Like Tree47Likes

Thread: New Bachelor is Arie

New Bachelor is Arie

Wasn't sure where to post.

But meh, I'll be skipping this season.
    mika06 likes this.
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

Re: New Bachelor is Arie

Huh, didn't see that one coming at all! For once, they really did have a shocking revelation, lol.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by calicokat View Post
    Huh, didn't see that one coming at all! For once, they really did have a shocking revelation, lol.
    His name was thrown around about two weeks ago, apparently Peter was playing hardball with MF, and it didn't work out..rumours and speculation mostly, but Arie was mentioned then.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

We've had posters expressing concern that this news is a spoiler, but this has been reported widely in the media. When People Magazine is talking about it and he's on Good Morning, America, it's not a spoiler, it's an announcement.

Just think his unappealing the other options are that they had to go back FIVE years to find someone. I hope they pick some age appropriate women for Arie. If there are a bunch of girls just out of college, it'll be way too creepy. He's 35 now, so let's see some women in their late-20's and early- to (*gasp*) mid-30's.

I liked Arie, but I wonder if he's even got a strong enough personality to carry this show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I wonder if he can carry the show as well. I'll know the first couple of episodes, but please no more like Corrine, oh what am I saying, tptb loved her, until they didn't...
    One thing Arie has going for him, some people have forgotten him,or don't know who he is, so for them he'll be a new face..gotta look on the bright side, that, and he's not Jef with one F!
    Miss_Griss, Cornholio and jucamer like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    Wasn't sure where to post.

But meh, I'll be skipping this season.
    Im thinking along the same lines you are.
    karna68 and mika06 like this.
    "Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen." ~ Orhan Pamuk

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    We've had posters expressing concern that this news is a spoiler, but this has been reported widely in the media. When People Magazine is talking about it and he's on Good Morning, America, it's not a spoiler, it's an announcement.

Just think his unappealing the other options are that they had to go back FIVE years to find someone. I hope they pick some age appropriate women for Arie. If there are a bunch of girls just out of college, it'll be way too creepy. He's 35 now, so let's see some women in their late-20's and early- to (*gasp*) mid-30's.

I liked Arie, but I wonder if he's even got a strong enough personality to carry this show.
    Yeah it was posted on the official Bachelor page on FB. I was surprised nothing was posted here yet
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    Yeah it was posted on the official Bachelor page on FB. I was surprised nothing was posted here yet
    It might be good snark, you should watch..
    He's 6 years older and heavier..
    karna68 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I can't believe it's been five years since Emily's season! I saw the announcement on GMA and went...hmmm...I was not an Ari-stan during that season and didn't appreciate how he couldn't let go - to the point of stalking, but I have sort of followed him over the past few and, after the brief fling with Ben F's ex., he seemed to drop from the lime light. Interesting that he mentioned being friends with Sean, but not Jef...after Jef was dumped, they hung out and looked to be great friends. It would be fun to see Jef ( HA!)
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Arie is a disappointing pick to me; I got the impression he was quite a player and that's why they didn't choose him earlier.

Now, hopefully, being older and out of the spotlight for awhile, he'll seem more ready to settle down.

He doesn't do much for me, looks-wise, like Peter does () but that's okay. I will still watch, of course.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast