+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is Adam's Mother to blame for his choice?

Is Adam's Mother to blame for his choice?

Hi, newbie here! I wanted to ask if anyone thought what I thought? When Adam's mother got all sentimental and cried at the thought of losing Adam to another woman (which was quite touching), did you notice how "rattled" Adam became. He even said she never did that before--"cried like that". Maybe it shocked Adam into realizing how **if he chose a serious relationship**, a "marrying type girl", "MOM and DAD approved (to tears) girl", it was FOR REAL. Maybe his mom scared him into going into a non-commital type--hence, Samantha (the pooch-dressing, Demi Moore Wannabe, Material Maybelline Girl)? Ya know, boys don't wanna make their mom's cry? What do you think? SingleGal

No question about it. Mom scared the hell out of him.

I mean, what was all that crap he was saying to Rachel about *passion*? Let's see how passionate he feels about Samantha after a year of carrying her dog around in a quilted pink satin bag and trailing behind her while she shops. Puh-leeze.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I think he picked Samantha because, despite his proclamations otherwise, he was not in this to find the girl to marry. He was in this looking to find a girl to date. I never saw sparks with Rachel, and thought that the comments from the family that she would take care of him actually pushed him away from her. He wasn't looking for someone to take care of him.

LOL AverageJane!!!!! That dog was so whacked! And full of gas???? What the heck was that all about? Talk about crazy! Adam ditches a singlemom and adopts a high-maintenance, clothes wearing dog! Oh, yeah, and the real dog too, Chloe. <---Adam's morning ritual (checking for wet spots on the floor).

SingleGal

MBCrowder, I thought he wanted a long-term (perhaps wifely, husbandly) relationship!! Darn! I had him pegged wrong. Maybe he wants to keep his mom around to cater to his emotional needs (both his parents stated Adam was very emotional), and have Samantha to play daddy to the dog and play "come to daddy" with Samantha. Weird. I think Adam will have another reality series: Adam Does Divorce Court, wherein Chloe (the dog) requires $25,000.00 a week dog-support and Samantha wants 3/4 of everything Adam's worth, will be worth, may have been worth, could be worth.

SingleGal

FORT Newbie

Trophy

Adamn clearly wanted a trophy. Someone to put his arm around.

Envoynv, I agree. But why did we have to suffer through weeks of him doing what any rich man can easily do? Any rich man can find a "trophy"! It takes alot to find someone with virtues, values, substance. If he wanted a poodle bearing self-proclaimed "princess", all he had to do was hang out at a "Patsy's Poodle Parlor for Neurotic Dog Owners".

SingleGal

Quote Originally Posted by envoynv
    Adamn clearly wanted a trophy. Someone to put his arm around.

Not for nothing but, she was more like a 5th place trinket.

FORT Newbie
    I started watching the show because after the first average Joe I really liked Adam....after watching him have his own show I changed my mind. He was acting like Samantha was some hot girl...I didn't see anything attracive about her. I am 23 years old and she looks old enough to be my Mom. Also, did anyone else notice the outfit she was wearing when he cut the girls from five down to two...who picked that out Elton John? Oh wait no, his clothes are just ugly, it would have covered her entire butt if she would have asked for his help. Anyway, I don't think anyone should feel sorry for him anymore...so what he didn't get picked? When he had the chance to make it right he did the same thing to someone else that had been to him. All he wants is a girl flat on her back...and maybe some freaky little farting dog to dress.

Quote Originally Posted by SingleGal
    Hi, newbie here! I wanted to ask if anyone thought what I thought? When Adam's mother got all sentimental and cried at the thought of losing Adam to another woman (which was quite touching), did you notice how "rattled" Adam became. He even said she never did that before--"cried like that". Maybe it shocked Adam into realizing how **if he chose a serious relationship**, a "marrying type girl", "MOM and DAD approved (to tears) girl", it was FOR REAL. Maybe his mom scared him into going into a non-commital type--hence, Samantha (the pooch-dressing, Demi Moore Wannabe, Material Maybelline Girl)? Ya know, boys don't wanna make their mom's cry? What do you think? SingleGal
    I agree.I think what scared Adam was that if he picked Rachel, the mom would have started planning the wedding! He does want a wife, kids, little league, but unfortunately, not with Rachel. His mom maybe helped him realized this. So he took the easy way out, probably knowing that it won't last, but at least he won't be walking down the isle anytime soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast