+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253 LastLast
Like Tree563Likes

Thread: Chris Harrison Blog

Re: Chris Harrison Blog

And of course, there is the temptation on both sides to take things to the next level, but Nick and Corinne were both responsible and were able to hold back. I’m not sure everyone else could have stayed level headed in that situation!
    Corinne was able to hold back and be responsible?! She's the one who went to throw herself at him! "Everyone else" was level headed enough (and had enough self respect) not to create a situation like that.

Bite me, Harrison.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/chris-harrison-blogs-the-bachelor-episode-8-hometown-dates-030129868.html

Chris Harrison Blogs ‘The Bachelor’ Episode 8: Hometown Dates
    [Yahoo TV]
    Chris Harrison
    TV Host
    Yahoo TVFebruary 20, 2017

Welcome back, Bachelor Nation! I can’t believe it’s already here. The week of hometown dates is always such a big shift. First of all, it’s hard to imagine that there are only 4 women left in this situation, when we started with 30. It’s crazy to see how far those relationships have come and to see the women decide to bring Nick back to their hometowns to meet their families.

Before we get too far into it, I just want to thank all of the families for letting us into their homes. We know it’s a big deal to open up your lives, and we really and truly appreciate it. These relationships are real, and hometown dates are a big part of allowing these love stories to fully blossom.

Raven’s family is as adorable as can be. I think it would be inhuman to not shed a tear while watching this hometown. This close family had really great news that day and shared it with Nick. I think Raven’s relationship with her family, and especially her father, really show us how she became the person she is. And there’s nothing more fun than four-wheeling around and pulling a “From Here To Eternity” in your local swamp. But please, make sure the water is clean before replicating this activity.

Next we were off to Dallas to meet Rachel’s family. I think this was a very exciting date for Nick, who got to experience some new things and got to address some really interesting topics with Rachel and her family. Rachel’s father is a federal judge and so could not appear on our television show, but you should know that Nick and Rachel’s father did get a chance to talk before he left that night. This date was a huge step forward for Rachel, who obviously was falling in love with Nick — but she’s also a realist, and wanted to gut check her feelings against the perspective that her family could provide. Obviously, sometime soon, things go in a different direction for Rachel, but for the time being, this relationship is strong and growing.

I think we’ve all been dying to meet Corinne’s family, especially Raquel, who has been much discussed all season long. It was really nice to see where Corinne came from. Her family is high energy and funny and also really serious about her finding love, including Raquel. It was also great to see Corinne taken out of the competitive environment and allowed to thrive on her own. Everyone has many different sides, and part of dating is exploring those sides. I really think Nick learned a lot about Corinne this week. And I heard Raquel taught Nick some recipes he can use to keep Corinne happy if they end up together.

And finally, Nick visited our friendly neighbor to the North, Canada. Vanessa took Nick to her school to meet some of the people she works with. It really was wonderful for all of us to get to see Vanessa in her natural element. She is a nurturing and a caring person and I think Nick really got to see Vanessa at her most confident. Vanessa’s family, though, like many in hometown history, really wanted to make sure that Nick wasn’t going to hurt her. I think we can all relate to wanting to protect the ones we love most, but in the end it seems as if Vanessa’s students and her family both granted their approval. I think that’s all she needed.

We went back to New York for the Rose Ceremony, and Nick certainly had his hands full. Four amazing women. Four wonderful families. These decisions are nearly impossible at this point. But sometimes before you can take steps into your future, it’s important to look into your past. And the past came knocking. Next week, you’ll find out why. Thanks for joining us, Bachelor Nation!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Rachel’s father is a federal judge and so could not appear on our television show, but you should know that Nick and Rachel’s father did get a chance to talk before he left that night.
    I'm happy this happened, but how will it effect Rachel's Bachelorette journey?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/chris-harrison-blogs-the-bachelor-episode-9-020007307.html

Chris Harrison Blogs ‘The Bachelor’ Episode 9
    [Yahoo TV]
    Chris Harrison
    TV Host
    Yahoo TVFebruary 27, 2017

It’s been another incredibly emotional week here in Bachelor Nation, and to say that next week is going to really blow you away would be a massive understatement. We only had one hour this week to show you what went down between Andi’s surprise appearance, the rose ceremony, and the beginning of the overnight dates in Finland — so next week is going to be a full 3 hours. We’ll take one more step towards the finale, and also take a step into the past, as 19 women come back for the Women Tell All.

When relationships dissolve, there is often a fair amount of unsettled business. Andi and Nick had a very close, but also a very tumultuous relationship a few years back on The Bachelorette, and when we were in New York, where Andi lives now, she decided to pay Nick a visit. Now, I want to be clear in stating that I am absolutely confident that Andi is over Nick and that Nick is over Andi. But they shared some really meaningful time together and I think seeing each other was positive and healthy for both of them. You never have to live in the past, but when you can look back, learn from it, and even laugh a little bit, it’s always a good thing. Andi is also a beloved member of Bachelor Nation, and we always like seeing her around, so we were very happy she decided to show up.
    Nick hands out the post-hometown dates roses. (Photo: Chris Harrison)

Soon after Nick and Andi said their final goodbyes again, it was time for the much-anticipated Rose Ceremony. We know you’ve been waiting for this one, and even though it seemed like it might never happen, Nick said goodbye to Corinne. Corinne had an amazing journey on this season. First she was the one that everyone loved to hate, but all season long she was the one that everyone talked about. I think Corinne is multi-faceted and truly an interesting young woman. She’s funny, she’s sassy, and she’s unapologetic. We will miss her. But you won’t have to for long because she’ll be back at Women Tell All next week to see Taylor and Nick for the first time since the 2-on-1 date in the swamp.

Vanessa, Rachel, and Raven. Three very wonderful and three very different women. And Finland! What a different place for exotic overnight dates. We haven’t been to a cold destination for a finale in 5 years and Finland, especially Finnish Lapland, was somewhere we were all very excited to go. The overnight dates took place in Inari Saariselka, which is very far up north in Finland, and it was an amazing place to see the Northern Lights. It was also very cold, and very quiet. The sun didn’t really rise until about 10 a.m., and it started setting at 3 p.m. This, obviously meant longer nights, and longer overnights, which is great — because at this point, Nick needs every moment he can get with these women to find out what to do next. We saw Raven’s VERY interesting date, and we’ll hear more about that next week, followed by Rachel and Vanessa’s dates. And you’ll also get to see all the women, back for one more chance to set the record straight and to see Nick at the Women Tell All. See you next week, Bachelor Nation!

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/chris-harrison-blogs-the-bachelor-women-tell-all-040047262.html

Chris Harrison Blogs ‘The Bachelor: Women Tell All’

Yahoo TVMarch 6, 2017

It’s almost impossible to believe that we are only one week away from the end. It seems like forever ago when Nick stood in front of that mansion and met 29 women — and 1 dolphin who thought she was a shark. The Women Tell All is always one of my favorite episodes because we get to catch our breath and look back at all the things we’ve been through together over the last few months.

But first, we got to witness the rest of the overnight dates. The question we were left wondering last week was…well…I’ll let Raven explain that one herself. And the answer…well, I’ll let her explain that, too, when the time is right, but needless to say the date went really well and she went into the rose ceremony beaming.

Rachel’s overnight date was pretty exceptional. Between the cross-country skiing and the reindeer herding they got to spend some time doing, Nick and Rachel really got to cram in an entire Finnish Lapland experience into just a few hours. Rachel has always been open about her skepticism and her reluctance to let her guard down. It was wonderful to see how far she’s come when she finally told Nick that she was falling in love with him. I know how hard it was for her to say and how her biggest fear, the fear of losing something she cared about, was hanging in the balance. But as we saw, between her emotional goodbye and our talk at the Women Tell All, this experience helped Rachel grow, helped her refine what she wanted, and in the end will help her find love when she starts her journey, very soon, as the Bachelorette.

Vanessa’s overnight date was also remarkably Finnish. One thing we learned in Lapland is that saunas are a very important part of life there. Every hotel room I stayed in there had a sauna in it! It’s really something I miss since being back here. Maybe I should build a sauna? I’ll think about it. But Nick and Vanessa had the full experience, plunging their bodies into the frigid water and then steaming up immediately afterwards. In some ways this feels a lot like their relationship, and I mean that in a good way. Since their first date it’s been full of passion and extreme moments.

Nick cried on their first date. Vanessa cried a day or two after that when talking about Corinne. These two are never short on passion, and that can be a very important building block in a new relationship. It’s not always easy, but it can be crucial.

