+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647484950515253 LastLast

Thread: 4/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers until 2am**

I understand Adams choice of Samantha. He is the safe one, the achiever, the good boy. Sure he wants the exciting girl. Some wild and crazy guy will want the Rachel, she will be his stability and his rudder. Adam doesn't need/want that in his life.

He made the right choice for him if he's really THAT GUY. You know... THAT GUY who wants the trophy bang instead of the sweet devoted girl. He didn't want devotion, he wanted hot wild uncomplicated sex--at the cost of a constant supply of expensive dinners, periodic "presents", and hiring a detective to keep an eye on Sam to make sure she isn't banging several other guys on the side. Rachel would have been completely trustworthy, low maintenance on all levels except maybe the emotional ones, and is still pretty high on the looks scale, but I'd bet any amount of money she only has sex in the missionary position, and yes... would probably attach some relationship baggage to it. :-)

FORT Newbie

Wrong indeed

Didn't he learn anything from his own experience? It would be a different story if Samantha was even close to Rachels status. But in my eyes, Samantha wasn't even a close second! Rachel is blessed with losing for the simple fact that even if he did choose her, he'd probably be thinking of Samantha the whole time. I suppose he is still in that place in his life where he isn't ready to settle down. Because the fact is, that no matter how much someone liked Samantha, they can't say she's marriage material. At least not for a guy like Adam. Keep your chin up Rachel, I'm living proof that there are guys out there who still believe there are people like you out there somewhere.

I don't see how you can all come out and know exactly what he was thinking. I would have picked Rachel, but you know they edited Sam to look like the gold digger. I think in the end she is just high maintenance. If Adam thinks she is the right choice for him and believes she isn't a gold digger and he also isn't looking for a pure sexual relationship...then its the right choice. No one knows what his true motives were and I hope he is right, cause he missed out on a great thing in Rachel.

nob
    FORT Newbie
    Don't normally dig reality shows, and I didn't see when Adam lost. However, the idea of this show kind of intrigued me....what a lucky dude. I thought he was pretty cool at first, but after a couple episodes decided he's pretty much a putz.

Don't know what he saw in Sam, actually. I didn't think she was that hot...and the dog thing...weird. Whatever, to each his own, I guess.

Out of all the women on the show I'd have picked Rachel. Of course, that is just based on what little we saw. She's just the type of girl I dig.

Anyway, maybe I can get on a "Less than Average Joe" and get a chance to meet Rachel. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    You know, one thing these shows prove again and again, the person *always* picks the person they're most attracted to. Even if that attraction comes despite sense, intelligence, or anything else. The AJ series has been a particular example of this. So it doesn't bode well for poor, nice, mama-approved Rachel.
    Exactly.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

A fool and his money are soon parted.....

Gee, it only took four episodes for NBC to make Adam look like a tool, but then they had a lot of help from Adam. I would have appreciated a more honest portrayal of real intentions by Adam. I can definitely see Rachel feeling as though she was subjected to a used car salesman pitch by Adam. Talk one way, but act the other. Don't spout the line that you want a wife and kids and then ditch the woman who personified the best qualities for those roles.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

My problem with Adam's choice is that he said he wanted one thing, and then picked the other. He said he wanted stability, a family and someone to love. When presented with that option, he ran from it and picked the 'hot' girl. (Even though I personally think Rachel is prettier) It was pretty telling that at best, all Samantha wanted was someone to hang out with.

I think he has a ton of issues, but I wish him all the luck in the world.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

FORT Newbie

And who are you...?

I think it's funny that you people have such strong opinions but you don't know any of these ladies, obviously Adam picked her because she is the best suited for her. Imagine this..tv is edited so the show looks more dramtic than it actually is. I think they are all great women, but Samantha was real, she didn't try to impress him she was herself and thats who he fell in love with.

+ Reply to Thread