Closed Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 1/3 Premiere: The Bachelor 15

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: 1/3 Premiere: The Bachelor 15

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4138499;
    And two, that chick who slapped him and later said "don't make me hit you again" should be charged with assault. Would anyone find it amusing or entertaining if a man had slapped a woman the same way? I find this to be a particularly repugnant double standard.
    I thought the slap was over the top too. Absolutely no need for it, though the producers probably put her up to it. I was really turned off from her when she did that. And then we see her crying in that preview. Looks like a drama queen to me!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;4138532;
    I thought the slap was over the top too. Absolutely no need for it, though the producers probably put her up to it. I was really turned off from her when she did that. And then we see her crying in that preview. Looks like a drama queen to me!!
    I agree that the slap was unnecessary, and a turn-off. Guess we're left to conjecture as to whether it was staged, although Brad didn't look to be in real pain, and he even said, "I like you more already." What I'm surprised hasn't gotten a lot of words is what Ashley S did when she and Brad initially greeted each other out of the limo. I wasn't offended personally, and was able to laugh about it, but had one of the male contestants done the same thing to Ali in that respective situation, it likely wouldn't have been tolerated.

FORT Fan

A couple of my best friends worked for Rocket Science Laboratories that produced the Joe Millionaire episodes and all I can say is the level of editing and manipulation involved in these reality shows would make your heads spin.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Deutscher;4138630;
    A couple of my best friends worked for Rocket Science Laboratories that produced the Joe Millionaire episodes and all I can say is the level of editing and manipulation involved in these reality shows would make your heads spin.
    I can't even begin to count the number of ways I was swayed and fooled in previews during Jake's season. It got to the point where I'd look AWAY from where they were leading us. Different kind of editing, but for weeks and weeks, I was dying to find out why Jake kicked the lantern and stormed out of the cabin. What I'm dying to find out this time, is when Brad told one woman, "For the first time, I'm starting to get upset."

FORT Fan

The editing isn't as bad as it was eight years ago in the beginning of reality television. My friends in editing used to take two words from one interview and splice them with words from different interviews to "make" sentences that contestants NEVER said for the purpose of creating drama.

Did anyone else notice the way Brad gushed over how terrific Jenny looked but not so much with Deanna? I thought that was hilarious and I don't think Deanna liked it much...
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4138646;
    Did anyone else notice the way Brad gushed over how terrific Jenny looked but not so much with Deanna? I thought that was hilarious and I don't think Deanna liked it much...
    That IS funny! No wonder Deanna was so salty. Deanna comes across as the type who "picks up the insults a little quicker than most." By the way, I've long thought that Brad looks like Bret Favre, and I agree with the poster earlier who likened Jenni to a young Erin Gray (Kate from Silver Spoons).

FORT Regular

It's an ongoing debate as to whether Jessie from Jake's season was a "mole," but (probably thanks to the editing) she sure seemed like one. We barely saw much of her, and she kept getting roses. Her speech to Jake RIGHT before his two-for-one rose ceremony elimination, she spent her premium alone time with him just putting down Vienna. Some thought that one of the Johns on Ali's season was a mole. I wonder if next week, or the week after, we can start to zero in on Brad's likely mole. Look for a quiet woman, who we don't see much of, doesn't come on too strong with Brad, but gets at least three roses.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy;4138171;
    I'm liking Ashley S and Emily, but Ashley seems more genuine. I only watched the last few episodes of Brad's first season, but I did give him credit for not being forced to choose someone just to please the producers. I do hope he does find real love this time.

BTW, is it me, or were there a lot of blondes this season?
    That's funny, as I was watching I told my mom I thought there were more brunettes and dark haired women than usual this season! But by the time the rose ceremony was over, I think the ratio of blondes to brunettes was pretty even.

For me, the absolute BEST part of the premiere show was watching Brad with his nieces and nephews. I think that there was the REAL Brad Womack. The producers should show more of that side of him and the girls need to see that side of him, too.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by jewels2312;4138651;
    That's funny, as I was watching I told my mom I thought there were more brunettes and dark haired women than usual this season! But by the time the rose ceremony was over, I think the ratio of blondes to brunettes was pretty even.

For me, the absolute BEST part of the premiere show was watching Brad with his nieces and nephews. I think that there was the REAL Brad Womack. The producers should show more of that side of him and the girls need to see that side of him, too.
    I think that shows how Brad is ready to settle down and start a family. I believe that Brad would make a great father. He seems gentle and fatherly enough, and the kids would enjoy playing with him. But, as he's already shown on The Bachelor, he knows how to assert himself and "lay down the law" when necessary, getting his message across, without being too intimidating. Now, let's all hope that Brad can find the right woman to share the gift of family life with him!

Closed Thread