Saying goodbye to Rachel was difficult on Nick. Beyond his relationship with her, they had a truly strong friendship and mutual respect. Sometimes saying goodbye is harder when you fear also losing the friendship that was the basis for the relationship in the first place. That was the case here. But as we saw at the Women Tell All, the mutual respect and friendship is still there. I hope they’ll both view each other as a productive part of their respective pasts.

The Women Tell All was tremendous this year. I was happy to see Liz use her moment to try and find a message to convey to the world. I was saddened to see Danielle L. still so affected by her departure, but I applaud her for being so open and honest about that. I want to thank Taylor for being so receptive while also not backing down from her convictions. I want to give a big tip of the hat to Kristina for continuing to inspire us with her story. And to Danielle M., Jasmine, Dominique, Astrid, Elizabeth, and all the other women that joined us that night and all season, thank you for coming into this with open hearts and open minds.

And Corinne… well, Corinne will be Corinne, and I think we all love her for that. She isn’t perfect, but she doesn’t claim to be. She is astonishingly and singularly herself, though, and we could all stand to be a little more like Corinne from time to time. I’m sure we’ll be seeing more of her and some of our other favorite ladies soon.

Oh, and by the way, Alexis. You’re a dolphin.

Next week is going to be one of the most exciting live three-hour finales ever, and I can guarantee you that you are going to see something you’ve never seen before during After The Final Rose. You don’t want to miss it.
    Eliza9999 likes this.

Keeping with the aquatic theme... you don't have to convince me Chris! I'm all in - hook, line and sinker. It's been a really fun season!
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I bet Corinne will be on BIP. She didnt look too broken up over Nick.
    I liked Liz, and I was happy to learn she had tried to contact Nick. I wouldn't mind if she was on BIP. The kids will drive me crazy, especially those that cannot drink!

It wasn't the best WTA, the best thing last night, Rachel! Bring on her season!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

https://cricket.yahoo.com/news/chris-harrison-blogs-bachelor-season-22-premiere-030450708.html

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' season 22 premiere

1 Jan 2018, 7:04 PM

Warning: This blog about the season premiere of The Bachelor contains spoilers.

Welcome back, Bachelor Nation! Janu-Arie is finally upon us, and we are ready to share one of the most romantic, exotic — and yes, dramatic — seasons in Bachelor history. I hope everyone had a great New Year’s Eve, and now we are here to help you start your 2018 in the best way possible: with Arie and the 29 incredible women that he’ll get to know over the next few months. Ever since we first met Arie, we knew there was something special about him. He was so great and open in his relationship with Emily, and we’ve all kept in touch over the years. Now more than ever, Arie is settled in his life and has a great career, but he also hasn’t lost the fun and romance that made America fall in love with him in the first place. Now, after watching his younger brother get married, it was perfect timing for Arie to finally get his own love story.

Who better to help Arie get ready for his first night than his old friend Sean, his amazing wife Catherine, and their cute as all get out son Samuel. Sean and Catherine have an amazing love story that started in the very same living room where these guys all met. Arie learned a lot that day about Catherine and Sean — and also about how to change diapers. I would say this was a necessary meeting in more ways than one! Every love story on The Bachelor is different and I think it’s important for Arie to remember to stay open, which is exactly how Sean and Catherine ended up finding each other.

In recent years we have had some odd numbers of women and men. While it used to be 25 or occasionally 30, we’ve really ended up trying to just get as many eligible women or men through that front door so the Bachelor or Bachelorette has as many chances as possible to find love. Of course, the question then is “Why not just have 100 people?” Well, we still want to make sure, with the limited amount of time the Bachelor has, that he at least has an opportunity to talk to every single person there. It’s a delicate balance, and as you can see, the sun generally starts to come up as the rose ceremony ends. This year we ended up introducing Arie to 29 women, and I’m glad that each and every one of them made it. There are always surprises and women who make a bad first impression in the driveway can end up changing everyone’s mind later, and vice versa.

There are so many interesting women this year, and over the coming weeks you’re going to see new sides of them. Chelsea’s dry wit, Jenna’s incredible energy, Kendall’s quirks, and of course Tia’s charming accent. I don’t think any of us were too surprised when Chelsea got the first impression rose. After all, the last woman Arie fell in love with was a beautiful single mother, and subconsciously, he may have known that there was something special and different about her. Of course, Maquel made a big impression in her Indy car but in many ways it was Brittany who stole the show by setting up a race in the driveway. That was smart.

