+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is Adam's Mother to blame for his choice?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by EGL SCT
    Just a side note: I went to College with Jennifer Lifshitz...though i knew she wouldn't win.

My wife and I were very dissapointed in Adams choice....as many of you. We thought that his mom and dad would help make Adam realize that Rach is the one for him....they didn't do a very good job. If i was his dad i would talked bad about Sam more
    Are you crazy! Adam's Dad wants to see flesh strolling through the house too! He's just older and more subtle about his drolling :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by rowboat
    Are you crazy! Adam's Dad wants to see flesh strolling through the house too! He's just older and more subtle about his drolling :rolleyes
    hahah true, but i would also want to see some one real...Sams aint real...nuff said

FORT Regular
    Poor Adam he made his choice with his "teeney weenie head"... But give the guy a break he had his "15++++" minutes of fame and now has his "hottie with a gas-filled doggie". Think his Mom knows that Adam was just out for the fling and she knew that Rachael was the real thing and she didn't want him to lose out on a someone that would be a perfect match for him now and in the future..... Sorry I haven't kept up with this series but when I look at Adam it reminds me of the saying of "A face that only a mother could love..." I wonder how long before he tires of spending all his money on his high maintainance choice.....

Poor Moms!! They get blamed for everything. Adam is a big boy. I think he made his own decision. He was upset that his family wasn't on the same page as he was, but he still chose who he wanted. He had the hots for Sam from their first date together. I just hope Adam realizes Samantha ALWAYS comes first, Chloe second and Adam last.
    Last edited by Betelgeuse; 04-06-2004 at 04:28 PM.

originally posted by rabbitrabbit
    Poor Adam he made his choice with his "teeney weenie head"...

I think he probably made his own decision, not that I agree with it.
    I think his parents pegged both ladies exactly but Adam couldn't see what everyone else saw.

oh well Adam is the one that has to live with his decision.

sorry I goofed on the quote part.........I'll get it right next time.

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer
    I have to agree with the "Mom scared the hell out of him" opinion. I don't think that many guys would be hot for a girl that mom cried and gushed over. At least not the first time they brought her home.
    I'm a Mom..and there is no way I would do what Adam's Mom did. First of all, there if I give an opinion, there is the risk that my kid will do the exact opposite just to show their independence. Second, if I chose one over another -- how would I ever explain things if the decision were a bad one?? I like my kids thinking I know everything I keep it that way by expressing strong preferences on only things I really know (asking my son not to get facial piercings has really increased his chances getting a job, for instance). I would never want the responsibility of being the one to chose my kids mate.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitrabbit
    Poor Adam he made his choice with his "teeney weenie head"... But give the guy a break he had his "15++++" minutes of fame and now has his "hottie with a gas-filled doggie". Think his Mom knows that Adam was just out for the fling and she knew that Rachael was the real thing and she didn't want him to lose out on a someone that would be a perfect match for him now and in the future..... Sorry I haven't kept up with this series but when I look at Adam it reminds me of the saying of "A face that only a mother could love..." I wonder how long before he tires of spending all his money on his high maintainance choice.....

I couldnt have said it better myself.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiCee
    I'm a Mom..and there is no way I would do what Adam's Mom did. First of all, there if I give an opinion, there is the risk that my kid will do the exact opposite just to show their independence. Second, if I chose one over another -- how would I ever explain things if the decision were a bad one?? I like my kids thinking I know everything I keep it that way by expressing strong preferences on only things I really know (asking my son not to get facial piercings has really increased his chances getting a job, for instance). I would never want the responsibility of being the one to chose my kids mate.
    Though I am not a mother, I have something to add to that on why I wouldnt put myself where Adam's mom did.

I hope the Mom realized that Adam may pick the other girl, and what will the other girl think of her, after all the bashing she did. Sam obviously saw what the mother said, and is probably not that thrilled.

I think Easter is going to be a very strange holiday when Adam brings Sam home.

Sorry for the triple post, but I know if I were Adam, and my mom put me in that situation, which I know she would, I would have part of me saying, pick the other girl, I want to prove mom wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast