+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 34344454647484950515253
Like Tree563Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/chris-harrison-blogs-bachelor-episode-4-030117240.html

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' episode 4
    [Yahoo TV]
    Chris Harrison
    TV Host
    Yahoo TVJanuary 22, 2018
    View photos
    Arie finds out Bekah’s age (Photo: ABC)

Welcome back, Bachelor Nation! Our exciting trip around the world with Arie has just begun, and there’s no better place than South Lake Tahoe to get back into the wilderness. As you can see, this week is really when things started to become more serious, and more dramatic. At this point, everyone has spent some quality time with Arie, and as a result the competition for his time, energy, and attention is becoming more fierce.

The first date of the week went to Seinne. She’s kind of been a frontrunner so far, with a group date rose in the second week, and Arie has really talked her up in several of their conversations, noting in particular how smart and together she seems. In some ways, I think Seinne brings up some of Arie’s insecurities. Going into this whole thing after five years, Arie had some legitimate concerns that the women he liked might not like him back. He’s actually quite humble, and his humility is one of the things I think people find surprising about him. It was only fitting that at dinner, Seinne brought up some of her own fears and insecurities and Arie was able to help put some of those to rest. Seinne was a little more skeptical than some of the other women and honestly, I really think that made Arie feel more comfortable. Being the Bachelor is difficult and feeling like someone else is going through all the tough parts with you is something that can really bring people together. At this point, Seinne has really cemented her place at the front of the pack.

The group date this week was hilarious. First and foremost, the pee gag (pun intended) was on of the funniest things I’ve seen on this show. I have to give major props to Jacqueline and Jenna for being willing to go the extra mile for Arie. First of all, the location for this date was really deep in the woods, maybe two hours away from the Hard Rock where Arie was staying. On top of that, the forecast for the day was partly sunny with a low in the 50s, but as soon as Arie, our wilderness experts, and the women got off into the woods, it started snowing. To say that no one was really prepared to spend the entire day wet and in the snow would be an understatement. Feet were frozen and noses went numb. Thankfully, this is The Bachelor, so there was a giant hot tub as the light at the end of the tunnel — and that is exactly where you could really see that as the ladies were defrosting, their claws were coming out.

For the last few weeks, tension has been bubbling mainly between Krystal and the other women. I think they really all have very different perspectives on what is going on. Krystal feels like the other women don’t treat her fairly, and the other women seem to feel that Krystal is not being real with them. Oftentimes, this is where things start going downhill. It’s a bit of a nonstarter when the majority of women feel like someone isn’t being real. That woman will often become even more closed off and then the cycle just perpetuates. At the end of the day, some people just won’t ever get along, and to be honest, when people are all competing for the same person, it’s ok for everyone to not end up as friends. But I can tell you this, things are going to get worse before they get better.

Since the first night, Arie has had pretty strong chemistry with Bekah. M, but from the moment she got out of her vintage car, they had both obviously been avoiding the issue of her age. And once you don’t address something immediately, it gets harder and harder to talk about it — especially if that think it could negatively effect your relationship. Arie is 14 years older than Bekah, and there was some concern he felt about how ready a 22-year-old woman can be for the kind of commitment he wanted. Age definitely doesn’t always dictate maturity levels or what one wants out of life, but it’s not exactly useless information either. Anyway, Arie was, I think avoiding the topic, but once it came out, there was just no way to avoid it anymore. You can tell by how conflicted he was that this is something that is really going to weigh heavily on him as he makes his decisions moving forward. Needless to say, I don’t think Bekah is in danger of going home anytime soon.

After a rough and very long week, Arie knew what decisions he wanted to make, and while this is often really difficult for the women, in the end, most people are happier to know when things are over in the mind of the other person as soon as possible. Obviously Krystal had some things she needed to address and I commend her for following her instincts, but of course she also had to know this would only increase tensions between her and the other women. And next week, all of this is really going to come to a head, in a big way. We will see you on Monday!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The Bachelor: Chris Harrison blogs week 5 | EW.com

Every week, Bachelor host and executive producer Chris Harrison is giving EW his behind-the-scenes take on the latest episode.

