Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Second chance Brad

Re: Second chance Brad

I may be in the minority here but I didn't have any problem whatsoever with Brad not picking anyone during his season. I actually applaud him for having the guts to say he didn't like anyone enough to even pretend to.
    If I were Jenni or Deanna I'd have been grateful for an honest man who didn't lead me on, only to dump me later.
    Maybe he did have commitment issues, maybe he had things he needed help (therapy) for. Who doesn't??

I think I'm tired of ABC and everyone else making him grovel because he was too decent to deceive some girl, just for ratings.
    Instead of making him a villian, these girls (past and present) should see him for being honest and being true to his values. That's a good thing, not something to apologize for.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4139075;
    I may be in the minority here but I didn't have any problem whatsoever with Brad not picking anyone during his season. I actually applaud him for having the guts to say he didn't like anyone enough to even pretend to.
    If I were Jenni or Deanna I'd have been grateful for an honest man who didn't lead me on, only to dump me later.
    Maybe he did have commitment issues, maybe he had things he needed help (therapy) for. Who doesn't??

I think I'm tired of ABC and everyone else making him grovel because he was too decent to deceive some girl, just for ratings.
    Instead of making him a villian, these girls (past and present) should see him for being honest and being true to his values. That's a good thing, not something to apologize for.
    I totally agree. I mean the only thing he did was break up with the final girl(s) sooner rather than later...didn't that Travis Stork guy pick that lame teacher chic even though we knew he didn't like her and then broke up with her soon after the show. Didn't Jenn Sheft also pick noone. Didn't that Alex guy break up with Amanda soon after too...it didn't seem like he was that into her either...and same with Bob Guinney. I mean just because someone throws 25 girls at you doesn't mean you're gonna fall in love with any of them. I mean I do understand maybe he was being a little picky but I don't blame him. I mean DeAnna...she isn't that great, pretty face but her personality wasn't so great. I liked Jenni but maybe Brad found her whiney after awhile. People said why didn't he at least date DeAnna in the real world and try things out well maybe he already realized he wasn't going to like her more or fall in love with her. Anyway it looks like he might have some better prospects this season..there are a few girls who have the combination of the looks, personality and confidence that Brad might fall for.

FORT Fogey

All that said, we are given the premise that he is a "changed" man who now understands his "issues" and apparently has overcome some of them. His demeanor seems different and he is not as "stiff" as he was on his first season.

Whether the ladies are of a different "breed" or not, it is what he sees through his eyes and what he allows "in" which is going to make this season or break it.

Still, every once in a while, I see the "deer in the headlights" look.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4139075;

Having been strung along by an ex-boyfriend who also had "issues" before he finally dumped me, I think that J & D should stop whining and get a life. Yeah, it was hard at the time, but I am so glad that man didn't marry me. Cutting me loose allowed me to find a much better guy, whereas if I had married my former BF, I almost certainly would have ended up in divorce court. I wonder how in the world the husband/fiancee of J & D feel to hear them going on about how bitter they still are? That would send up red flags to me.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT sun

I'd like to see a more mature changed Brad choose Emily. It would finally be a BIG love story. That would be front page news. The sweetheart with a little girl and the big brave bachelor. Isn't he tired of being attracted to a Deanna type?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by eclark;4140211;
    I'd like to see a more mature changed Brad choose Emily. It would finally be a BIG love story. That would be front page news. The sweetheart with a little girl and the big brave bachelor. Isn't he tired of being attracted to a Deanna type?
    I myself would like to see him try to start a relationship with Ashley S, Lindsay or Britt. Brad seems to be attracted to the Deanna types, but I think he's also very scared to commit to one. A more demure quiet woman like Britt may not grab him, but I think he'd feel that she was much safer to commit to.

I admit that after Brad chose no one at the end of his first season, I was angry and disappointed. Then I realized that not going along with a Fleiss driven ending was really the brave choice since he was not in love with either woman.

I really enjoyed Monday's episode except for the constant apologies. There is something very appealing about Brad. For me, he is a breath of fresh air after that tool Jake. Not only that, but he is genuinely funny and entertaining!

I do agree that he seems less guarded and seems to be speaking up more which is great.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Cailg;4140853;
    I admit that after Brad chose no one at the end of his first season, I was angry and disappointed. Then I realized that not going along with a Fleiss driven ending was really the brave choice since he was not in love with either woman.

I really enjoyed Monday's episode except for the constant apologies. There is something very appealing about Brad. For me, he is a breath of fresh air after that tool Jake. Not only that, but he is genuinely funny and entertaining!

I do agree that he seems less guarded and seems to be speaking up more which is great.
    Speaking of Jake, "Baby," "Don't call me Baby," "BE QUIET, while I'm talking." [emoticon-cyclops]

"PLEASE STOP INTERRUPTING ME." [emoticon-thumbs down]

His family must be mortified.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cbquarterback;4141648;
    Speaking of Jake, "Baby," "Don't call me Baby," "BE QUIET, while I'm talking." [emoticon-cyclops]

"PLEASE STOP INTERRUPTING ME." [emoticon-thumbs down]

His family must be mortified.

Not to mention the rest of us!!

I'm just curious if anyone knows why Brad is admitting that he's happy and in love. Don't tptb usually try to keep that to themselves at least until the final 3, 2?
    Team Channy and Shawny.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast