+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Is Adam's Mother to blame for his choice?

FORT Newbie

Parents will be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Juls
    Wonder how Samantha felt after watching Adam's parents reaction to her on TV last night .... next time they all get together that will be one tense meeting.
    Normally when you bring a girl home, the parents have an opinion, but that opinion is usually kept private. In this case, there was nothing private about their opinions of the women and yes this will cause huge problems in the future. Though Adam was too much of a dunce to realize that. Anyone with half a brain would have realized that these comments would come out and that if he went with her (which he did) that this will cause some DEEP wounds that are hard to heal (they may never heal).

He should have paid better attention to his parents. I am NOT saying that he should do what they say simply because they say it. But they had a perspetive from a distance that he lacked. But who cares - he made the right choice. The right choice is to let the other girl go to find a real man and for him to live with his decision that I am 100% sure he will live to regret.

As children, we often develop an aversion to foods our mother says is good for us, such as steamed vegetables. Many of us carry this psychological aversion well into adulthood.

Therefore, Adam's mom should have used reverse psychology or at least not interfere as much if she really wanted Rachel to win. Because the more mom lobbied for Rachel, the less attractive Rachel became in Adam's eyes.
    Last edited by Bill747; 04-09-2004 at 03:39 AM.
    "The greatest myth in the world is that beauty equals goodness." Leo Tolstoy

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitrabbit
    Poor Adam he made his choice with his "teeney weenie head"... But give the guy a break he had his "15++++" minutes of fame and now has his "hottie with a gas-filled doggie". Think his Mom knows that Adam was just out for the fling and she knew that Rachael was the real thing and she didn't want him to lose out on a someone that would be a perfect match for him now and in the future..... Sorry I haven't kept up with this series but when I look at Adam it reminds me of the saying of "A face that only a mother could love..." I wonder how long before he tires of spending all his money on his high maintainance choice.....

(so hard I was in tears!)
    ITA!!

I could hardly watch the girls when they visited at Adam's house -- I was so fascinated with how much Adam and his dad look alike. Same nose, same smile, same forehead, same face shape. It was a little eerie. Adam has hair now . . .but in the future, it seems there is a good chance he'll be bald.

Moms was a bit crazy -- me thinks she's in full throes of menopause -- all b**tchy one minute, crying the next, geez. Did anyone else notice poor Dad kept quiet when Moms got going on her lil' rage -- he's probably learned the hard way to just let it blow itself out.

And sis? Couldn't she have worn some make-up if she knew she was going to be on T.V?

By the way, I really thought Sam was the 'older woman' of the crowd -- she looks mid-30's. When Adam chose her, I thought, "Guess he likes older, experienced women." Imagine my surprise to find she's in her early 20's. She is a pretty gal (I thought most of the girls were), but as for Adam continuing to claim what a "hottie" she is -- her figure wasn't the greatest one there, especially noticeable from back view in her tight dress as she walked up the plane steps.
    I got chills; they're multiplying . . .and I'm losing control, 'cuz the power you're supplying -- it's electrifying!

[QUOTE=Starby]By the way, I really thought Sam was the 'older woman' of the crowd -- she looks mid-30's. When Adam chose her, I thought, "Guess he likes older, experienced women." Imagine my surprise to find she's in her early 20's. QUOTE]

It's the tan. She's prematurely aged her skin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456