+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is Adam's Mother to blame for his choice?

FORT Newbie

Unbaweavable

I am so disappointed in all the Average Joes thus far..they have all picked people who are TROPHIES if you ask me, so glad you did. It's just really sad.

As for Adam, I could sock him, you would think that after all he had been through, he would have a better sense of what the show was about and for. He turned around and did the exact thing to Rachel. She shouldn't be too heartbroken she's got a lot going for her, and this experience will pass.

Can't wait to read in US "Average Joe gets dumped by Paris Hilton wantabe"
    More Real TV

Let's look at it this way...the dude should have never had this show to begin with. I didn't mind watching him on Average Joe, but watching him for the last four weeks drool and slobber all over these relatively nice girls was way too much for me. By last night, I could have cared less who he picked. The fact of the matter is these girls all knew what they were getting into and Adam didn't when he did his show.

I'm just wondering why he picked Rachel to go into the finals with Sam? Was it to give his parents something to ooh and aah about? Was it because he thought of all the girls left, she would take it best? I think the better ending is if he would have have chosen Sam's best friend to stay for the final 2. Now that would have been entertainment!
    Last edited by Amanda; 04-07-2004 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Removed quoted deleted post only

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkscars
    I started watching the show because after the first average Joe I really liked Adam....after watching him have his own show I changed my mind. He was acting like Samantha was some hot girl...I didn't see anything attracive about her. I am 23 years old and she looks old enough to be my Mom. Also, did anyone else notice the outfit she was wearing when he cut the girls from five down to two...who picked that out Elton John? Oh wait no, his clothes are just ugly, it would have covered her entire butt if she would have asked for his help. Anyway, I don't think anyone should feel sorry for him anymore...so what he didn't get picked? When he had the chance to make it right he did the same thing to someone else that had been to him. All he wants is a girl flat on her back...and maybe some freaky little farting dog to dress.
    Wow, I wish I knew as much about people I don't know as you do....

Nothing about that girl Sam seemed very interesting or attractive. i did think that Rachel was a bit TOO much of a homebody, but of the two that were left i would have picked her. That other girl just seemed really shallow (at least how they portrayed her on tv) All she talked about was that dog and shopping at Barneys. Did he really need to go on TV to find a girl like that?

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Apparently so.

Did all of these women have to go on a show to find a man like him!? That's the real question....
    He's a shlub.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    Did all of these women have to go on a show to find a man like him!? That's the real question....
    He's a shlub.
    Exactly! I can see a few of them showing up there to seek the man of their dreams, but it was clear that the majority of those broads were there for the exposure...including Sam. She said as much herself. If Adam couldn't figure out what this girl was about, then he's a bigger dork than I give him credit for. It's hard to keep in mind that editors have a lot to do with how we perceive people. Maybe we just didn't get to see the negative side of Rachel. I did notice that he had a harder time kissing her than he did Sam. Even though he sounded like she would be gone because of the doggie date, I had a feeling that he would pick her after their date in New York. I'm just glad it's over.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    What he said to Rachel when they sat down to dinner in the museum sounded a lot like the start of a breakup speech.

Adam does seem shallow, but I don't get the impression that in his mind, he made the choice for the wrong reasons. He thinks Samantha represents his best opportunity for a long-term relationship.

And don't forget that the show is carefully produced. For whatever reason, NBC likes to emphasize the postives in the second-place contestant and the negatives in the winner.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Just a side note: I went to College with Jennifer Lifshitz...though i knew she wouldn't win.

My wife and I were very dissapointed in Adams choice....as many of you. We thought that his mom and dad would help make Adam realize that Rach is the one for him....they didn't do a very good job. If i was his dad i would talked bad about Sam more

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog
    For whatever reason, NBC likes to emphasize the postives in the second-place contestant and the negatives in the winner.
    This is the point I am trying to make in another thread as well. My theory is that it is so they can keep recycling contestants and get us to watch. It makes me feel very manipulated. Yuck.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

FORT Newbie
    Is Mom to blame? Oh Yeah! Every girl friend our two sons ever dated and got "Mom-grilled" were gone in sixty seconds! All Moms with boys want daughter-in-laws to be "best Buds". Women know this! Sam's "like-I'm-like-so-like-duh hard sell to Adam's Mom was targeting this too.
    But Mom didn't want to be seen at the mall with a "hussy". Adam, in the end, played the male role-when in doubt go for the hubba-hubba especially if it ticks off your Mom.
    She'll still bake you cookies.

Is it time for Average Jane-Cancun? Give Rachel the hunks to choose from and then throw in David, Brian, and Sean, Fredo and Tony.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast