+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's next for Average Joe?

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I dunno...it just gets annoying that people think that the "sexy" people are all shallow, meaningless, gold-digging jackasses, and the overweight, unattractive, slothy people are the only one's with feelings and compassion.
    How stereotypical.
    I don't feel that way at all, although I have certainly seen those views expressed before. The way the heavyset AJs behaved when they were choosing the "hot girls" proves that just because you are not a "hottie" doesn't make you a nice guy. But also, for the record, I don't find Rachel unattractive at all. I didn't think either of the final two was especially stunning however. Christine was probably the most typically good-looking girl of the final five, IMO.

I don't blame Adam for his choice. Only two people involved in a relationship can ever really know what exists between them.

The point that I was trying to make was that last night's show painted a picture of good girl/bad girl - leaning heavily towards showing the loser in a positive light and the winner in a negative light. In reality, I am sure that both girls have more positive and negative qualities than we have seen - we all know that the way reality shows are edited can be very biased. I just wonder why the show would choose to air so many comments from Adam like "Sam is so hot" to make it look like that is the only reason he picked her.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

For those who didn't understand

If you want to see a Quicktime-based excerpt of Adam Mesh doing his Golf-Cart-Goes-In-The-Water Dance, type in the link from my prior posting, but replace (dot) with a period and (slash) with a forward-slash and, of course, eliminate all intervening spaces.

Thanks for the link AVGuy. That clip makes me laugh!! His reaction is so strange, throwing the golf club and falling on the ground. I think THAT is the real Adam Mesh.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave

The point that I was trying to make was that last night's show painted a picture of good girl/bad girl - leaning heavily towards showing the loser in a positive light and the winner in a negative light. In reality, I am sure that both girls have more positive and negative qualities than we have seen - we all know that the way reality shows are edited can be very biased. I just wonder why the show would choose to air so many comments from Adam like "Sam is so hot" to make it look like that is the only reason he picked her.
    THe history of this show shows that they want to "build up" the loser. The loser is the "right and better" choice whereas the winner has no substance.
    I think they are doing it for the future episodes. The underdog returns so to speak. I especially don't want to see Brian Worth return and wouldn't watch.
    It would be just another episode of Adam returns revisited.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave

The history of these shows is that they "build up" the loser as the "right choice" and the winner is the "evil/no substance" type of person. I guess most people think with black and white terms so it is very easy for a network to do that. This type of editing also allows them to bring back the loser who was "robbed". I especially am not interested in seeing Brian Worth returns. I think it would another round of Adam returns revisited.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    As for "what's next", NBC has announced a summer run of "Plain Jane", which is based on, and produced by the same company as, Average Joe.

They have not yet announced who Jane is, though.
    Sounds Good. I hope they have Rachel, but she is FAR from a plain jane

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    who REALLY gets that invested in these stupid shows anyway?!!?
    You mean you dont???

This show, from AJ1 to AJAR, was mostly a bad joke. The main purpose of the show is to make someone look bad. I took it for what it is and was never into it. Hopefully it has run its course. Three bad jokes are enough for me..
    Snark with the best
    Die like the rest

FORT Newbie
    I'm also very disappointed that Adam choose Sam and that the better person always loses. I like this show though because it's a good indicator of what people are really like when it comes to dating. I'm looking forward to a plain jane series, only I hope it's a show with a hot guy and a bunch of plain women. I heard that Adam Returns was supposed to have plain women, but most of the women were either average or good looking, with maybe 2 or 3 exceptions, they were not nearly as bad as the guys from Average Joe 1 and 2.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    You mean you dont???
    No! I do not get emotionally, financially or any other way "invested" in these shows OTHER than watching them, having an opinion and posting them here.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast