+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920
Like Tree379Likes

Thread: 3/6 Bachelor 22 Arie: AFTER THE FINAL ROSE **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/6 Bachelor 22 Arie: AFTER THE FINAL ROSE **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    I don't believe there was an audience.
    I believe you are correct if memory serve me right.
    dagwood and karna68 like this.

FORT Fogey

The SNL spoof with Robert Mueller (played by Kate McKinnon) as Arie was the best part of this whole fiasco.
    GabbyG likes this.

The spoof that Dean and Nick did was much more entertaining than the entire season of Arie's, The Bachelor!
    Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Did anyone see the video Dean and Nick Viall did, reenacting the break up scene? Neither one has any room to make fun, when it comes to acting stupid on these shows, but their video was kind of humorous.

Watch Dean & Nick Recreate Arie and Becca's Bachelor Breakup - FLARE

Quote Originally Posted by GolfGrrl View Post
    In the history of breakups, has any ever happened between filming and ATFR? Don't they always fake a relationship on ATFR? Makes me think there is something contractual about that. Which leads me to think Arie agreed to the filmed breakup so that he could speed up getting with Lauren, and not fake it with Becca at ATFR.
    As for comparison to Melissa, her blindside happened in front of an audience and live TV! Not just in front of a camera crew. Much more humiliating at the time. But at least she didn't have to relive it through anticipation of having it re-aired. Can you imagine the dread Becca must have felt in anticipation of the epi showing her breakup?
    This is sad, that I can instantly recall when Jeff Schefft broke up with Jerry Ferris. That was awful to watch. She actually broke up with him during the hiatus, but when they brought them together on AFTR she made it official. (Jerry posed his hands discreetly in such a way as to be giving her the finger). Chris asked her "why", he said Jerry doesn't completely understand, and neither do we. I don't remember what she said, (maybe chemistry???) but, I remember wondering if it was because he managed a mall Art Gallery store, when she had been thinking he was a wealthy curator. She did begin working (right after doing the show) for her (soon to be husband), then boss, Public Relations Exec Joe Waterman. They are still together, with kids.
    When you can’t control what’s happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to what’s happening. That’s where your power is.

FORT Newbie

I'm a fan of the Bachelor shows, having watched all since season 3. People like to ask if the girls are there "for the right reasons" but almost every Bachelor (with few exceptions) proves they weren't really in it to get married when the couples break up within months. As this season progressed, I believed that Arie was truly there to find a wife and was sure he intended to propose at the end. Towards the end I felt he was truly in love with Lauren, but she looked guarded and hesitant to commit. Becca had already professed her love to Arie and was a much safer choice (she would be sure to accept if he proposed).

At that point I decided to go online and look at spoilers for the first time this season, hoping I'd find that Arie went with his heart and proposed to Lauren. I felt sad that he went the safe route with Becca, then completely understood when he corrected his mistake. Granted, he handled the breakup with Becca very poorly. (He may have wanted it filmed but the producers chose to milk it for ratings and show the whole “unedited” thing. Arie left once and the camera following him went black and then he went back in again. Don't you think the producers wanted more reaction footage and urged him to go back in?)

If you think it is wrong for a Bachelor to propose to a "safe" second choice, just look back to the last Bachelorette. All of America knows that Rachel desperately wanted Peter to propose and only when he wouldn't did she decide to accept Bryan's proposal. A lot of viewers then wanted Peter to be the next Bachelor, which would have been terrible. The last thing the show needs is a Bachelor who is either not going to propose or not even choose anyone at the end (the two most likely outcomes with Peter).

Arie was there to find the woman of his dreams and propose to her. He took the wrong path, but ultimately reached the right destination. They should get married sometime this year and I expect it to last. And I believe the producers got him to propose to Lauren on the live ATFR by offering to supply the Neil Lane ring for Lauren if he did.
    Last edited by littlecammi; 03-27-2018 at 04:26 PM.
    Arielflies, judkay and Fang2170 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
    At that point I decided to go online and look at spoilers for the first time this season, hoping I'd find that Arie went with his heart and proposed to Lauren. I felt sad that he went the safe route with Becca, then completely understood when he corrected his mistake. Granted, he handled the breakup with Becca very poorly. (He may have wanted it filmed but the producers chose to milk it for ratings and show the whole “unedited” thing. Arie left once and the camera following him went black and then he went back in again. Don't you think the producers wanted more reaction footage and urged him to go back in?)
    After giving it some time after the finale, I don't think Arie wanted to go back in to prompt Becca for more tears, more of a reaction, etc. I think it was mostly the producers pushing for that. Anything for some "ratings". That said, I hope Arie has given up his womanizing ways for good. I would feel bad for Lauren if he slips back into that type of behavior.
    Arielflies and judkay like this.

+ Reply to Thread