+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: New Bachelor is Arie

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: New Bachelor is Arie

Boy on ET, bachelor nation isn't very happy with this choice! A lot of WTH is he..???
    He's ready to settle down now though, of course he is, just like Nick was..lol!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Arie is a disappointing pick to me; I got the impression he was quite a player and that's why they didn't choose him earlier.

Now, hopefully, being older and out of the spotlight for awhile, he'll seem more ready to settle down.

He doesn't do much for me, looks-wise, like Peter does () but that's okay. I will still watch, of course.
    From what I'm seeing out on the Internet, his player days may or may not be behind him. I hope he's ready to settle down, but it doesn't seem too promising. Fanny's comparison to Nick Viall may be pretty accurate. I guess we'll see.

And I agree about his looks. He has beautiful eyes, but beyond that, I'm not feeling it.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    From what I'm seeing out on the Internet, his player days may or may not be behind him. I hope he's ready to settle down, but it doesn't seem too promising. Fanny's comparison to Nick Viall may be pretty accurate. I guess we'll see.

And I agree about his looks. He has beautiful eyes, but beyond that, I'm not feeling it.
    He does have lovely eyes. I'm willing to give him a chance, after disliking the last guy, he can't be any worse than vile Nick. I just hate it when they have wanted to be the bachelor for a long time. If they are really ready to settle down, they don't need this show.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

It's a tough one because you want someone who WANTS to be the Bach, but not someone who REALLY wants it.

TBH, I sort of don't care who they pick. I'll end up kind of hating them by the end of the season anyway. I'm sure Arie won't be any different. He actually looks like a boy I had a crush on in h.s. This won't make me more sympathetic towards him if he acts like a douchebag.

I read something suggesting that they wouldn't have picked Wells because he wasn't "leading man" enough. Sorry, but I know A LOT of women who'd fall all over themselves to date Wells....including myself if we were closer in age! Smart, funny, cute. What's not to like?

I think Peter was probably too problematic. They knew they couldn't get him to agree to propose at the end and that's what they really want. I appreciate his integrity, but integrity doesn't really have a lot of currency with Fleiss.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Wells and Danielle were dating after the show. I like Wells, he doesn't have to force his personality, he's naturally a nice guy..probably way too nice for this show.
    Miss_Griss and jucamer like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Yeah, as soon as we saw the chemistry between Wells and Danielle, I definitely didn't want him to be the Bach. He probably IS too nice to be the Bach too.
    Miss_Griss and jucamer like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I wish they had chosen Eric. I have seen a lot of people on twitter who are pretty much like if they couldn't choose Peter why not Eric. Ahh Well

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Arie is a disappointing pick to me; I got the impression he was quite a player and that's why they didn't choose him earlier.

Now, hopefully, being older and out of the spotlight for awhile, he'll seem more ready to settle down.

He doesn't do much for me, looks-wise, like Peter does () but that's okay. I will still watch, of course.
    Me, either.
    BerryCrazy likes this.
    "Listening is often the only thing needed to help someone." ~ anon

Quote Originally Posted by mika06 View Post
    I wish they had chosen Eric. I have seen a lot of people on twitter who are pretty much like if they couldn't choose Peter why not Eric. Ahh Well
    Too soon. We just had a black lead, and I do believe there will be a make black lead, but right now, too soon. Jmho

Arie will do fine, like Nick he'll do pretty much what they say. He's been well received on other forums, I'm just glad it's not Dean!!
    jucamer likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

No Bro code I guess Jef says Arie is disgusting!

Jef Holm Calls Ex-Friend & New Bachelor Arie Luyendyk Jr.
    BerryCrazy and Fanny Mare like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast