+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's next for Average Joe?

What's next for Average Joe?

As I was watching the horrible (IMO) ending to the show last night, I thought to myself, "Oh well, now this show is three for three." :rolleyes They have proven that people (at least on tv) will always choose physical attraction over any other kind of connection. While I was not wild about Samantha, I am sure she is a decent person, and Adam has a right to choose whomever he wants, for whatever reason. But it appears from what we saw that he realized he was not ready for a serious commitment, marriage, Little League, etc. I certainly cannot imagine Samantha in the "soccer-mom" type of role. I would not be surprised if they have already broken up anyway, since it is unlikely that their relationship would thrive after she has seen that his family doesn't really like her.

My next thought was that they will probably give Rachel her own show now, if she is interested. I hope she declines and that this will be the end of the Average Joe franchise. What strikes me is that they edit the show to portray the "loser" (I use that term loosely) so favorably, that it feels like they are just trying to set up the viewers to want to see the "loser" in their own show. The only way this show can continue is if they keep recycling the past "average" contestants that the viewers have already formed an attachment to. What's next, "Average Joe: Brian Returns?" or "Average Jane: Rachel Returns"?

Any thoughts? Are you as disappointed as I am in having seen the third installment of this pathetic show? Do you feel like you were set up to be disappointed, just so that you would tune in next time to see the loser get his/her chance, yet again?
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

As for "what's next", NBC has announced a summer run of "Plain Jane", which is based on, and produced by the same company as, Average Joe.

They have not yet announced who Jane is, though.

They had Adam and the five finalists on one of the morning talk shows (and they didn't spoil it by telling who he picked). Adam was asked, (paraphrasing), "So Adam, you claim you are in love? How is it for the two of you to watch this show with you being close and kissing the other girls?". So? Apparently Adam is in love. (Or at least part of his anatomy is in love.... ). This show was BEFORE the show last night (not this morning, of course).

SingleGal

FORT Regular
    Yes I am disappointed and I say no more.. I will not watch Brian Worths, Rachels or whomever they may decide to bring for the fourth show. They will just end doing the exact same thing than the person who dumped them. What does that tell about human nature?

I have to say that I am done with this show. Three for three is not much of a record. Adam, who I felt for at the end of Average Joe 1, only proved that he is NOT looking for a long-term relationship (just as Melana proved when she dumped him). If NBC thinks their editing and crappy endings will continue to entice viewers, they will only find ratings dwindling as they continue to run this show into the ground.
    Also, Adam has obviously never dated someone who worships their dog! His comments on the finale about little princess Chloe would be grounds for pre-marital divorce for someone like Samantha. I would love to be a fly on the wall when she hears/sees those comments. Chloe is running the show in Samantha World.

I think he should dance

Being a new user, the posting filters are flagging my link. So type this:

dicksonvideo (dot) com (slash) media (slash) freak-dancer.mov

(Requires Quicktime 6.5 or higher)

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Who cares who Adam picked...who cares if they bring in more installments of this show...who REALLY gets that invested in these stupid shows anyway?!!?

I don't. So, it wouldn't break my heart to watch another AJoe or AJane. I find them all very funny to watch, especially when everyone gets all "up in arms" over the losers/winners.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Who cares who Adam picked...who cares if they bring in more installments of this show...who REALLY gets that invested in these stupid shows anyway?!!?

I don't. So, it wouldn't break my heart to watch another AJoe or AJane. I find them all very funny to watch, especially when everyone gets all "up in arms" over the losers/winners.
    keeping the masses in a state of bland agitation is good for business. when everyone feels ok, they won't buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno

Its not who he picked that bothers me, he has to date Samantha - not me. What irritates me is the set-up. I mean, the producers know who the winner is, and then the whole finale is edited so "good-girl vs. bad-girl", that I couldn't help but feel that the producers intention was that we would root for Rachel, and feel sorry for her when she got let down at the end (setting us up to watch her on the next show). Going into the finale, I had no preference among the women and only followed the show half-heartedly because I was impressed with Adam from the first show.

It is certainly my own fault for watching this crap and thinking that maybe this show would be different, with the whole "average" factor thrown in. I had hoped that for once, the person wouldn't choose based on physical attraction. I don't know why I bother...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    I had hoped that for once, the person wouldn't choose based on physical attraction. I don't know why I bother...
    I think it's totally ok that people pick partners based on physical attraction. It's alot easier to find someone who you'd be compatible with by simply looking up and down instead of having them take an IQ test. Dontcha think?
    Worked for me..and luckily she's smart as a whip too!!

I dunno...it just gets annoying that people think that the "sexy" people are all shallow, meaningless, gold-digging jackasses, and the overweight, unattractive, slothy people are the only one's with feelings and compassion.
    How stereotypical.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast