+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253 LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 529

Thread: 4/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers until 2am**

  1. #511
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Candybar
    So how did you really feel about that?

    Seriously, it is a tv show. It's okay for people to be different. Sorry to see you so upset. Do you know Rachel? It seems this pushed lots of buttons for you.
    Not upset, just ranting & raving after seeing that show. Don't know Rachel but she seems like a nice girl. Just amazed at Adam's poor taste in women. Obviously he's not looking for a serious relationship. But if he's gonna go for the trophy girl, at least get someone who's decent looking.

  2. #512
    Apple obsessed goddess Tangerinejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Ontario, canada
    Age
    28
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by girllostname
    I'm happy he picked Sam!! You know why? My nine year old daughter got a wonderful lesson tonight as to how piggish MEN are!
    She kept on saying that he is going to pick Rachael because she is so smart, good with children, beautiful and his parents love her. I looked at her and said, "I would bet you your months allowance that he picks the money hungry, slut (I said it G rated.LOL) who probably only got into college because her daddy was connected." Sure enough I don't have to pay this months allowance.
    My daughter is a beautiful girl who I've tried to teach that beauty isn't everything and that you need to be intelligent, nurturing and loyal. I told her that Rachael was to good for Adam and that in the end he'll learn after he's paying alimony for two kids who are with the nanny because they never see the slut(once again G rated) mother who is off spending his money on dogs cloths! I explained that she is typical of so many "girls" who want a man with money and know how to melt them in her hand. She is like a black widow spider who after she get's what she wants she kills him!
    For all you men out in web land I have a question for you.......When well you learn?!!

    As much as I agree with you, I as a woman have to say that girls aren't that much better. (For one thing, I dont get along with girls very well, but that's besides the point) On the previous two Average Joe's, Larissa and Melana chose the models. I dont think it's a gender thing, as much as it is a people thing. Anyone can be shallow. It's sad, that we live in a world where we have to be "beautiful" and live up to society's standards or else we're an outcast.

    Rachel seemed like a nice girl, Sam seemed like a gold digger. However one thing that bothered me is how Rachel kept saying "Sam is there for the wrong reasons" and she acted as if, She was the right choice, and picking Sam showed no class. that's ridiculous.

    Adam, I liked him while he was on AJ1, but now he just looks... like a total goof.

    That's my two cents.

  3. #513
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066
    I disagree with a bunch of people from above that said it was all done through editing. That can't all be true, because if a couple is really passionate about one another on these shows then it's too obvious and they try to cut out almost all of the person the main bach likes. We saw almost no Ian, no Gil, no Ryan, no Jen when they were on all their respective shows. However, we DID see a lot of Samantha, and almost no of Rachel, why? Because that's who Samantha really is. Does she not shop for her dog? Did she not look sickened with his kisses? Did she not say "why need conversation when you can kiss?" Did we not see a clip of them in the plane not holding each other, but making out? That's who she is, even the best editors can't give you that.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  4. #514
    FORT Fan smartycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by joewhoo
    There must be a shortage of raspy-voiced bar skanks in NYC, which is what made Skamantha such a treasure. And to hear her criticize other girls for being "trailer trash"... takes one to know one! Maybe it's her trashy '80's-era heavy-metal-groupie makeup job that screams "I slept with Van Halen". Or maybe it's her bad legs with no shape to them whatseoever and her busting out of a clingy short skirt and clothes that are one size too small. Or maybe it's her outdated Barbie-pink fashion sense and her fluffy clothes-wearing poodle. Or maybe the fact that not one intelligent word came out of her mouth the entire show. The words "No Class" just sum it all up. No-Class Adam meets his perfect match. Good luck and good riddance to both of them! Adam is getting exactly the girl that he deserves... getting what's coming to him, so to speak. Just wait 'til she sees the last show and what he really thinks about that sweater-wearing poodle!



    That fits my sentiments exactly

  5. #515
    FORT Fogey AIWANNABE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Big Brother House
    Posts
    9,833
    Just finished watching the season finale and I thought I would post my final thoughts.

    First of all I believe Average Joe is one of the more better put together reality shows, and has all the twists and turns at exactly the right place. Though what the show does is good, I find myself believing 3 seasons out of the 3 the 'selector' selected the wrong person each time.

    I do believe it is the editing that makes everyone think that he/she will go with the opposite person, but there must have been a connection, or they had thought. The other two shows didnt work out for the final 2 and I doubt this one will as well.

    I found Samantha extremely annoying on their first date. I found her to be exactly how the mom discribed her, fake. While I found Rachel to be a dream girl with everything going for her.

    I think Adam chose Sam for the fact that she is high fasion, she was very needy of attention, and that he was the girl he couldnt have. I feel like she was using him, and he will realize that.

    I was upset with Adam in the fact that I expected him to go with the life long mate and not just the fling even after he said he would. I dont think the relationship will last because that annoying dog Choloe will get in the way.

    I just wanted to end by saying-Good luck to Sam, Adam, and Choloe.

    PS Adam and his dad are clones!

  6. #516
    Texas LunaNegra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    32
    Pssst.. Sam...

    Those women who ARE truly classy and sophisticated NEVER have to say it.

    The fact that you kept making those pronouncements at ever turn, exemplified just how classy you are truely are NOT.

    Adam and Sam BOTH have some very serious issues, different ones albeit, but man are they are so obvious.

  7. #517
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5

    What You Don't Know

    Quote Originally Posted by joewhoo
    Not upset, just ranting & raving after seeing that show. Don't know Rachel but she seems like a nice girl. Just amazed at Adam's poor taste in women. Obviously he's not looking for a serious relationship. But if he's gonna go for the trophy girl, at least get someone who's decent looking.
    Man, you really went on a tangent.....I know Samantha and she is so far from what was protrayed on the show, producers did that on purpose. The words skank, golddigger, and all the negativity that has been flying all over the place is not what Sam is about at all. People- remember they make characters out of these people!!!

  8. #518
    FORT Fogey AIWANNABE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Big Brother House
    Posts
    9,833
    Quote Originally Posted by ritzgirl
    Man, you really went on a tangent.....I know Samantha and she is so far from what was protrayed on the show, producers did that on purpose. The words skank, golddigger, and all the negativity that has been flying all over the place is not what Sam is about at all. People- remember they make characters out of these people!!!
    We realize this, that shows are edited to cast people in certain roles, and thats the only thing we have to go by. As you know they cant edit a golddigger or slut in. Sam went on the show understanding that some people may not like her, and we here at the FORT are entitled to have our opinions, no matter what they are, good or bad.

  9. #519
    I'm the only one like me. Alien_Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Toronto, CANADA!
    Posts
    8
    Last I checked this wasn't a chat room =P
    GO LEAFS GO!

  10. #520
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5

    Funny.....

    Quote Originally Posted by girllostname
    I'm happy he picked Sam!! You know why? My nine year old daughter got a wonderful lesson tonight as to how piggish MEN are!
    She kept on saying that he is going to pick Rachael because she is so smart, good with children, beautiful and his parents love her. I looked at her and said, "I would bet you your months allowance that he picks the money hungry, slut (I said it G rated.LOL) who probably only got into college because her daddy was connected." Sure enough I don't have to pay this months allowance.
    My daughter is a beautiful girl who I've tried to teach that beauty isn't everything and that you need to be intelligent, nurturing and loyal. I told her that Rachael was to good for Adam and that in the end he'll learn after he's paying alimony for two kids who are with the nanny because they never see the slut(once again G rated) mother who is off spending his money on dogs cloths! I explained that she is typical of so many "girls" who want a man with money and know how to melt them in her hand. She is like a black widow spider who after she get's what she wants she kills him!
    For all you men out in web land I have a question for you.......When well you learn?!!
    Funny how you want to teach your daughter valuable lessons......Whether G Rated or not, describing Sam as a slut compared to Rachel is pretty hypocritical don't ya think? Teach your daughter it's good to get out there and have fun dating to find out what you want, that way, they end up with who they really want to versus who their parents wants them to be with, (hint hint). Also, she is 24 and Adam is young too, good for them to be together, have fun, have all the sex they want, and live it up. Who said they had to be married after the 4 week show! I know Sam, she is none of the horrible things you have said about her......You're one of many to write negative things, it's obvious people will write bad stuff, but you're a mom, and to bring that into your comments sucks. PS- producers edit things a whole lot, what you saw of Sam is no where close to the person she really is.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.