Welcome back, Bachelor Nation! We are right in the middle of the season and as you can see we are taking big steps forward, both in terms of romance and in terms of drama. It feels like Arie is on a rollercoaster and has just reached the top. He’s about to go straight down and feel the thrill, but I’m pretty confident there are quite a few loops and twists before he even gets to hometowns in a few weeks. Let’s dive right in and talk about what happened in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Finally, after many weeks of waiting, Chelsea finally got her one-on-one date. She got the first impression rose and immediately got a bit of a target on her back. In addition, Chelsea has a really dry sense of humor and I think she may have started off on the wrong foot with some of the women. However, over the last few weeks, it seems like the other women started to be able to sense when Chelsea was joking and, perhaps as a result of the group focusing their energy on Krystal, Chelsea was no longer the divisive figure she was in the house at first. That doesn’t mean that the women were rooting for her to get a rose, not by a long shot, but after Chelsea finally got the opportunity to really relax, open up about her life, and be herself, and she got the rose easily.

As we know, Arie has a very soft spot for single moms. Chelsea, in my opinion, has a really good heart and is a devoted and loving mother, and Arie is 36 and has been anxious for a long time now to get going on a family. He would be ready to take on that responsibility, and I think Chelsea knows that. It was a great date to start out the week and it ended with a beautiful concert by Tenille Arts. As far as things in Fort Lauderdale go, this really was the calm before the storm.

Ah, yes, the group date. What started off as a fun day at the bowling alley quickly descended into total chaos. There’s always one date that just goes completely off the rails, but I don’t think any of us expected it to be the bowling date. And I don’t think anyone expected it to happen the way it happened. This feels like one of the most dramatic turns I can remember. Without simply recapping it, let’s talk about what may have caused all of this. Krystal has been a polarizing force in the house since her second week disagreement with Bibiana. Last week things started to boil over with Caroline and Tia, but with Caroline gone and Tia on a one-on-one date, I think everyone thought this would all just blow over.

Something about Arie’s inability to give Krystal the affirmation she felt she deserved really threw her over the edge. I can’t say I fully blame her. When you get an early one-on-one and have to wait around it can be very emotionally taxing. Becca K admittedly was having a hard week as well, but the ways that she and Krystal handled it were basically polar opposites. Krystal seemed to feel like Arie didn’t care about her, but perhaps the most perplexing thing about the whole week was that she chose to not spend more time with Arie because she didn’t feel like she wasn’t going to have enough time with Arie? I’m confused. And so was Arie.

From Arie’s perspective, it was a mixed night. On the one hand, he had a great deal of important conversations with many of the women. At the same time, the nagging doubts left by his interactions with Krystal weren’t just making him question Krystal — he felt the most confident about in the early weeks and now he’s not even sure she’s going to get a hometown date. What other decisions has he made along the way that maybe weren’t the best? These questions will continue to haunt him. Meanwhile, Krystal will live to see another day and next week there will be a reckoning and a decision to be made by both of them, one way or the other.

The final date of the week was one I think we’ve all been waiting to see: his date with Tia. Tia has been a fan favorite since the beginning and every week her relationship with Arie has been growing, but we haven’t yet gotten to see how these two people will connect when they have a long period of comfortable and uninterrupted time. I think we were all as surprised as Arie was to hear Tia tell Arie she was falling in love with him, but for some reason, it just felt right. Tia is honest and authentic and I think you could see in Arie’s face how he lit up when she said those words to him. After the disaster that was the group date, Arie really needed to reinvigorate his hope in romance, and this date did exactly that.

Things are going well, but as the group dwindles, the decisions that Arie makes are going to get harder and harder. And no decision so far has been as hard as the decision Arie will have to make next week on what may well be one of the most dramatic two-on-one dates in Bachelor history. I promise you: You will not want to miss this one!

See you Monday!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The Bachelor: Chris Harrison blogs week 6 | EW.com

Welcome back, Bachelor Nation! Well, the moment you’ve all been waiting for has finally arrived. Yes, the day of reckoning for Krystal is something everyone has been ready to see. Would she continue to charm Arie while confounding the women, or would Kendall be able to come from behind and restore order to the house? It was a long and strenuous day for Arie, but he made a tough decision, and while it may seem like an end of an era, it is only the first in a series of increasingly difficult choices as he moves forward toward hometown dates.

But before we project forward too much, let’s talk about Paris. It’s been a long time since we have been able to make our way to Paris and I don’t think we’ve ever had more fascinating living quarters than the U by Uniworld ship that was floating on the Seine (not to be confused with Seinne, who was also on the ship). I stayed at the fantastic Hotel de Crillon, and Arie was at the Molitor MGallery. Between the three places to stay, we had a pretty great sense of the city and all got a taste of what it had to offer.

Lauren B., the last remaining Lauren, finally got her one-on-one date after weeks of waiting. At this point, time is of the essence and that is, of course, why Arie needed an extra one-on-one this week. Unfortunately, no matter how much time you get, you can always use more. I think that was pretty clear this week, as while Arie’s sightseeing date with Lauren — which took them down the Seine and all the way to Notre Dame — was pretty epic, it served as only the beginning for the two of them. I was really appreciative of the way Arie opened up about some of the harder things he has been through in his life. It’s easy to ask other people to open up and to judge them if they don’t, but it’s always difficult to lead by example. Arie really made himself vulnerable, and I think that helped Lauren finally start to bring her walls down. At the moment though, you can tell she is still a bit behind some of the other women, and with hometowns right around the corner, next week is going to be really crucial for her.

The group date this week was one for the record books. No, literally, put it in the record books, because it was the first time in history that non-Moulin Rouge performers took part in the actual show at Moulin Rouge. The women on the date figured they were going to get to watch the show, but they didn’t think there was a snowball’s chance in hell that they were going to actually get to perform in it. Well, at least one of them was going to. This was one of those dates we get really excited about. It was a bucket list item for everyone involved, and for Bekah, who got the rose, it was one of the most surreal and exciting moments of her life. The other women sadly had to watch from the stands, but even for them, and for Arie, it was a once-in-a-lifetime event.

Speaking of once-in-a-lifetime events, the two-on-one date was also one for the Bachelor history books. Kendall wasn’t exactly sure why she was on the two-on-one date, but Krystal was confident she would be on it, and doubly confident that she would be coming home with the rose. The day started off well for her, which is actually very similar to how this whole experience started with her. I think in some ways this may be emblematic of Krystal, where the first impressions are really great, but somewhere along the line there ends up being a disconnect of some kind. Even the conversations between Krystal and Kendall showed that there is a pretty strong disconnect between how Krystal and other people view the world around them. I’m not sure there’s necessarily a “correct” way of looking at things, but at least on this two-on-one date, the people who seemed to see the world the same way were Kendall and Arie. As a result, they left together and made their way over to the Eiffel Tower for a magical moment unlike any we’ve ever seen. But Krystal showed a softer side toward the end of the night, and I look forward to talking with her at the Women Tell All and really getting to hear her side of the story.

The final date of the week with Jacqueline, a woman who has really flown under the radar so far. I think more than any other one-on-one date this season, this one really felt like it was do-or-die. While admitting that they have very different backgrounds and are coming from different worlds, these two have a kind of strange magnetic chemistry that was really exciting to see finally come to life. With that said, though, these kind of late-stage connections can only serve to make things harder as we head into next week and Arie has to say goodbye to three more women before he makes his way back to the states two weeks from now.

This week, we said goodbye to Chelsea, who went from polarizing force to fan favorite, and to Jenna, a woman we all really loved and wished you got more of a chance to get to know. But who knows where the future might take us with those two! Next week we are heading to Tuscany and an exciting three-on-one date that is unlike anything we’ve ever seen in Bachelor history! Don’t miss it!

The Bachelor: Chris Harrison blogs week 7 | EW.com

The Bachelor: Chris Harrison blogs week 7

Chris Harrison February 12, 2018 AT 10:00 PM EST

Welcome back, Bachelor Nation! I can’t believe it. It only feels like a few weeks since Janu-Arie 1st, and now here we are, down to the final four remaining women. Seven women came into the week, and as you saw, we did things a little differently than we’ve been doing in the past. The Bachelor is an ever-evolving experience, and challenging Arie to make tough decisions is part of the journey. If you’re falling in love with several people, it’s really important to not just continue coasting in the relationships and start taking big steps towards permanence, especially before you’re going to meet someone’s family.

Instead of walking through every single date, I want to instead address some of the bigger moments of the week and talk about what they meant for Arie’s journey. Ever since the first day of his journey, Arie has been a little worried that some of the women wouldn’t want to be with him. So far, that has not borne out, as the women seem to really be falling in love with Arie, each at their own speeds. Jacqueline was the first woman to really make Arie question himself, and I think the emotion that he felt that night is also part of what you saw from him at the end of the episode. Jacqueline very much has been playing catch-up, and last week in Paris she took a big step forward. Jacqueline is actually a lot like Arie, in that she is constantly fluctuating between following her head and following her heart. The truth is that the right decision often can’t be led with either head or heart exclusively. In this case, it seems as if Jacqueline let her head win. She was being logical and Arie couldn’t help but respect that, but as you can see in both of their emotional reactions, their hearts were somewhat surprised by the decisions their heads made.

I know this is skipping around a bit, but we saw a lot of the same emotion when Arie said goodbye to Bekah M. at the end of the episode. We all know that Arie was magnetically drawn to Bekah M. from the beginning, but as soon as he found out her age in Lake Tahoe, I think he had been systematically trying to use his logic to convince himself that his feelings weren’t legitimate. It’s hard to know how his relationship with Bekah would have progressed if either she were older, or if he somehow never learned her age. But his feelings stalled, and then when he said goodbye to her, I think that was a decision led mostly by his head. And you could see when he gave the rose to Tia, he was very excited but he also was questioning his own decisions: not his decision to pick Tia, but his decision to be logical.

It looked a lot like regret. Again, I don’t think Arie wishes he had made a different decision, but I think he’s starting to question his ability to always make the right decision. When you look at the remaining women — Tia, Lauren, Kendall, and Becca — you start to see that all of these women are remarkably different. These decisions for Arie are not comparing apples to apples. In fact, at this point he should be trying not to compare these women to each other at all, and just focusing on figuring out how his life would look with each of them as individuals.

Next week is a big week. Arie is falling in love with several women, and he is about to meet their families. I promise you you’re not going to want to miss this one. But first, tomorrow is the premiere of the Bachelor Winter Games. Make sure you tune in to the first ever international celebration of love. There will be fun, adventure, and love, and there WILL BE TEARS! See you tomorrow night!

The Bachelor: Chris Harrison blogs week 8 | EW.com

Chris Harrison February 19, 2018 AT 10:00 PM EST

Welcome back, Bachelor Nation. There is pretty much nothing more fear-inducing for a Bachelor than finally making it to hometown dates. Of course it’s remarkably exciting to get the opportunity to see where the women come from, but it’s also really terrifying to have to face their families as a man who is still dating three other women and convince them that you’re not just a total heel. And I really do have to give it to the families here, as across the board they were not afraid to ask hard questions and really try to get to the bottom of who Arie really is. And I also have to hand it to Arie this week, who never got defensive and never shied away from answering the tough questions.

I think in some ways Arie’s date with Kendall was one of the most bizarre hometown activities we’ve ever seen, but in some ways it was very much “them.” Kendall is right in acknowledging that because their relationship started a little bit slower, it’s worthwhile to just keep trying to jump in with both feet. If a man can’t grab a mouse-skin and stuff it full of cotton for you, is he really the right guy? Or something like that. It was also great to meet Kendall’s twin and her parents, who I think gave Arie some really good insight into who she is.

Tia’s family was about as straightforward as they come. They were not about to let Tia get caught up with a guy they didn’t trust, but I really think Arie’s ability and desire to answer their questions really brought them over to his side. One thing that I noticed and appreciated this season is that all of the families, while expressing their concerns, also seemed to really want to defer to the women’s decision making rather than try to be overly prescriptive. They explained their feelings, they asked their questions, and then they let their daughter or sister or niece take the wheel. I think that makes a lot of sense and speaks to the character of all of these women and their families.

Arie’s date with Becca was really sweet and I thought it was really wonderful to see Uncle Gary step in on behalf of Becca’s father. Becca’s dad was clearly so beloved in that family, and it feels like he is with all of them in spirit at all times. You could feel the mood in the room shift when Arie finally got a chance to talk to Becca’s mother, and I think Arie really let her know just exactly how much Becca was focused on her family and her family’s happiness. This family wasn’t easy to win over (and there’s no reason they should be), but at the end of the day I think they felt as good as they could feel, given the situation.

Finally, Arie had his date with Lauren, and as you could see, it was a little different from the others. For some reason, Arie seemed the most nervous about this date.
    Maybe it was for the same reason he seemed so shaken on his last date with Lauren. Arie has had a hard time this season quantifying his relationship with Lauren (not that there’s anything wrong with that!), and I think he knew it was going to be tough to try to explain that to some appropriately skeptical family members. Arie’s relationship with Lauren is clearly different from the others and it will be interesting to see how that plays out in the coming weeks.

It was terrible to see Tia go home. She was so blindsided, as anyone would be, but we’ll get to hear more from her this coming Sunday at the Women Tell All. You’ll also get to hear from Bekah M., Seinne, and Krystal! It’s gonna be a wild one. Then, on Monday, the romantic overnight dates take us to the magical land of Ica, Peru! And don’t forget to catch one of the last episodes of The Bachelor Winter Games tomorrow night! See you then, Bachelor Nation!

+ Reply to Thread