+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: 1/8 Bachelor Arie: Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: 1/8 Bachelor Arie: Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Well, now we know the significance of Krystal's disastrous childhood story and the "loss" of her brother to homelessness. In a way, it's despicable for the producers to get her to unload all of that early in the season (or at all) so they can use it to show why she suddenly becomes so clingy and needy. Plus, they compounded it by having Arie take her to meet his very stable and loving family right away so she can become even more determined to wind up with that in the end. Poor woman with her put-on baby voice and smiling facade needs therapy, but then most of the people who go on this show probably do.
    I think thats why they are chosen.Her baby voice comes and goes, notice that? At one point when she talking to the women, it vanished.
    jucamer and AlwaysVeg like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think thats why they are chosen.Her baby voice comes and goes, notice that? At one point when she talking to the women, it vanished.
    I know! I can't stand when women do that fake ultra-sweet baby voice stuff. It's so phony and manipulative. But besides that, I dislike when this show uses a contestant's sad past to make them look like a basket case. Krystal wound up looking a little crazy or at least pathetic to have to snag Arie twice during the cocktail party when she already had a rose. On the other hand, Bibiana definitely overreacted, although I didn't mind her giving Krystal a bit of a verbal smackdown. I'm also glad she said yes when K asked if she minded her interrupting B's conversation with Arie. I wish more of them would object ... or even if the leads would say they want a few more minutes with the person they're talking to.
    SummerSue, jucamer and Fanny Mare like this.

Homelessness? IMO, the conversation was sliced and diced, intentionally leaving out the drug addiction and mental health parts of the discussion. I don't have a problem with a compelling, real-life Americal story.

The bumper car story is another matter altogether...
    alizarules likes this.

Arie’s interactions seem so clinical & contrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Midol and Fanny Mare like this.
    "Everyone has a Mt. Everest. ......."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    Homelessness? IMO, the conversation was sliced and diced, intentionally leaving out the drug addiction and mental health parts of the discussion. I don't have a problem with a compelling, real-life Americal story.

The bumper car story is another matter altogether...
    She said her brother was homeless. She was not specific about drug addiction or mental illness, so I didn't impose my assumptions about that. I have a problem with the way this show gets people to blurt out their dark secrets and deepest wounds as soon as possible so they can then portray that person as psychologically/emotionally scarred for entertainment value.
    Cornholio and Fanny Mare like this.

This show is almost exactly the same every season just with different people playing the roles. Has there EVER been an episode where people don't get mad about someone who already has a rose interrupting a conversation between the lead & someone with no rose who needs the time?

After watching Unreal, I'm pretty sure the producers push the person with the rose to go interrupt the conversation just to stir up some drama.... because really, I doubt Krystal would have decided to do that on her own.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    This show is almost exactly the same every season just with different people playing the roles. Has there EVER been an episode where people don't get mad about someone who already has a rose interrupting a conversation between the lead & someone with no rose who needs the time?

After watching Unreal, I'm pretty sure the producers push the person with the rose to go interrupt the conversation just to stir up some drama.... because really, I doubt Krystal would have decided to do that on her own.
    Its worn and tired, just like most of the leads.
    Cornholio likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

When Krystal said her brother went 'to Venice' I immediately thought Italy and had quite the giggle.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213