As the night came to an end, I think Arie was finally starting to remember how overwhelming these cocktail parties can be. He was exhausted and really trying to make the smartest decisions he could. The truth is there were no “right” decisions, and he had to just go with his gut. Two of the four Laurens were sent home, as were Nysha, Bri, Brittane, and several others. It’s just so hard to tell someone you don’t have a future based on just a few minutes, but those are the breaks, unfortunately.

Next week, the dates start, and right off the bat we do things a little differently this season. You’ll also see one of the most elaborate and dangerous dates in Bachelor history. And as this season moves on, you are going to see some things you’ve never seen before, as well as some things you never thought you’d see again! Get ready for the most explosive season of The Bachelor in years! And there’s a brand new show coming your way soon with all your favorites. So much to talk about! See you next Monday, Bachelor Nation!

The Bachelor airs Mondays at 8 p.m. on ABC.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/chris-harrison-blogs-bachelor-week-2-030108675.html

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' week 2
    [Yahoo TV]
    Chris Harrison
    TV Host
    Yahoo TVJanuary 8, 2018

Warning: This post about week 2 of The Bachelor contains spoilers.

Welcome back, Bachelor Nation! We’re only one week in and sparks are already flying, and I don’t just mean at the demolition derby! In recent years, The Bachelor and Bachelorette have started off with two smaller group dates and one solo date in the first week, but this year we decided to switch things up and let Arie have two solo dates and one large group date. As you can imagine, there are advantages and disadvantages to both ways of doing things. If you have two smaller group dates, you get more time with every single person, but if you have two one-on-one dates, you get to know people more intimately faster, and can make decisions with more information. The two smaller group dates also make the cocktail party at the end of the week more relaxed, as everyone has had more time throughout the week. As you can tell, all of this is really complicated and just like everything in love, there’s no “right way.” You can only do your best and try to find the person you’ve been looking for your whole life.

And that’s exactly what Arie is looking for: The person he’s been waiting for his whole life. Arie is a race car driver, but really he’s also a huge fan of anything with a motor, so when we started the season he asked us to put him behind the wheel of as many vehicles as possible, so obviously a motorcycle date was perfect for him to get his journey to love started. Becca K. got the first date and as you can see they had a tremendous amount to talk about. Obviously, Becca K. got some great gifts that day, from earrings to shoes (and she got to keep them!) but the date didn’t really start until the two of them got to sit down and just talk to each other. Becca shared a lot about her life and so did Arie. By the end of the night I think Arie, maybe for the first time, was really hopeful that this kind of dating would work for him again. The last time he found love was with Emily, so it only feels right that the next time he finds love (and hopefully the last) will be with us as well.

The second one-on-one date went to Krystal and it was a really ambitious day, even for The Bachelor. Taking a quick day trip to Scottsdale and back, and making it home in time for a romantic dinner and a concert makes for a very long day and night, but it was absolutely worth it. It was really important to Arie to involve his day-to-day life in all of this. Introducing his family, his home, and his life to the women was really important. Krystal may have a complicated relationship with her family, but she is open and looking to build her own family. After her first date with Arie, it’s honestly looking like that may be on its way to happening.

The group date was a doozy. I don’t think we have ever put together a more complex group date than this one. Arie is a driver and this date was a perfect way for him to show off some of his skills. The women, other than Annaliese, were all unbelievably excited to get in their cars and start bashing things. And even Annaliese, once she got behind the wheel, treated the car like a bulldozer, plowing into as many other cars as possible. Every single safety precaution you can imagine was taken, but there were still quite a few bumps and bruises the next day, but everyone was just so excited to have had the chance to participate. Seinne really came out of nowhere and took the trophy for the day. But it wasn’t her driving, it was her personality that got her the rose at night. I expect we’ll be seeing a lot of Seinne over the coming weeks.

At the cocktail party, things started to take a turn. Obviously, because of the size of the group date, many women didn’t have enough time with Arie, so tensions were running high. The jealousy doesn’t really get started until people begin developing feelings, and after the first week, the feelings are starting to grow quickly. Next week, things are going to be even crazier than ever and the bubbling tension beneath the surface is finally going to boil over. Do not miss it!

