+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: 4/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers until 2am**

Dang, if that dog scenario didn't scare him off he's dumber than I thought. Samantha's going to keep him on a tight leash and call the shots. Hope he enjoys it.

So is Rachel next on the bandwagon?

Waiting..for the wolves Great Pyr's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure Adam's mother was once upon a time a little high maintenance
    herself. I'm guessing that wasn't her original nose.
    A terrible beauty is born

Crystal Allen

Adam Made the Right Choice

I am going to be in the minority and say that I really respect Adam for his choice. His final 'confessional' was very telling in that he said he was doing the show to find love, and that he would not be true to himself or either of the girls if he just chose who his family wanted. I also thought it was VERY telling when he asked Rachel about 'passion' and what he seemed to mean was just what he said at the elimination 'you're perfect, but we're not perfect for each other' because 'passion' was missing.

And don't get me wrong, I hated Samantha. I thought she was phoney, very shallow and selfish, not to mention boring and annoying. But that's not the point, Adam said something along the lines of that when he wasn't around her, he though about her and when he was with her, he just wanted to hold her tighter and tighter. That is what he was looking for.

How many of us [especially those of us older than around late 20's] have seen the outcome of the guy picking the girl who is sweet, nurturing, loved by the parents, etc. but with whom the man 'lacks passion' but picks her because she is so right and so perfect in every way? Sadly, in many cases the guy winds up having affairs or leaving his oh so perfect wife for a woman he just wants to hold tighter and tighter.

Hmm, yeah I heard Adam say that about following his heart, he can't stop thinking about Samantha, yadda, yadda. He was desperately *not* saying what was on his mind, which was an adolescent repulsion for the girl his parents like, and terror that he might be stuck in a real relationship. His panic attack in his parents house was pretty telling.

And I just can't get past the dog thing. If he can't stand how she treats her dog, why does he think he'll like the way she treats him?

I think the only wisdom in choosing Samantha is that she doesn't look like Adam's mom (the resemblence with Rachel is uncanny).

Crystal Allen

Adam did care what his parents thought....

that's why he was in so much turmoil. He said outright that he was going to choose Samantha until his parents _hated_ her so much and like Rachel. He really did care what they thought. But what was also really telling [and what I HATED about Adam was] when he said that if he was picking a wife and mother of his kids, he'd pick Rachel but he picked somebody fun to hang out with. While I respect him for his honesty, I hate when men announce that certain women are 'marriage material' and others are not. There are NOT 2 types of women. It's been said in many ways that men should treat whores like ladies and ladies like whores; and that many 'whore' types are looking to be loved and many 'ladies' are looking for a man to treat them as sexual beings.

looks like another Avg Joe season finale broke a record

i think it was 7-800 people on this thread last night, and a bunch of people registered

but about the show, noone should be suprised at the outcome

bottom line is that you select someone that makes you happy, if he woulda picked Rachel it woulda been unfair to her when he was more attracted to Samantha

Adam's situation is ALOT different imo than Melena and Larissa, these 2 broads was the one's talking about personality and not being about looks yada yada and then they picked the dudes with NO personality and "good looks" ....OTOH Adam was just looking for a woman (not to marry or anything, just a woman) he never said anything about he wants personality and whatnot, he just wanted to find a woman; they came to him ...this is not The Bachelor where the premise is finding a possible "soulmate"

Rachel is not an avg jane type girl, she is regular looking to me but not unattractive she won't have a problem finding a man. The best thing that happened to her was that she didn't get picked.

FORT Newbie
    in the first AJ, it was really Zach that Melana liked the most BUT THROUGH EDITING, the "powers that be" made him look WORSE than he was so she would have to get rid of him. it's always been about the men behind the scenes instead of the boys and women in front of the omnipresent cameras!

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by A friend
    I think it's funny that you people have such strong opinions but you don't know any of these ladies, obviously Adam picked her because she is the best suited for her. Imagine this..tv is edited so the show looks more dramtic than it actually is. I think they are all great women, but Samantha was real, she didn't try to impress him she was herself and thats who he fell in love with.
    "You people"? I love people who post to these boards but don't include themselves among posters to these boards...but you are inadvertently quite correct, "she is the best suited for her."

I'd say Rachel had a lucky escape. Now she can continue to have a real life, eventually including a real man.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Six Degrees
    that's why he was in so much turmoil. He said outright that he was going to choose Samantha until his parents _hated_ her so much and like Rachel. He really did care what they thought. But what was also really telling [and what I HATED about Adam was] when he said that if he was picking a wife and mother of his kids, he'd pick Rachel but he picked somebody fun to hang out with. While I respect him for his honesty, I hate when men announce that certain women are 'marriage material' and others are not. There are NOT 2 types of women. It's been said in many ways that men should treat whores like ladies and ladies like whores; and that many 'whore' types are looking to be loved and many 'ladies' are looking for a man to treat them as sexual beings.

What I hated about Adam was that at the beginning of the show he said that he wanted what his friends had...marriage...kids. All of that would have been possible with Rachel. Instead, he thought with the wrong head and chose a brief stint of fun.

Well...as he says "you only live once".

FORT Fan
    Rachel did have a lucky escape. There is no way the two would've made it together because of Adam.
    Great site for results info:

www.wgvo.com

+ Reply to Thread