Closed Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 1/3 Premiere: The Bachelor 15

FORT Regular

Re: 1/3 Premiere: The Bachelor 15

Quote Originally Posted by kbryant;4138141;
    I noticed that the ages weren't there too. Normally they are there. Weird!
    KBryant, isn't Chris Lambton dating Peyton? Former Bach/ette contestants go in and out of relationships, and I'm admittedly not the most on-top of these, but my understanding is that Chris was dating Peyton. I can't even remember with Bach Pad woman Jesse Beck was dating. I've also heard that these women were auditioning, thinking Chris was going to be the next Bach. It's funny too, during Ali's season, women dubbed Chris as "wow, he's my dream guy," or "he does nothing for me." If you're a woman, it seems like you either adamantly would, or wouldn't, date Chris L. As a man, let me say that (for completely different reasons than women on Chris L) Chantal O will become a "really love her, or really dislike her" contestant. I'm not too fond of her so far, but I'll give her and all contestants a chance.

FORT Newbie

cbquarterback, I read an article that said that Chris L. was dating a blonde haired woman from Texas (which fits Peyton), and I have also heard whisperings that it was Peyton, so I'm guessing they are probably dating. Also, they tweet each other quite often. During Bachelor Pad, Jesse Beck was involved with Natalie Getz first, and then Peyton. Not sure who he is dating now. Most of the nation thought that Chris L. was going to be the next Bachelor, so I think its safe to assume that the women thought the same while auditioning for the show.

You are very right about the "wow, he's my dream guy" or "he does nothing for me" with Chris L. People were either very hot or cold about him. For me, I was on the very hot end of the spectrum! haha. But, I guess we all have different tastes and that's what makes the world go round. I agree that Chantal O will be a controversial character and people will either love her or dislike her.

I could only watch parts of the show because most of it sounded so freakin' scripted. (I totally skipped the contrived claptrap with Jenni and Deanna, since that reeked of being about 99 percent manufactured. Anyway, everyone moved on long ago, and suddenly all the hurt and anger is back? Really? Sorry, not interested.)

So the theme seems to be that Brad suddenly feels contrite and ashamed, feels like he was just "scared" and that's why he didn't pick anyone in his first season?

Sure. Uh-huh.

TPTB must think we're morons.

Well, I wanted to throw up when Brad kept apologizing, kicking himself, etc. But then, realizing that Brad was undoubtedly getting paid big bucks and garnering more publicity (for his bar(s)?) in exchange for acting all contrite and sorry and "oh I was such a scumbag", I just shrugged and hit the FF on my VCR each time he started the phony self-flagellation. Wow. Doing that, my total viewing time was, like, 25 minutes.

So I mainly caught the parts where the girls got out of their limos and spent the evening with Brad.

I loved Michelle's dress. I liked young Ashley, she seemed so nice. Emily seemed nice as well.

However, even though we don't know what really happened with Renee thanks to the editing (like, did Brad actually spend 10-15 minutes with her and we just didn't see it?), I thought it was horribly rude for Brad to keep allowing other girls to "steal" him away from her.

I don't care what Brad or the contestants may have been prodded to do. The thing is, Brad asked the ladies to all give him a chance, and kept indicating that he didn't want to hurt anyone, etc., but then it looked like he just shut Renee right out when she was clearly trying to get some time with him.

So much for "gentlemanliness" and sincerity. Whatever.

And is it my imagination, or are a lot of this crop of contestants actresses, actor-wannabes, or women who have some sort of connection to the biz (be it talk show or whatever)?

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4138499;
    And two, that chick who slapped him and later said "don't make me hit you again" should be charged with assault. Would anyone find it amusing or entertaining if a man had slapped a woman the same way? I find this to be a particularly repugnant double standard.
    I am equally as disgusted as you on this one. The double standard sickens me. Where's the same outcry that was given when Snookie (or whomever it was) got slapped or punched in the face by some guy on Jersey Shore? Everybody's panties were in a twist over the incident. But for some reason when a woman smacks a man on television or otherwise, it's considered a big score for all women-kind, or worse yet, entertainment? A host on one of those cheesy entertainment shows earlier this evening had the nerve to comment that Brad is lucky all she gave him was a slap. How is this ok? And scripted or otherwise, it was in bad taste. Honestly, what DO women want? One minute we want a guy to be honest with us, but then when he is honest as Brad was--refusing to ride off into the sunset in a fairytale when he wasn't ready--we're hating on him like he's the world's biggest scumbag. Come on...can we make up our minds already?? No wonder men are confused. Geesh!
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 01-04-2011 at 10:51 PM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

> each season has their "he's going to regret elminating her so early." From Jake's season, I think that he should regret not giving fellow pilot Sheila more of a look (she deserved at least one rose to prove herself right or not for Jake), and I know that I'm going to hammer how Brad should've given Lauren more of a chance. I was surprised at her dubbing herself down the road as a "great wife and great mother," but you know what, I happen to believe that she'll be both!

I think they should give the Bachelor one return card to play where he has the option to ask back one girl once a season but if he does, he has to send two girls home that week! This season would have been perfect for that because it's all about second chances. It would be easy to market because the show could end with the cliffhanger... and everybody has to wait to the next week to see who is back. Then you get the reaction of all the girls... and the curiosity of the viewers to see if things get better for her and the bachelor.

> I read that last night was the second lowest premiere ever for the series.

Brad isn't a bucket full of entertainment even when he isn't killing two birds with one stone. He doesn't have a sense of humor that so many women like and list on their top three must-haves in a man. I'm not saying he's sour but he is very serious. He just seems numb, which isn't necessarily his fault given his past relationship with his dad. It's actually quite common with people who were emotionally abandoned in their youth.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;4139058;
    > each season has their "he's going to regret elminating her so early." From Jake's season, I think that he should regret not giving fellow pilot Sheila more of a look (she deserved at least one rose to prove herself right or not for Jake), and I know that I'm going to hammer how Brad should've given Lauren more of a chance. I was surprised at her dubbing herself down the road as a "great wife and great mother," but you know what, I happen to believe that she'll be both!

I think they should give the Bachelor one return card to play where he has the option to ask back one girl once a season but if he does, he has to send two girls home that week! This season would have been perfect for that because it's all about second chances. It would be easy to market because the show could end with the cliffhanger... and everybody has to wait to the next week to see who is back. Then you get the reaction of all the girls... and the curiosity of the viewers to see if things get better for her and the bachelor.
    Darned if you do, darned if you don't. I completely see the logic in "being able to bring somebody back." Thing is, that gives her a second chance to get shot down by The Bach. On one hand, you can say the Bach was more sure this time, but on the other hand, getting shot down twice has to be even more painful. I'm really on the fence about that, and can go either way.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by kbryant;4138841;
    cbquarterback, I read an article that said that Chris L. was dating a blonde haired woman from Texas (which fits Peyton), and I have also heard whisperings that it was Peyton, so I'm guessing they are probably dating. Also, they tweet each other quite often. During Bachelor Pad, Jesse Beck was involved with Natalie Getz first, and then Peyton. Not sure who he is dating now. Most of the nation thought that Chris L. was going to be the next Bachelor, so I think its safe to assume that the women thought the same while auditioning for the show.

You are very right about the "wow, he's my dream guy" or "he does nothing for me" with Chris L. People were either very hot or cold about him. For me, I was on the very hot end of the spectrum! haha. But, I guess we all have different tastes and that's what makes the world go round. I agree that Chantal O will be a controversial character and people will either love her or dislike her.
    I think Ali was also, for the men, "wow, what a babe" to "what a bleep," or "she looks like a farm animal." But, that's still different from how Chris L polarizes the womens' thoughts. He's tall and fit, yet maybe he doesn't have the male version of "spunk?" Roberto's pretty down to Earth, but I know some found Chris to be a little boring. Guess that's why they say, "it's a good thing that we don't ALL like the same kinds of women/men!" Keep in mind, I thought Corrie and Kathryn were the "cutest women in the world!"

FORT Newbie

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MADE

Chris Harrison's: Buy a thesaurus, find new words and finally stop using "most shocking, most dramatic, most controversial" to describe the show.

DeAnna Pappas': Try to get paid work which does not involve visiting exes on their new show.

The cameraman's: Stop sneaking into the shower while the Bach is soaping his chest.

MOST IRONIC LINE

"I hate dating games", says Chantal, on her first night as a one of 30 contestants on a dating show.

SADDEST STORY

Is it Emily's deceased race car driver boyfriend?

Ashley S who lost her dad to a brain hemorrhage?

Or Brad's wrist hair which never grew back?

BEST TOP VS BOTTOM

Alli tells Brad all about her big derriere (while Brad can't take his eyes off another sizeable part of her anatomy).

BEST EUPHEMISM

Raichel the 'manscaper' tells Brad she specializes in waxing men's "undercarriages" (while Brad winces at the very thought).

BEST DOUBLE ENTENDRE

Ashley the dentist claims to be somewhat of a mouth artist.

(Brad's undercarriage perks right up at the thought).

MOST VIOLENCE

Chantal slaps Brad on the cheek.

Raichel rips the hair off Brad's wrist.

Madison wants to bite Brad's neck.

WORST ATTEMPT AT DANCING

Ashley channels her inner Jake Pavelka as she prances around in underwear and socks.

Keltie the Rockette kicks her legs really high and knocks Chris Harrison's wineglass and butter knife right out of his hand. (Hence, no clinking all night).

WORST ATTEMPT AT SINGING

Jackie, who attended the Kasey Kahl school of lyrics, sings Brad a little ditty. Chihuahuas all over Mexico join in the chorus.

SOME EMBALMING EVENING

Shawntel the funeral director fantasizes about burying Brad and his family.

JEEPERS, LEAPERS

Brad follows the script, telling us he's about to take a leap of faith while waitress Melissa literally leaps into his arms.

SHOO-IN OR SHOOED OUT?

Is it Meghan with the gigantic red platform heels or Lisa with Dorothy's ruby slippers?

EX-ORCISM

Chantal was in a relationship for 10 years and only recently got divorced. Will she break the Bach record (currently held by Tenley) for most mentions of an ex-husband?

SHORTEST NAME

"J". Only her stay on The Bachelor was shorter than her name.

BEST DEJA VU

Channeling another Michelle (crazy Michelle Kujawa from Jake's season), Michelle Money gets all intense about having to have the first impression rose.

MOST REPEATED THEME

In a voiceover segment and with cameos from his family, Brad tells us all about how his therapy has changed him.

Then he tells DeAnna and Jenni how his experience with them was a catalyst for change in his life.

Next, he tells most of the women during the Meet and Greet, how he's changed his ways.

Following this, he tells Chris Harrison he's a changed man.

Finally, during the cocktail party, he makes a speech about how the changes mean that this time, he's ready for love.

BEST GIRL INTERRUPTED MOMENTS

Renee and Alli get in a competition over time alone with Brad, with each one interrupting the other after a few seconds while Brad does his best Jack-in-the-box impression.

ON THE FIRST SEASON EPISODE, MIKE FLEISS GAVE TO ME....

Three years of therapy, two single moms, and a Womack down on one knee.

FORT Fan

Marianna gets a huge

Nice sort of recap Marianne
    You get a very good impression about what is going on
    Why can't love be simple?
    Because it's the Bachelor(ette)

Closed Thread