+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/5 Show Discussion **Spoilers until 2am**

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogg
    I wish she woulda slapped him, woulda been great ratings...
    I was actually kinda hoping she would moon him from the bus.....

I sure would never take it as calmly as the girls on these shows do...I would

Remember Kelly Jo jerking her hand away from Blob? That's me.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

interested party, Samantha did far worse by judging and insulting an entire profession. Without teachers, there wouldn't be anybody smart enough to make the kind of money it takes to produce and broadcast even a seemingly cheap reality show. Sam made teachers sound like pedophiles.

[QUOTE=interestedparty]I didn't hear Samantha doing a lot of passing judgement about anyone.[QUOTE]

Perhaps you missed the ending where Samantha said Rachel was no competition. Sam described herself as Glamorous (Cough) and that Rachel lived at home with her parents. She went on for about 4 or 5 points of comparison I beleive.

FORT Fan
    Wow, I must be the one here who isn't disappointed with the ending. As Adam said, this show is about him, about him finding the woman he wants to be with, about him being happy. Of course he could have chosen Rachel to make all the audiences happy, and keep all of them like him, but why didn't he?? It was a lot of gut to choose the underdog girl, the one who he wants to be with. If I were him, I would make the exact same choice if I was falling for Samantha. It is him who is going to live with her. If he simply isn't attracted to Rachel in anyway, how is it ANY good to force them together? And no, the producers didn't manipulate the ending. There has been three consecutive shows ending the same way, why would they want to keep it that way? Does that make the audience keep watching it? From this board, I would say no.

[QUOTE=Wisconsinswede][QUOTE=interestedparty]I didn't hear Samantha doing a lot of passing judgement about anyone.

Perhaps you missed the ending where Samantha said Rachel was no competition. Sam described herself as Glamorous (Cough) and that Rachel lived at home with her parents. She went on for about 4 or 5 points of comparison I beleive.

EXACTLY ! She said she was "sophisticated" and "preferred spending time with adults" ( referring to Rachel teaching kids ). Adam got what he deserved.

[QUOTE=Fixxin2]EXACTLY ! She said she was "sophisticated" and "preferred spending time with adults" ( referring to Rachel teaching kids ). Adam got what he deserved.[/QU

I'm with you!!!!!!!

Lavender, I pointed out early on this week that the "setup" was made to make Adam look bad either way. I don't think the true criticism may be that he chose the wrong girl, I think it's that he's not the type of guy most people assumed he was. Likely Sam IS what he was looking for, but the real "nice guy" perhaps would have focused more on Rachel in the first place. So he picked the right person for him... but he may be a bit of a cretin for being the type of guy who NEEDED arm candy.

Plus his mom did him no favors by coming on so strongly about Rachel. Likely the writing was already on the wall and he'd already decided, but the way the parental relationship seems with him, that likely sealed the deal for him. Resist the parents subtly, since he's normally the good son who shows up for every Jewish holiday, but secretly wishes he didn't have to.
    Last edited by Krom; 04-06-2004 at 12:16 AM.

FORT Newbie
    There is an intent behind comments. Rachel said she was a better person than Samantha and that Samantha wasn't there for the right reasons, but Rachel was. How does Rachel know? That is passing judgement. All five of the women were on the Today show with Adam this morning. They all said how much they like each other, are friends and get along. How much does editing create a conflict that is just not there in order to make good television.

They all said how much they like each other, are friends and get along.
    People ALWAYS say that post show. Omarosa claims that in reality the Apprentice set was practically a lovefest, except for that "nasty" Ereka. Do we believe her?
    How much does editing create a conflict that is just not there in order to make good television
    Sometimes quite a bit. But it swings both ways. They only knew each other for a few weeks. I doubt they knew each other very well. The catty comments were likely real, but limited to that circumstance.

The "illusion" created for us is more likely that it wasn't perfectly obvious to some or all of them who Adam really was interested in. I'll bet some or all of them knew. Even Rachel, although she maybe had hopes she was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    Lavender, I pointed out early on this week that the "setup" was made to make Adam look bad either way. I don't think the true criticism may be that he chose the wrong girl, I think it's that he's not the type of guy most people assumed he was. Likely Sam IS what he was looking for, but the real "nice guy" perhaps would have focused more on Rachel in the first place. So he picked the right person for him... but he may be a bit of a cretin.

Maybe all the New York glamour girls he saw around Wall St every day never gave him a second look and he ultimately chose the kind of woman that was unattainable to him. His mother did mention he always liked "the fashion girls".
    Hmmmm....

+ Reply to Thread