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/chris-harrison-blogs-bachelor-week-3-030201885.html

Chris Harrison blogs 'The Bachelor' week 3
    [Yahoo TV]
    Chris Harrison
    TV Host
    Yahoo TVJanuary 15, 2018

Warning: This blog about episode 3 of The Bachelor contains spoilers.

Welcome back, Bachelor Nation. Now, with Arie’s season in full swing, we hope you can see what we love about him. He’s down to Earth, successful, and is obviously ready to find his other half and start a family. With the desire to find a partner comes the responsibility to say goodbye to relationships that are not part of that journey. This was a big week for unexpected departures, with both Annaliese and Lauren S. going home sooner than anyone thought. Every Bachelor is different and handles these things in their own way. Is this a sign of things to come for Arie, or will his decisiveness wane as the decisions become more difficult? Only one way to find out.

The week started with a date that really had the potential to bring out a lot of personalities while simultaneously checking something off of everyone’s bucket list. I think so many people grew up on the fun of wrestling and had fantasies of getting into the ring, and having some of the ladies of GLOW help us out was a dream day. On top of that, there was no way we could do a wrestling date without inviting Kenny Layne from last season. He was a fan favorite for a lot of reasons and it was great to have him back and spend a little bit of time with him. As much fun as we were having, things started to go south for some of the women as they were having less fun than they expected. I don’t think any of us were exactly certain how intense the women would be, but it became clear quickly that there was no messing around allowed! Wrestling is a tough sport, and not everyone has the personality type to transform themselves into a smack-talking professional.

Tia won the day by overcoming her setbacks and taking control of the situation, but Bekah M. took home the rose at night. There is an electricity between her and Arie that everyone could feel, but I think people were also starting to wonder if the age disparity would be problematic for either of them. Many people have been wondering how old Bekah is exactly, and next week they will find out. Age is such a tough thing, though. People really do mature and grow at different rates, and while age is definitely a good indicator of maturity, it’s certainly not the only one. I have a feeling this won’t be the last time this conversation comes up, though.

The second date of the week was the only one-on-one date. Group dates are wonderful and illuminating, but the one-on-one dates are the time when Arie is hoping to really take large leaps forward in his relationships. Unfortunately, unlike last week, things really did not go as planned for Lauren S. If I had to guess, I think more than anything it was just the pressure that got to her and caused her energy to be off. There was nothing wrong with Lauren S., obviously, but there was a disconnect in the way that her and Arie were speaking. Somehow they just didn’t seem to be able to get on the same page. She was in her head, and then he got in his head, and then that made her get even further into her head. It was a bit of a downward spiral, and though I know there is definitely no bad blood between these two, I think the night ended up being a disappointment for both of them. Both of them were open and honest and put their hearts on the line, and at the end of the night they both went home empty-handed.

The third date. Well, what is there to say about the third date? It was a total mess. Arie is a big dog lover, and a dog-dad to Bastian, so what could go wrong with a dog date? Well, as it turns out, just about everything. I don’t know if was the nerves or the venue or the crowd, but things just couldn’t seem to go right for the ladies and the dogs they were trying to corral. Even with all the commotion, it was pretty incredible that everyone had a pretty good time. I think the biggest treat of the day was having Fred Willard with us to host. Let me tell you, he was twice as funny as you can even imagine. We had a great time, the women had a “interesting” experience, and most importantly, no dogs were harmed in the filming of this date.

Chelsea continued to cement herself as a frontrunner by getting the group date rose, making this two out of three early roses. So far, she’s only had to stand in a rose ceremony without a rose once. That takes a lot of the pressure off. And pressure is exactly what Bibiana and Annaliese were feeling over the course of that third cocktail party. I feel bad for Bibiana. She just couldn’t catch a break. Sometimes you just end up with bad luck, and your relationship never even has a chance to get off the ground. The good news is Bibiana is strong, and I have a feeling you’ll be seeing more of her soon. The same goes for Annaliese, who seemed to also suffer the curse of bad luck and bad timing. I respect her for knowing what she wanted and for going after it, just as I respect Arie for being honest with her when it would have been much easier to just let her go home at the rose ceremony.

The dates in Los Angeles are over, and it’s time to hit the road. We are going to some of the most beautiful and romantic places on Earth this season, and we’ll start next week in Lake Tahoe. You’re definitely not going to want to miss it! See you next Monday!

+ Reply to Thread