) of Jenni and Deanna letting off their skepticism about Brad finding true love this time. If you're a Deanna non-fan, brace yourself to roll your eyes. I myself got a lot of names confused, because we had 30 women instead of 25, and now we have 20 remaining instead of 15! [emoticon-laughing] I'd say Episode 3 is where his frontrunners start to pull ahead of the pack.

  8. #138
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    98

    Re: 1/3 Premiere: The Bachelor 15

    One regret that I have, is Jake's season is the first that I watched beginning to end. If I could, I'd have watched Jesse Palmer's, Brad's, Deanna's, Jason Mesnick's, and Jillian's all-out too. For those who've been watching for years, there's usually a date where a single mother goes to Seaworld with The Bach, and her child shows up. Has she ever NOT been given the rose? I mean, you can't (and shouldn't) pull the rug out from her right after meeting her child. On the other hand, my gripe is that it makes it SO predictable. In fact, until the Ella/Kathryn fiasco, Jake seemed to ALWAYS give a rose to the women on one-on-ones. If the contestants earn it, they deserve the rose. But, I get the sense that Brad will make sure the ladies earn the roses. Darned if you do, darned if you don't: we all saw Ali and Hunter lack the "spark," and I think she made the right move. But, she was inevitably called some not-so-nice names by the audience. I think that I'm just "predicting the obvious," but I take it either Emily or Michelle will get a Seaworld date with Jake, and her child shows up.

  9. #139
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,353

    Re: 1/3 Premiere: The Bachelor 15

    Quote Originally Posted by cbquarterback;4140075;
    Who'd have thunk that the "coming up this season" at the end of Jake's Episode #1, would be a harbinger of what we were going to see? For those who don't know the story, when he kicked the lantern and stormed out of the cabin, the word is he wanted to eliminate both Ella AND Kathryn on that two-on-one date, and was told he had to keep one of them. Next, you could kind of see flashes of his anger when he got pouty with his mother, when she was questioning him about Vienna. On DWTS, he's seen angrily growling, "I can't" to Chelsie. I think his being the "middle child" had a cumulative effect on him; some are more grumbling about it, but some remain bitter into adulthood as to how they as middle children got slighted. Anyway, for the Brad pilot on Saturday, the limo with the girls don't even pull up until 60 minutes in! We get to see about 20 minutes (think the 30 to 60 minute marks) of Jenni and Deanna letting off their skepticism about Brad finding true love this time. If you're a Deanna non-fan, brace yourself to roll your eyes. I myself got a lot of names confused, because we had 30 women instead of 25, and now we have 20 remaining instead of 15! [emoticon-laughing] I'd say Episode 3 is where his frontrunners start to pull ahead of the pack.
    I missed the episode where Jake kicked the lantern. I didn't really notice his anger when he was talking to his mother. But that breakup interview: that's the real Jake! I'm not a fan of DeAnna. I saw what she was like when she went on a two-on-one date with Brad. I thought DeAnna was mean to the other woman. DeAnna also took over on that date, and did what she could to have Brad all to herself... the other woman on the date didn't have a chance with Brad, since DeAnna was so competitive and dominant.

  10. #140
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    98

    Re: 1/3 Premiere: The Bachelor 15

    Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher;4140087;
    I missed the episode where Jake kicked the lantern. I didn't really notice his anger when he was talking to his mother. But that breakup interview: that's the real Jake! I'm not a fan of DeAnna. I saw what she was like when she went on a two-on-one date with Brad. I thought DeAnna was mean to the other woman. DeAnna also took over on that date, and did what she could to have Brad all to herself... the other woman on the date didn't have a chance with Brad, since DeAnna was so competitive and dominant.
    You're preaching to the choir, and a pretty large one. Deanna's pretty and probably a great woman at heart. But, my take is, "if she's my brother's wife, my friend's wife, my cousin's wife, that's great, just as long as she's not my wife." She comes across as too aggressive to me. That dominant side really came out on the Last Chance Date with Brad, and that was it for him. I wasn't a fan of when she got upset just because the guys were having fun together at the bbq. That's like Brad taking the girls to a water polo pool group date, they have fun, and don't pay attention to him, and he gets mad! I'd refer you to Youtubes for the lantern scene (it was never shown per se in an episode, but you know at the end of each, where they show "coming up later this season?" That's where it was), or where Jake's Mom asks him, "are you feeling defensive," but most of those have violated copyright laws and have been taken off.[emoticon: thumbs-down]

Closed Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.