+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rachel Goetz Fired!

Rachel Goetz Fired!

I cannot find the article online so I thought I would type up the short blurb.

Rachel Goetz, a finalist on last night's edition of "Average Joe: Adam Returns" has lost her job as a teacher because of her appearance on the show.

Goetz, 24, an elementary school teacher in Rockland County's Clarkstown school district, says she was forced to resign after the school board would not grant a 15-day leave.

By the time her request was rejected she had already left for California to go on the show.

So it looks like the sweet little angel is not so loyal and dedicated as she and her online-friends claim her to be. Rachel just up and leaves her classroom of children, how selfish eh. Oh well go figure, looks like she was the golddigger.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    While I wouldn't go as far as to call her a golddigger, she shouldn't have taken leave without permission and probably deserved to be fired.

Teaching is hard work and the kids depend on them for continuity. They need to be dependable during the school year. In return, teachers get a very generous vacation schedule.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Gimme a break. She took a risk, and it backfired. This has never happened to any of you?

I think she is a really sweet, sincere person, and I hope things work out for her.

I really liked her. I think she took the risk on love and lost unfortunetly

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE

I really liked her. I think she took the risk on love and lost unfortunetly

Her loss is only temporary. Hundreds or thousands of men will beat a path to her door, and she will be able to choose from among them. And the way she carried herself on the show indicates intelligence, which might result in some job offers too.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
    Gimme a break. She took a risk, and it backfired. This has never happened to any of you?
    Umm.. no. I haven't. I have not quit (or been "fired") because I thought I'd go on a reality show in hopes of being the chosen one. No..can't say that I have, nor ever will. I have no pity for her.

If you think about it...why did she let her job go? Was she a gold digger? Think about it....he's got the mula and she saw it as an opportunity to latch onto Adam and be 'taken' care of.
    No other reason I can think of why she would just quit her job. Maybe that's why she cried so much.... she's gotta go beg for her job back.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Maybe that's why she cried so much.... she's gotta go beg for her job back.

Thats sooo true...
    How funny that Rachel was that full of herself thinking she was going to be the final woman standing, that she just quit her job as a elementry school teacher ( the job she claims to love )
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

That's too bad about the firing. I don't blame her for going on the show a chance to do something like that doesn't come along too often. In my opinion, it's not selfish. Hopefully she'll find something else that makes her happy.

FORT Newbie
    She didn't exactly quit her job, she applied for leave, but was called to CA before they had acted on her request, and she left. She didn't know she would be asked to resign until she returned. It's not like she told them to stuff the job, she's going anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast