+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Adam and Samantha Split

Adam and Samantha Split

Average Joe Adam Splits with Samantha
    Thursday May 20, 2004 12:00pm EST

Average Joe sweethearts Adam Mesh and Samantha Trenk are the latest couple to fall victim to the curse of reality romance, PEOPLE reports in its new issue.

"It just didn't feel like it was going to be the relationship to end all relationships for me," says Mesh, who split from Trenk during a lunch date last week. "I still think she's a great girl. It just didn't work out."

There was another complicating factor. "He said I wasn't the only one on his mind," Trenk (who's already seeing other people) recalls about their lunch encounter. "He said, 'This isn't the right time for us,' and I said, 'Then I want to end it.'"

Mesh, 28, admits that while seeing Trenk, 24, he was distracted: "I realized that I was still thinking of somebody else."

Mesh denies that the "somebody else" is Joe runner-up Rachel Goetz though many fans still believe that Mesh made the wrong choice when he ditched Goetz in the NBC show's April 5 finale.

"I was in Las Vegas, and this guy in his 50s hits me on the arm and goes, 'You picked the wrong girl,'" recalls Mesh. "So I looked at him and said, 'No, I picked the girl that I like better.' And he says, 'Well, the other one is my daughter.' He showed me his ID, and it was him."

As for Mesh's mysterious other woman, he will reveal only that it's someone he dated before the show began.

http://people.aol.com/people/article...640380,00.html
    This is the link I saw this on, not sure if you can see this link unless you have AOL.

'Well, the other one is my daughter.' He showed me his ID, and it was him."

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    YEAHHHHHHHHHhhhh!!!!! Whew!!! Luckily Samantha got outta that train wreck before it went on any longer!

Good luck to you Samantha, you'll find someone who's perfect for you. Sorry, but I never thought Adam was a great "catch" in the first place..but if you found love in him, I'm sorry that it ended.
    Always look to the positive in everything, cause IMO you're the great catch.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Good for the both of them.

Adam and Sam at Reality Cares Foundation Event May 20

Last night Adam attended the Reality Cares Foundation event in NYC honoring Mark Burnett. Sam, Rachel and other lovely AJ ladies also attended. They were all chatting quite happily with each other--absolutely no acrimony to be seen. Adam was as many would expect, comfortable and very chatty. Samantha is far more beautiful in person than any of her pictures would suggest. At one point, she, Adam and Samantha's mother had time alone (as alone as one can be in a packed 2nd floor of Kenneth Cole at 49th and Fifth Ave). If I knew how to add a pic to this post, I would show you a photo of that moment. It is something completely spontaneous that can't be faked. The People article says they have decided to be friends. There is every reason from the conversations I heard last night for that to be true.

Two really interesting things I learned are 1) The AJ ladies have forged great friendships, Samantha and Rachel included. (In fact Samantha told Rachel last week about the breakup; 2) Rachel's father was there last night and confirmed that he did meet Adam in Vegas and told him he had picked the wrong girl. (It's in the People story.)

All the AJ ladies were off to the afterparty for the young. I went back to my hotel with really tired 'dogs.' There are some interesting R-TV stories from list night. I'll try to post some of the more interesting ones this weekend. It is "amazing" what people will tell you if you ask.

PS -- Anyone who wants the pic of Adam and Sam from last night, email me. That minimal technology magic I can handle.

[IMG]Last night Adam attended the Reality Cares Foundation event in NYC honoring Mark Burnett. Sam, Rachel and other lovely AJ ladies also attended. They were all chatting quite happily with each other--absolutely no acrimony to be seen. Adam was as many would expect, comfortable and very chatty. Samantha is far more beautiful in person than any of her pictures would suggest. At one point, she, Adam and Samantha's mother had time alone (as alone as one can be in a packed 2nd floor of Kenneth Cole at 49th and Fifth Ave). If I knew how to add a pic to this post, I would show you a photo of that moment. It is something completely spontaneous that can't be faked. The People article says they have decided to be friends. There is every reason from the conversations I heard last night for that to be true.

Two really interesting things I learned are 1) The AJ ladies have forged great friendships, Samantha and Rachel included. (In fact Samantha told Rachel last week about the breakup; 2) Rachel's father was there last night and confirmed that he did meet Adam in Vegas and told him he had picked the wrong girl. (It's in the People story.)

All the AJ ladies were off to the afterparty for the young. I went back to my hotel with really tired 'dogs.' There are some interesting R-TV stories from list night. I'll try to post some of the more interesting ones this weekend. It is "amazing" what people will tell you if you ask.

PS -- Anyone who wants the pic of Adam and Sam from last night, email me. That minimal technology magic I can handle.

+ Reply to Thread