Closed Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 1/3 Premiere: The Bachelor 15

FORT Regular

Re: 1/3 Premiere: The Bachelor 15

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4138366;
    It just ruins the credibility of the show (OK, I know the show has limited credibility anyway) for the producers to tell the lead he has to keep some loony over someone nice and sincere who might have good wife potential, if finding a wife is the stated goal of the whole thing ... especially in Brad's case. Michele from Jake's season, Princess Erica, and others whose names I can't recall from other seasons were obviously drama queens in need of intensive therapy, but this is the first time I can recall when someone was so visibly inappropriate and downright creepy, yet kept on for drama or laughs. If those fangs are prosthetics (or whatever you call phony fangs), I wonder if she's going to wear them all the time until she's eliminated ... which I hope is soon.
    It's too easy for me to "armchair coach," but that's what The Bach signs up for. That being said, each season has their "he's going to regret elminating her so early." From Jake's season, I think that he should regret not giving fellow pilot Sheila more of a look (she deserved at least one rose to prove herself right or not for Jake), and I know that I'm going to hammer how Brad should've given Lauren more of a chance. I was surprised at her dubbing herself down the road as a "great wife and great mother," but you know what, I happen to believe that she'll be both!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4138366;
    It just ruins the credibility of the show (OK, I know the show has limited credibility anyway) for the producers to tell the lead he has to keep some loony over someone nice and sincere who might have good wife potential, if finding a wife is the stated goal of the whole thing ... especially in Brad's case. Michele from Jake's season, Princess Erica, and others whose names I can't recall from other seasons were obviously drama queens in need of intensive therapy, but this is the first time I can recall when someone was so visibly inappropriate and downright creepy, yet kept on for drama or laughs. If those fangs are prosthetics (or whatever you call phony fangs), I wonder if she's going to wear them all the time until she's eliminated ... which I hope is soon.
    Sure, TPTB tell the Bachelors to keep certain girls for the drama, but in reality, out of a group of 30, the bachelor is probably only really attracted to about 10-12 or even less. Therefore, the other 10 or so women don't really have a chance and it doesn't matter who is picked. It makes for better TV if loonies, drama queens, freaks stay a little longer.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MissMilano;4138385;
    Sure, TPTB tell the Bachelors to keep certain girls for the drama, but in reality, out of a group of 30, the bachelor is probably only really attracted to about 10-12 or even less. Therefore, the other 10 or so women don't really have a chance and it doesn't matter who is picked. It makes for better TV if loonies, drama queens, freaks stay a little longer.
    True, that The Bach probably has his heart set on about 5-6 with 2-3 more on the outskirts, and in reality about 10 last a few roses even though they're ultimately "time filler." But, it's not a total loss for them, as they get to go on some fancy dates. And, even if she doesn't wind up being his F1, getting more roses is a self-esteem boost for the women, which is never a bad thing. Last year, I thought Jake was a great "person reader," because he finally said "enough is enough" with Michelle, and he read "Don't kiss me Elizabeth" well, and quickly sent her packing. I hope Brad gets a couple of drama freaks out by the third episode, if not next.

I read that last night was the second lowest premiere ever for the series. Anyone know who was the lowest premiere?

FORT Fanatic

What a wuss Brad is. That whole lead up where he was crying about his 'problems' from his decision made me sick. People really went up to this guy and harassed him? Personally, any woman in America who gave this guy crap for his decision should be put down, but thats just my opinion. Its a stupid TV dating show that has had what, maybe a 5% success rate through 20 seasons? Did anyone cut this guy some slack for maybe coming to the conclusion that he didnt love that women he was seeing and instead of leading them further on, dumped them?

I dont know Brad, why dont you go out and date like normal people do instead of going back on this show to meet someone you will eventually publicly break up from in US Weekly a year down the road.

The 2 women he dumped were equally pathetic. You knew a guy for what, 8 weeks, fell in love with him while he was falling in love with someone besides you. Honestly, how long do you need to get over that? If they wernt such attention whores they should have just told ABC they have moved on with their lives and not come back for that awkward reunion at the begining. (although I read Deanna has a new show coming out about her wedding so maybe she had to come)

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thetinydancer;4138489;
    I read that last night was the second lowest premiere ever for the series. Anyone know who was the lowest premiere?
    Yes, tell us!

Just watched the show and have only two strong opinions at this point. One, Brad does not owe anyone an apology and only the two women involved an explanation as to why he didn't pick them to be his bride. He needs to grow some cojones and tell the world to mind their own damn business. And two, that chick who slapped him and later said "don't make me hit you again" should be charged with assault. Would anyone find it amusing or entertaining if a man had slapped a woman the same way? I find this to be a particularly repugnant double standard.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22;4138494;
    What a wuss Brad is. That whole lead up where he was crying about his 'problems' from his decision made me sick. People really went up to this guy and harassed him? Personally, any woman in America who gave this guy crap for his decision should be put down, but thats just my opinion. Its a stupid TV dating show that has had what, maybe a 5% success rate through 20 seasons? Did anyone cut this guy some slack for maybe coming to the conclusion that he didnt love that women he was seeing and instead of leading them further on, dumped them?

I dont know Brad, why dont you go out and date like normal people do instead of going back on this show to meet someone you will eventually publicly break up from in US Weekly a year down the road.

The 2 women he dumped were equally pathetic. You knew a guy for what, 8 weeks, fell in love with him while he was falling in love with someone besides you. Honestly, how long do you need to get over that? If they wernt such attention whores they should have just told ABC they have moved on with their lives and not come back for that awkward reunion at the begining. (although I read Deanna has a new show coming out about her wedding so maybe she had to come)
    Easy for me to say, but I just didn't like the way Deanna still appeared to be bitter. I mean, she found her fiance who's obviously right for her, so isn't it time to forgive Brad? I think this shows why Deanna can be hard to match, because it's clear that she has a hard time forgiving people, and her new husband will have to deal with that.

FORT Regular

I'm curious, who else here also really likes Lindsay, the teacher and pretty redhead? I think that she's very pretty, classy, and sweet. I think that she's a great catch. During Jake's season, I took a real liking to Kathryn and Corrie. I tend to like the more shy demure types!

Well, I never watched Brad's first season, but I did read the boards, EW, etc.
    I actually had a lot of respet for him in not picking anyone. And, it's certainly easy to see why anyone would run from DeAnna.

I guess in order to be on the show again, he had to go the route of self incrimination. This is Fleiss's show, after all.
    As far as that slapping by the the first bimbette, I have to agree with Rattus. Neither women nor men should do that. It does come across as a bad double standard, IMO.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Closed Thread