+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers until 2am**

FORT Newbie
    Omerosa is the only person no one seemed to get along with. Isn't she the one who said she wasn't there to make friends.

I don't get why Adam is now not a nice person because he picked the person he felt attracted to. Who hasn't turned down a terrific person because the chemistry wasn't there? As he said, all of them were attractive. He genuinely liked something about all of them.

By the way, I'm a teacher. Teachers do like to spend a lot of time with kids. That's what makes them great teachers. It doesn't mean they are better than people who don't like to spend tons of time with kids.

I also don't think Samantha was making her comments comparing herself to Rachel to diss Rachel. What she was doing was saying it was so odd that they were the last two because they are so different from each other. She didn't say one was better than the other.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Why do I care?
    But what is so disappointing to a lot of us is that we thought Adam was in it for the wife. He seemed to be saying that at the beginning. And he picked someone who is so not wife material. He is just not the person he appeared to be and it is disappointing. And did he find love, or lust? I think he just wanted to finish what was started in the hot tub. You are right though, if he didn't feel it with Rachel, he shouldn't have picked her. But he shouldn't have brought her to the final two. Makes me wonder if show forces a choice.
    Ok, maybe our definition of picking wife is different, but...
    Its the question about you want to pick a perfect wife, or a wife you really in love with. What is your pick? Yes, Adam was looking for a wife, but that doesn't mean he has to pick the perfect wife type, does it?

You know who was also a personal shopper for men? JFK Jr.s wife. The whole point of those jobs is to meet rich men and marry them. The get paid next to nothing, but have to be attractive and dress from that company. Anyway, in all fairness to AJ1, if Marlena had picked him, then we'd all think her a money grubbing whatnot.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by interestedparty
    Omerosa is the only person no one seemed to get along with. Isn't she the one who said she wasn't there to make friends.

I don't get why Adam is now not a nice person because he picked the person he felt attracted to. Who hasn't turned down a terrific person because the chemistry wasn't there? As he said, all of them were attractive. He genuinely liked something about all of them.

By the way, I'm a teacher. Teachers do like to spend a lot of time with kids. That's what makes them great teachers. It doesn't mean they are better than people who don't like to spend tons of time with kids.

I also don't think Samantha was making her comments comparing herself to Rachel to diss Rachel. What she was doing was saying it was so odd that they were the last two because they are so different from each other. She didn't say one was better than the other.
    I agree. I don't really favor Sam or Rachel. In fact, I think Rachel may very much be a better character than Sam. But I do support Adam's choice 100%.

But what is so disappointing to a lot of us is that we thought Adam was in it for the wife.
    This is true too. He seemed to be saying that early on. Although, again, if you go back to AJ1 and look deeper its obvious its not true. Adam is getting exactly what he wants, and what he deserves. The villains here, if they exist, are the NBC editors who wanted us to think that Adam Mesh was about deep relationships. He's actually about getting through reality TV what he couldn't sitting in his trading chair at work--a hot babe. Good for him, and shame on NBC, although the weight of his wallet is gonna suffer quite a bit. He will deserve that part of it too, although if he's willing to pay that price it's entirely his right.
    Last edited by Krom; 04-06-2004 at 12:41 AM.

FORT Newbie
    If it has been 3 weeks since the show ended and Adam has only seen Sam
    "several" times since the end of show, how does this bode for their "relationship?" Well, maybe they have to stay away from each other until the end of show airs, but somehow I don't have a great feeling about this, especially know that Sam has seen how the parents feel about her.
    Which is not really HER fault, but I can only imagine the Passover meal this evening! Hey, I thought Samantha might be Jewish. Does anyone actually know?

If Rachel and Samantha WERE together tonite watching the finale, I would have loved to be a fly on THAT wall-I bet you could have cut the tension with the proverbial knife!

Originally Posted by Fixxin2
    Maybe all the New York glamour girls he saw around Wall St every day never gave him a second look and he ultimately chose the kind of woman that was unattainable to him. His mother did mention he always liked "the fashion girls".
    Hmmmm....

[QUOTE=Krom]Being a clerk at Barney's is hardly a real glamour girl. It's like a wanna-be thing.

Precisely my point ! She is Adam's wanna-be thing.

Reality TV is not Reality Why do I care?'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LavenderAC
    Ok, maybe our definition of picking wife is different, but...
    Its the question about you want to pick a perfect wife, or a wife you really in love with. What is your pick? Yes, Adam was looking for a wife, but that doesn't mean he has to pick the perfect wife type, does it?
    No not at all, but Samantha comes accross as so self absorbed, shallow and frankly phony, that she doesn't even appear to be serious relationship material. Again, it the editing may have contributed.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    I think Adam's choice sucked too, just because the Rachel type appeals to me more.

But we can't ignore what he said at the end of the show - Samatha's the one he couldn't stop thinking about even when she wasn't around. Whether that was due to her activities in the hot tub, or his not-so-secret passion for fashion, I have no idea.

I can say for sure that if Samantha makes him crazy hot, and Rachel doesn't, then he has to go with Samantha and her amazing satellite-dish Ewok ears. That's the right choice for him.

We can't ignore the fact that this is an edited, produced show, either. For whatever reason, NBC enjoys making the decision-makers look shallow and stupid in the final episode of AJs.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

FORT Newbie
    I guess what I find most confusing is the fact that everyone fell in love with Adam in the first place. I realize there is some editing involved, but in both shows I thought he came across as a total dork who was completely uncomfortable around women. In the first show I thought that Marlena picked Jason simply because of the fact that he acted self assured around her. Throughout this rendition of the show, the only conversations that took place on the various dates seemed to be the result of one sided dialogue coming from the women - similarly for the romance. Adam said it all when he made that statement that he wanted a woman to sweep him off his feet - because is seemed evident that he couldn't do the sweeping himself.

+ Reply to Thread