+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 53 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers until 2am**

FORT Fan
    Why makes Adam look bad? I don't understand. What possible good can the show gain from it? Its not about a nice guy or not a nice guy. So Adam didn't pick Rachel, that makes him a bad guy? Its like a choice between picking someone who you are really in love with or someone who is the best quality of a wife. You can't really say he was wrong to pick whichever. Adam's mom mentioned that Sam was more fit with Adam because they both like fashions, etc. Thats part of the reason they are attracted to each other. I would never blame a guy for picking someone who he loves or connect with. If he were to pick Rachel, I would be more disappointed, not because I like Sam better, but because he didn't follow his heart. The purpose of these dating shows is about finding love, not neccessary finding the best wife in the world.

Reality TV is not Reality Why do I care?'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by interestedparty
    There is an intent behind comments. Rachel said she was a better person than Samantha and that Samantha wasn't there for the right reasons, but Rachel was. How does Rachel know? That is passing judgement. All five of the women were on the Today show with Adam this morning. They all said how much they like each other, are friends and get along. How much does editing create a conflict that is just not there in order to make good television.
    There is a part of me that knows that editing made Samantha look bad. But the fact is she said what she said. And the things she said were REALLY SHALLOW. And that dog! Scary girl with dog outweighed the overbearing mom by a ton. She appeared materialistic, pouty, and "All about me". He will grow tired of it once the initial passion wears off. It is what is left after that period that makes for a lasting relationship. But you do have to have that in the beginning and if he didn't feel it for Rachel, he didn't. But why bring the nice girl to the end justs to hurt her? :nono

Sam??

Arggh!

However, not surprising. Honestly? Tonight's choice was about Adam's low self-esteem and needing validation.
    Sam was a "prize".. the "get". She represented all those Manhattan women that run in Adam's work circles but not his social circles. The girls he sees everyone around him dating but never could get. He runs with the big dogs at work, but socially he was one of those guys who would go to a Frat party but wasn't part of the Frat per say?

We are all blind to our own neurosis. Picking Rachel would have meant that Adam had moved beyond doubting his own self-image and had come to terms with himself. This is of couse on a subconcious level. To have arrived emotionally and no longer need that validation takes alot of work. Those who have it are obvious and those who don't are just as obvious. Example, Rachel. Watching how well she handled herself at the end was very telling.

We ** all ** could see how great Rachel is. When you need validation you go for what gives you that. Its a status thing trophy thing. Just like flashy cars, etc.

I normally think it is so cliche when people say "they are scared of me, etc.." But I actually think Rachel nailed it on the head. Picking her would have meant Adam was at a place in emotionally/psychologically that he wasn't. And his self-esteem with women, regardless of what he "says" is obvious.
    Rachel was realty, grown up and would have meant stepping up to the plate.
    Sam was an easy choice (pardon the pun......sorta ;-)

Sam was just eeeww! She is so completely the antithesis to everything I am as a woman. I wanted to puke with her dog! And her "pouty faces"... yuck.
    I guess the fact that I love great danes just seems par for the course. Give me a real dog, that you can run in the park with, roll around and wrestle. Just like I like REAL people..

Anways.. as I digress .. :-)
    Last edited by LunaNegra; 04-06-2004 at 01:35 AM. Reason: typos abound!

oh my, where to begin, first took me over an hour to get into the site tonight! we had alot of first time poster's tonight! (most are probably rachels and sams freinds, lol)

i'm sorry, but sam is nothing but a gold digger, and I mean that in a good way. she was so ovious about it i couldn't stand it. my husband who has not watched the show once with me, came in watched for about 15 minutes, clued right into to sam's agenda "sam". he say's "boy that girl is so into herself, and she is not that pretty" i laughed because he then said she looked so much better in her confessionals when she had no make-up on.

and if she is so high class what was with her gold top thingey, now talk about trailor trash.

but any hoot, had to put my 2 cents in.

Quote Originally Posted by LavenderAC
    The purpose of these dating shows is about finding love, not neccessary finding the best wife in the world.

C'mon . . it's about LUST, not love.

I believe the point that needs to be made is that men look for what's "HOT" now and in the end the passion is gone and all your left with is bitterness.

People need to find a best friend who is going to love you when you gain that 20 pounds. Can you really believe that she is going to love him if all his money is lost and he is 50 pounds over weight?

Reality TV is not Reality Why do I care?'s Avatar
    Why makes Adam look bad? I don't understand. What possible good can the show gain from it? Its not about a nice guy or not a nice guy. So Adam didn't pick Rachel, that makes him a bad guy? Its like a choice between picking someone who you are really in love with or someone who is the best quality of a wife. You can't really say he was wrong to pick whichever. Adam's mom mentioned that Sam was more fit with Adam because they both like fashions, etc. Thats part of the reason they are attracted to each other. I would never blame a guy for picking someone who he loves or connect with. If he were to pick Rachel, I would be more disappointed, not because I like Sam better, but because he didn't follow his heart. The purpose of these dating shows is about finding love, not neccessary finding the best wife in the world.
    But what is so disappointing to a lot of us is that we thought Adam was in it for the wife. He seemed to be saying that at the beginning. And he picked someone who is so not wife material. He is just not the person he appeared to be and it is disappointing. And did he find love, or lust? I think he just wanted to finish what was started in the hot tub. You are right though, if he didn't feel it with Rachel, he shouldn't have picked her. But he shouldn't have brought her to the final two. Makes me wonder if show forces a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxin2
    Maybe all the New York glamour girls he saw around Wall St every day never gave him a second look and he ultimately chose the kind of woman that was unattainable to him. His mother did mention he always liked "the fashion girls".
    Hmmmm....
    Being a clerk at Barney's is hardly a real glamour girl. It's like a wanna-be thing.
    Didn't say he picked the wrong girl. He picked the right one. Rachel would have been totally wrong for the Adam Mesh who was uncomfortable just sitting in a room with the girl and his mother at the same time. It would have been a disaster.

But Rachel was right that he's not the Adam IMPLIED by AJ1 ON THE SURFACE (but not if you dig a bit deeper). And I still think we've seen nothing that indicates that Sam really is attracted to Adam, as opposed to Rachel, whose eyes you could just see go all goey whenever she saw him. Rachel is like the kind of girl that Brian Worth might go for, although again... what we think of HIM might be all editing too. Brian seemed drawn to Larissa's seeming sensitive side, as well as her body. That's what we were led to believe. Adam, if you look a bit deeper at AJ1, seemed fascinated with the idea of Melena as arm candy. There was never any sign that they had any deep discussions, like Worth did with Larissa (which is why AJ2 was actually a bigger heartbreak than AJ1).
    Last edited by Krom; 04-06-2004 at 01:38 AM.

FORT Fan
    Sam is indeed prettier than Rachel. But it is unfair to judge Adam as shallow person because of his choice. I mean there were like 20 girls. Was Sam the prettiest one? I was checking the board, and I hardly saw anyone found her attractive in the beginning of the show. He would have picked all the pretty ones to stay if that was the case.

I'm sad he picked sam, but as for looks, I thought they were about equal, save the size of their nose. My poor boyfriend could voice no opinion b/c he couldn't tell difference between them physically. I would LOVE to have seen Adam's face when someone told him that Rachel lost her job to persue him. I suppose it'll look something similar to when he see's his bank account after a month with Sam.

+ Reply to Thread