+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree231Likes

Thread: News About Past Bach Contestants

Re: News About Past Bach Contestants

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    Nice. I'm happy for them.
    Is this some kind of new thing now? I keep hearing women refer to their pregnancy by weeks rather than months. As in "Iím 34 weeks pregnant today". Who the heck talks that way? Do all of them do that?
    Back in the olden days when I was pregnant we used to say something like I'm about 8 1/2 MONTHS pregnant. We never EVER counted by weeks.
    I always used to count pregnancy weeks and that was a couple of decades ago. It is more meaningful than months because pregnancies are 40 weeks, not 9 months.
    Coco46 and Eliza9999 like this.
    Roz

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

The viability of a pregnancy is also measured in gestational weeks, and complications of a premature birth can be predicted according to how far along the pregnancy is. It's interesting to remember that president Kennedy's infant son (Patrick) died a few days after birth from complications of prematurity, and he was born at ~34 weeks gestation. Back in the early '60's, a baby born 6 weeks early had little hope of surviving, but obviously medicine has made great strides since then. I think a lot of mothers refer to weeks rather than months because it's always noted that way on ultrasounds, etc
    Coco46 and Eliza9999 like this.

More Sad news about a contestant on Jake's season: Lex McCallister

Ex 'Bachelor' Contestant Dead After Apparent Suicide | TMZ.com
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Awwwww .... that's really sad. I didn't remember her at first, but recognized her immediately after watching the TMZ clip from when she first came out of the limo to meet Jake.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Oh how sad. I do wonder if these shows are good for these young women with depression. Maybe the rejection doesn't help. I know Gia mentioned how hurt she felt..
    InsideOut, bamafan and Eliza9999 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Oh how sad. I do wonder if these shows are good for these young women with depression. Maybe the rejection doesn't help. I know Gia mentioned how hurt she felt..
    I agree, FM! I think all of these women must have remarkably thick skin to be on a show like this. I wonder if they have a mindset beforehand that they are simply "contestants" and it's just about winning or losing a game as opposed to meeting a man in hopes of falling in love. I've always known that I personally would be a complete mess on a show like this! Being judged, not only by the Bachelor but by a houseful of competitive women as well, would take a LOT of confidence and inner strength. They must have a very strong self-defense mechanism where they go into this situation as if it's a soccer game or beauty pageant ... "someone has to win, but we're all winners in the end no matter what!" (Or maybe they just consider this an acting gig?) Being rejected in front of the world on national TV would be insanely humiliating (at least for me), and I've often wondered if there are counselors who speak with them before, during or after the taping who can make sure they're OK. I'm sure that being on this show had little or nothing to do with the deaths of these former contestants, but clearly these women were extremely vulnerable and fragile. Suicide is so devastating to the families and friends, and I pray they can somehow find comfort and peace.
    mimi, ilja and Eliza9999 like this.

Gosh, both from Jake's season. I'm afraid I don't remember her but in the clip, she actually comes across as stronger than average. It pains me to know that people ache that much inside.
    mimi, InsideOut, bamafan and 3 others like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut View Post
    I agree, FM! I think all of these women must have remarkably thick skin to be on a show like this. I wonder if they have a mindset beforehand that they are simply "contestants" and it's just about winning or losing a game as opposed to meeting a man in hopes of falling in love. I've always known that I personally would be a complete mess on a show like this! Being judged, not only by the Bachelor but by a houseful of competitive women as well, would take a LOT of confidence and inner strength. They must have a very strong self-defense mechanism where they go into this situation as if it's a soccer game or beauty pageant ... "someone has to win, but we're all winners in the end no matter what!" (Or maybe they just consider this an acting gig?) Being rejected in front of the world on national TV would be insanely humiliating (at least for me), and I've often wondered if there are counselors who speak with them before, during or after the taping who can make sure they're OK. I'm sure that being on this show had little or nothing to do with the deaths of these former contestants, but clearly these women were extremely vulnerable and fragile. Suicide is so devastating to the families and friends, and I pray they can somehow find comfort and peace.
    Seems like I remember they have counselors that are available to them. At least they used to. Who knows what they do now.
    Eliza9999 likes this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by indy1945 View Post
    Seems like I remember they have counselors that are available to them. At least they used to. Who knows what they do now.
    I think they should, especially living in the crazy house..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by indy1945 View Post
    I've read that, the contestants are required to meet with a counsellor before they are allowed to go home. Some have been pretty messed up and had to stay for a few days. Especially toward the end they need to be brought back down to REAL reality. But for someone who already has depression issues, that isn't going to "fix" them.
    mimi and Eliza9999 like this.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

+ Reply to Thread