+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Griffin Hosts NBC's 'Average Joe'

FORT Fogey
    I just saw the commercial for this as well, it actually does seem interesting. My guess for the twist is near the end they will introduce a super hunky rich guy which she has a choice to pick from the guy she bonded with or him.

FORT Newbie

Average Joe - Here's the latest

‘AVERAGE JOE,’ A NEW RELATIONSHIP SERIES WITH NOT-SO-AVERAGE TWISTS, PREMIERES NOVEMBER 3 ON NBC

Beauty Expects to Meet Her Prince Charming, But Instead Meets a Bunch of “Average Joes”

“Third Watch” Moves to Fridays at 10:00 p.m. Beginning October 31

BURBANK - October 17, 2003 - NBC’s new take on the dating show genre, “Average Joe,” will premiere on Monday, November 3 (10-11 p.m. ET), and will run for six weeks. The announcement was made today by Jeff Zucker, President, NBC Entertainment.

“This new series puts real, everyday guys in a dream situation—being isolated in Palm Springs with the chance to get to know and date a beautiful and seemingly unattainable woman who might not otherwise give them the time of day,” said Zucker.

In the dramatic new unscripted relationship series, former beauty queen and NFL cheerleader Melana Scantlin arrives in Palm Springs to live in a multi-million dollar estate high atop a hill, where she awaits the arrival of 16 Prince Charmings to win her heart. What she doesn’t know is that the men she will meet are not handsome princes, but are actually “Average Joes”—guys with great hearts, but admittedly average looks, ranging from 5-foot-2 to 6-foot-8 and weighing up to 360 pounds, some even describing themselves as ‘nerds’ and ‘geeks.’

While Melana must decide how to proceed with the motley crew assembled before her, the guys form bonds and rivalries and experience a range of emotions as the concept of the series unfolds. Some see the chance of a lifetime when they size up their competition, while others face an ego-blow when they find themselves grouped among men they term as losers. But the surprises don’t end on the first night. Melana and her suitors are shocked when a new twist is added mid-series that turns all of their expectations upside-down.

Hosted by Kathy Griffin (“Suddenly Susan”), “Average Joe” is a production of NBC Studios and Krasnow Productions. Stuart Krasnow (“Dog Eat Dog,” “Weakest Link”) is executive producer, Andrew Glassman is co-executive producer, Jason Raff is supervising producer.
    Last edited by John; 10-18-2003 at 09:49 AM.

Any chance of this getting a forum here? I think it may be bizarre enough to merit it.

Yes, this will have a forum.

FORT Newbie

Average Joe -- take a look at this

I found a web site for one these guys -- take look at this!

http://www.averagejoeshow.com/pictures.html?refreshed

The Bachelor and the anti-bachelor

I Love This Show Already

I can't wait for this thing to air...i'm sick of hearing about Bachelor BOOB all the time...it's time for a new leading man to step up and get the girl. tricks, thanks for all the info...you've been very helpful.

FORT Fogey
    Looks pathetic, if you ask me. Then again, no one did.

Part of the twist of the show is that the guys are merely "average". Or probably below average, so they actually stand out from the "standard" dating-show guys.

It's funny cause they're fat

Quote Originally Posted by John
    Part of the twist of the show is that the guys are merely "average". Or probably below average, so they actually stand out from the "standard" dating-show guys.
    Fat guys with skinny chicks is always a winning combo. This show could have been called Survivor: Nerd Island.

But here's the thing, this show will be so popular because it's going to appeal to everyone...guys, girls, older, younger...it's funny and doesn't take itself too seriously which is the main problem with all the rest of these reality dating shows.

I'm glad they finally announced when this is airing, I'm look forward to this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast