+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is Adam's Mother to blame for his choice?

nob
    FORT Newbie
    uh...i think he had his mind made up before even going home...if anything, his mom's reaction made him briefly second guess his decision.

I have to agree with the "Mom scared the hell out of him" opinion. I don't think that many guys would be hot for a girl that mom cried and gushed over. At least not the first time they brought her home.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Fan
    No, Adam already made up his mind when he brought the two girls home. He said "I have already made up my mind about who to pick". If his mom liked the girls equally, he wouldn't have to rethink about his decision. So his family's talk with Adam actually gave Rachel a chance. Adam had to rethink his decision and all..

nob
    FORT Newbie
    He and his mom did seem to be pretty close, though. I think he did respect how they felt, but ultimately went with his own choice.

BTW lavender, what you said is exactly what I meant.

Yeah... I think Adam felt trapped and smothered when his parents and Rachel got along so well. When he was doing his "soul-searching," he even said that he knew Rachel was ready for a family, but that if he chose Samantha, it would take them lots more time to be ready for a family. If he's not ready, it's best that he didn't waste (any more of) Rachel's time.

Adam's appeal is based largely on his boyishness and naivete. Not surprisingly, this is a weakness for him as well. So, let him sow his wild average-joe oats with a woman who has anthromorhized her farting dog into a daughter-figure. And let Rachel find a man who's ready to settle down and coach little league. She deserves a man who doesn't consider it "settling for less passion" to commit to her.

Wonder how Samantha felt after watching Adam's parents reaction to her on TV last night .... next time they all get together that will be one tense meeting.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Maybe he had more fun and was more attracted to Samantha.
    Seriously..the other girl was an immature cling-on that would totally be a buzzkill with anything you'd wanna do.

I think he picked the right one, and if mom had a hand in the decision ... I doubt it.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I wasn't surprised that he picked Sam (although Rachel was my choice). If you remember from the first AJ, someone had posted pics of Adam partying in the Hamptons. I don't think he's as simple and homebody as we make him out to believe. Me thinks he needed that trophy for the upcoming party season on Long Island.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

nob
    FORT Newbie
    I don't know why everyone thinks Sam was so hot. Hell, I'd take Rachel over Sam even if all I was looking for was a trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by nob
    I don't know why everyone thinks Sam was so hot. Hell, I'd take Rachel over Sam even if all I was looking for was a trophy.
    Well, I'm a gal and not personally interested in either of them, but I agree. I don't think Sam's looks were anything special at all - it was all clothes and makeup. Put them both in sweat pants without any makeup and then tell me who is prettier...

And anyone who dresses up their dog in clothes on a regular basis needs to have their head examined...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast