+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rachel Goetz Fired!

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    But when you have made a committment, you can't just leave without permission. What she did was the same as resigning.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

FORT Newbie
    In hindsight, she might as well have resigned. But resigning would have been certain, whereas applying for leave has some chance, however slight, of being approved.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    First thing I'd do is check with my work to see if it's at all possible for me to be gone for XXX amount of time. She ditched her job imo.. and that tells me alot.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Fanatic
    Looks like once again the board has become judge and jury. Do you know all the facts in the case?

Ever think that due to the timing she had to leave for the show prior to the Board making a decision about her request for leave of absence? It is quite possible (and likely) that the principal at her school told her "ok"...that the Board would approve it. Then ...for whatever reason, the Board chose not to approve the leave.

Believe me - speaking from personal experience - crap like that happens all the time. Lots of back-stabbing in the education profession.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    WHO leaves their job before they get total approval?!? To even hop a plane, train or automobile without knowing if your LEAVE OF ABSENCE is totally approved or not.. is asinine.
    Not to mention, she's leaving her class. Yea..I would want to know more about her leaving her job..cause I'm sure I'd still think the same way I am now.
    Backstabbing school system!? Wow. Oh yea...they said, "Sure Rachel, go away for XXX months..it's ok..really. It is. Go." Then decide to retract it after she leaves? That's grounds for a lawsuit!! I expect to hear about Rachel suing that backstabbing school ASAP.
    Also..how hard-up are you to just LEAVE your job in such a quandary in HOPES of snagging Adam (of all men) on national television?!?!

Finally..in regards to your "judge and jury" comment. Funny how I haven't seen you go to any other thread and argue that very same sentiment regarding Samantha. You don't think people are playing judge & jury a bit harshly towards her?!?! I have an opinion about the Puritan-Rachel, so lump it or leave it.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    WHO leaves their job before they get total approval?!? To even hop a plane, train or automobile without knowing if your LEAVE OF ABSENCE is totally approved or not.. is asinine.
    Not to mention, she's leaving her class. Yea..I would want to know more about her leaving her job..cause I'm sure I'd still think the same way I am now.
    Backstabbing school system!? Wow. Oh yea...they said, "Sure Rachel, go away for XXX months..it's ok..really. It is. Go." Then decide to retract it after she leaves? That's grounds for a lawsuit!! I expect to hear about Rachel suing that backstabbing school ASAP.
    Also..how hard-up are you to just LEAVE your job in such a quandary in HOPES of snagging Adam (of all men) on national television?!?!

Finally..in regards to your "judge and jury" comment. Funny how I haven't seen you go to any other thread and argue that very same sentiment regarding Samantha. You don't think people are playing judge & jury a bit harshly towards her?!?! I have an opinion about the Puritan-Rachel, so lump it or leave it.

Yup, with donuts!!

My mom's a teacher, she had to apply for a leave too. Anyways, the principal said yes, that shouldn't be a problem, but the school board later rejected the application. That might have been Rachel's situation. Of course, I wouldn't have left without actually getting the final approval - unless it was something urgent.

Think of it this way too...if her 'heart was in teaching' and she is in love with teaching...
    Who's to say she wouldn't abandon Adam if she was picked and another oppertunity came about. seeeeeeeee
    Life has many opportunities and you have choices, that was hers...so all you single men that are interested in Rachel...she may push you aside to jump on an opportunity.
    Get what I'm saying?
    Last edited by Zaaam; 04-07-2004 at 01:52 PM.
    leave the gun...take the canolis - The Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup
    Looks like once again the board has become judge and jury. Do you know all the facts in the case?

Ever think that due to the timing she had to leave for the show prior to the Board making a decision about her request for leave of absence? It is quite possible (and likely) that the principal at her school told her "ok"...that the Board would approve it. Then ...for whatever reason, the Board chose not to approve the leave.

Believe me - speaking from personal experience - crap like that happens all the time. Lots of back-stabbing in the education profession.

I agree with you baxpup. Rachel is the only one that knows the whole story.
    I don't see her as a gold digger. She is in my opinion very very far from it.
    I just hate how people on these boards are always so quick to judge everyone that goes on a reality show.

For anyone that posts a reply to my message. No I'm not going to quit reading the board and no I am not going to quit watching reality shows.
    This board is for us to state our opinions.
    And that is what I just did. You can either agree with me or not agree with me, that is up to you.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Curly_Hair
    For anyone that posts a reply to my message. No I'm not going to quit reading the board and no I am not going to quit watching reality shows.
    This board is for us to state our opinions.
    And that is what I just did. You can either agree with me or not agree with me, that is up to you.
    Then don't complain about it. We know we're not shown everything, and we know that they might not be the same way in real life, so we just go by what we see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast