Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Second chance Brad

FORT Newbie

Re: Second chance Brad

Happy New Year, everyone. In with the new and out with the old, as they say.

But will viewers tuning in to the new season of The Bachelor truly get something new?

With the uniformly sliced and diced tv romance product which drops, season after hackneyed season, from Mike's trusty Fleiss-O-Matic, what possible new twists and turns will those tuning in be treated to?

Or do we really even care?

I mean, isn't all we really want a couple of vilains, a heart-felt backstory or two, a bevy of bathing suit-clad bimbos or himbos and a lovestruck couple who pledges eternity (made convincingly complete with a dazzling diamond) and strolls into the sunset or jumps, fully-clothed into a conveniently nearby pool?

Isn't this what keeps us sighing and crying and trying to convince ourselves that this is real?

Is this why some of us just don't stop believing? Is it because every once in an (albeit frighteningly long) while, a Bach Bubble Couple actually makes it?

It was before my time in the Bach Patch but did Trista and Ryan lead the way down the path of fairytales and pinkness to become the envy of all others to come?

And by all others, I mean all those who didn't merely sign up to worship at the Altar of Fame or dip in the communal vat of "BBF's" (Bach Bodily Fluids), but also to prove that normal coupledom can come from this the most abnormal of ways to meet your life partner.

Is this what we eager viewers do? Live vicariously through these reasonably attractive but otherwise ordinary people elevated to celebrity because (to the sounds of various musical interludes and the backdrop of breathtakingly beautiful scenery) they laugh, cry, kiss, fight, repeat rehearsed lines in voice-overs and do things in hot tubs which surely made their parents avert their eyes from the screen?

Despite the mock-worthy mismatching of Matt and Shayne, despite the chaotic coupling of Jake and Vienna; despite the doomed debut of DeAnna and Jesse, and even despite the scandalous and predictably short-lived success of Jillian and Ed, why oh why does the bachfan faith never seem to waver?

Is it because it seeks succor and sustenance from Trista and Ryan's domestic delight, from Jason and Molly's shaky but ultimately successful start and perhaps (as we hold our collective breaths and hope) from an Aliberto Alliance for always?

Is this is the optimism we crave? While wars are waged in the world and the economy continues to crumble, do we see hope in a future outlined by the undying love of the next Bachelor couple?

Or is it just a an idle distraction on an otherwise tedious Monday night?

Can I answer: "All of the Above"?

FORT Fogey

I'm not sure why I watch this goofy show. Although, I adore Brad Womack and of all the bachelors from all the seasons, he is one the only one I have a major crush on. I will be watching.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Can't wait for this show! Brad is my favourite of all the bachelors.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Newbie

Brad did the right thing the last time around! Although it shocked us, it was the right decision for him, and ultimately the bachelorette's he jilted!

I look forward to this season & I can't wait to see if Brad finds the one this time round! Best of luck to him!

I found Brad to be tedious, but then, I have found nearly everyone who has ever been on this show to be either tedious or repugnant. That aside, I wish him all the luck in the world as I thought that he made the right (and brave) decision the first time around and he certainly did not deserve the torch-wielding villagers he had going after him on-line and in the press.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fan

Brad is as dumb as a doorknob! Good looks - yes, but no personality, no charm, boring to talk to. Wonder why MF/CH picked him! If they wanted to do a "Bachelor: Second Chance", they should have also picked all the bachelorettes from previous shows, and especially the ones who are the most dramatic or repugnant or those craving for another 15 minutes of fame (Vienna, Elizabeth, etc.). Now that would have been one interesting show!
    Last edited by SurferBlonde; 01-04-2011 at 01:13 PM.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde;4138373;
    Brad is as dumb as a doorknob! Good looks - yes, but no personality, no charm, boring to talk to. Wonder why MF/CH picked him! If they wanted to do a "Bachelor: Second Chance", they should have also picked all the bachelorettes from previous shows, and especially the ones who are the most dramatic or repugnant or those craving for another 15 minutes of fame (Vienna, Elizabeth, etc.). Now that would have been one interesting show!
    I didn't find him all that good-looking myself. I guess I like the "tall, dark, and handsome" look better.
    But, I wanted to say that I LOVE your idea that he should have had to pick from previous bachelorettes, allowing them a second chance as well!

I never saw that season, so I can't judge poor Brad. I must say, however, that I think it was very brave of him to admit that he didn't want either woman. I would far rather have a Bachelor do that then pull Jason's stunt of pretending to love one woman and then dumping her as soon as the cameras stop rolling.

I have to say, though, that I'm irritated, too, at seeing him do all this "mea culpa" stuff. Geesh, the guy made the best choice he could, even if it was no choice. Like I said above, I admire him for being honest about it. I think it's a little disgusting the way the public has pilloried him for not living up to their fantasy.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by SurferBlonde;4138373;
    We have the Bachelor Pad (and yes, another one is in the works) to handle that aspect of the Bach Kingdom.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast