+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's next for Average Joe?

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    No! I do not get emotionally, financially or any other way "invested" in these shows OTHER than watching them, having an opinion and posting them here.
    Dang, Maveno! That must mean you have a life! Wow...wish I knew where to get one of those. Me, I get emotionally wrapped up - upset for the losers - ticked off when Mr/Ms got-there-show picks the person I didn't like...etc, etc. I wish I didn't get so addicted to these shows though. I do, however, realize that I don't know any of these people or what they went through. I don't lose sleep over any of the contestants (well, unless you count Brian Worth...I really liked that guy and felt so bad for him when he didn't). Like I said...I need a life
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by marimekko
    The history of these shows is that they "build up" the loser as the "right choice" and the winner is the "evil/no substance" type of person. I guess most people think with black and white terms so it is very easy for a network to do that. This type of editing also allows them to bring back the loser who was "robbed". I especially am not interested in seeing Brian Worth returns. I think it would another round of Adam returns revisited.
    Most people now consider these series of shows as somewhat "fake", due to all the manipulative editing. I think the only way this series of shows will be successful in the future is if they air live action, unedited. I don't know how they could do that and fit it into the primetime slots though--but that's the only way it'd be believable/watchable now. I imagine viewership dropped dramatically for Average Joe Adam and that's why they truncated the series. P.S. Absolutely NO WAY would I watch an Average Joe Brian returns. He has advertised his shallowness so many times...he was NOT very endearing. I doubt fan letters were pouring in, if you get my drift.

Just to clear things up, NBC didn't "truncate the series". Right from the initial planning stages of the show, it was intended to only be 4 episodes long.

And ratings weren't bad at all for the third series of this show, considering factors such as night, time slot, network, lead-in, and the fact that it's the 3rd in a series.

Almost all reality shows are "fake" and have a lot of "manupulative editing". It doesn't really seem to diminish enjoyment or viewership of the show, in almost all cases.

Thanks for clearing that up John...i thought this show was just as entertaining as the previous 2 AJ's...the stunts to me are what keeps the viewer who wouldn't normally watch these dating shows involved.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123