+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 53 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers until 2am**

I thought what Rachel said to Adam at the end was great. He looked shocked. I don't care who defends Adam I am still disappointed in him. He kept saying Rachel was "perfect". I think Melena and Adam are in the exact same league. I find it odd Samantha and Adam wouldn't watch the last show together. I wonder if the infatuation phase is ending. Once that ends if you don't have anything else to fall back on (such as things in common) the relationship is doomed. I think Adam will regret his choice. :phhht
    I love my dogs as much as my kids, but I think her poor Maltese was embarrassed by the ridiculous outfits she had for her. A tutu, come on!!
    Last edited by Betelgeuse; 04-06-2004 at 12:51 AM.

Fixxin
    I posted this at the same time you did. I was too busy typing. On the same page with ya! Maybe it's a Texas thing :-)

However, not surprising. Honestly? Tonight's choice was about Adam's low self-esteem and needing validation.
    Sam was a "prize".. the "get". She represented all those Manhattan women that run in Adam's work circles but not his social circles. The girls he sees everyone around him dating but never could get. He runs with the big dogs at work, but socially he was one of those guys who would go to a Frat party but wasn't part of the Frat per say?

We are all blind to our own neurosis. Picking Rachel would have meant that Adam had moved beyond doubting his own self-image and had come to terms with himself. This is of couse on a subconcious level. To have arrived emotionally and no longer need that validation takes alot of work. Those who have it are obvious and those who don't are just as obvious. Example, Rachel. Watching how well she handled herself at the end was very telling.

We ** all ** could see how great Rachel is. When you need validation you go for what gives you that. Its a status thing trophy thing. Just like flashy cars, etc.

you know after reading some of these posts i'm thinking that adam the nerd now wants to be adam the playboy!
    and picking sam is getting him into that faster crowd that it seems he has always wanted to be apart of. perhaps, and i'm thinking this because i really think adam is this wholesome, sweet, bake an apple pie for type of guy, at the on start. but after watching his transformation and now him seeing himself as a sex-symbol. these women threw themselves at him, so why not some of the women that he's been dreaming of for years.
    if he would of picked rachel, then the house and kids would of been expected. with him picking sam he knows its not a lifetime commitment and gives him an out.

Quote Originally Posted by Why do I care?
    No not at all, but Samantha comes accross as so self absorbed, shallow and frankly phony, that she doesn't even appear to be serious relationship material. Again, it the editing may have contributed.
    Right. She's the girl you fly to Tahiti with for a week long sex vacation. Then you get back, and the first time you try to go to something besides an expensive restaurant you hear about it. If she doesn't get sparkly things at designated intervals, she starts being "busy" when you try and make dates. Until you find out that she's been dating an older, richer guy and/or banging her beefcake water delivery guy on the side.

Rachel is the girl who'd look embarassed at the idea of a sex vacation--she's the girl who cooks you dinner to make you happy, worries if you are wearing warm enough socks, etc. She'd probably rather cut off her own hand than cheat on you, is pretty but only has sex in one position, but likes to cuddle.

This was kind of the whole point, right? Adam was edited to seem like the guy who wanted the girl who only has sex in one position, but would never stray, whereas what he REALLY wants is the exotic bang-in-Tahiti, even with the built-in worry that she might not stay with him. So given that this is what he really needs now... sure... go for it Adam.
    Last edited by Krom; 04-06-2004 at 12:56 AM.

FORT Fan
    I think the ending I want to see in each of these shows is for the person who is picking to pick the right person. By right person I mean the person he/she really wants to be with. It would be much more disappointing for me to see he picked someone the producers or the audiences want him to pick. I certainly don't hope this show to turn out to be another American Idol type. Rachel was definitely more appealing to the audiences, maybe the editing contributed a lot, but as long as Adam follows his heart in making his decisions, I wouldn't be disappointed about the show or about him.

FORT Newbie
    Sorry...didn't/couldn't/wouldn't read thru all the posts about tonite's show, but feel the need to say this...I am very disappointed...Adam needs to date more..he doesn't even know in the slightest what he wants - yet - I guess...I could say mean things *bites tongue and shakes head* I think the "loser" is once again the WINNER...just like Adam was with Melana.

I normally think it is so cliche when people say "they are scared of me, etc.." But I actually think Rachel nailed it on the head. Picking her would have meant Adam was at a place in emotionally/psychologically that he wasn't. And his self-esteem with women, regardless of what he "says" is obvious.
    Rachel was realty, grown up and would have meant stepping up to the plate.
    Sam was an easy choice (pardon the pun......sorta ;-)

Sam was just eeeww! She is so completely the antithesis to everything I am as a woman. I wanted to puke with her dog! And her "pouty faces"... yuck.
    I guess the fact that I love great danes just seems par for the course. Give me a real dog, that you can run in the park with, roll around and wrestle. Just like I like REAL people..

Anways.. as I digress .. :-)

LunaNegra

Great minds think alike !

FORT Newbie
    It seems one of these problems with these shows is the "marriage" premise. In the real world people date for awhile based on attraction and interests. Sometime you hang in there for interests hoping the attraction grows. Marriage comes into play when you decide you want a commitment with THAT person.

If Rachel is slated as marriage material at the get go, particularly by her parents, it does have a way of taking away the mystery.

Adam seems to be a really likeable, honest, unaffected guy with a good sense of humor. His awkwardnes is part of the attraction. He and Samantha seemed very natural together. They laughed easily. He and Rachel didn't seem unnatural, but they didn't seem to have joyous fun either. No matter how great people can be separately, they need to have something special between them that makes them tick.

Maybe they do and maybe they won't later, but it seemed like they would enjoy themselves finding out.

Since tonight was the "reveal" I would have LOVED to have been a fly on the wall at Adam's house, home with his parents, watching their reaction!!
    Remember, they can't tell anyone, so I am sure his Mom and Dad were shaking their head. I bet she was disappointed. Mom seems pretty protective and Rachel sounds like the first woman of Adam's that she took seriously and respected.

Is this show like the Bachelor, where they can not have any relation with the one who is sent away? Give him a little bit of time and he one day will "wake up" and be very disappointed in self. You can get a piece of ass anywhere, anytime but quality doesn't come along everyday.

+ Reply to Thread