+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adam Vs Bob Guiney

Autism Awareness Ribbon greycoatonawitc's Avatar

Adam Vs Bob Guiney

I'm hoping it don't get slammed by making this comparison but is anyone else noticing simialr things about Adam and Bob? Both were shown as total sweet hearts in one show then in their own show it looks like they are just out for a piece of *** i don't think Adam was ready/looking for someone serious just like Bob wasn't ready.....

don't get me wrong, i think in the real world...both men are probably very nice....and not the way they are shown on this "fishbowl" type of reality tv.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    No slamming. I think the two are similar in a lot of ways. I think the big difference is that BOB thought he was already a stud and saw an opportunity to use his fame to capitalize on his career, whereas ADAM didn't realize he was a stud and saw an opportunity to take advantage of his fame and act like a kid in the candy shop.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

I still think Adam is a sweetheart. Somehow, he doesn't come off as scuzzball in spite of the makeout sessions - to me, anyway

Adam is considerably more humble than Bob. Bob turned into a kinda slick hustler type, and Adam is still goofy and still seems a little dazed by the whole thing. JMO, of course
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    It's a good thing Adam didn't realize he was a stud. Maybe he won't be so disappointed to find out that he's still not a stud. Bob will probably go to his grave not knowing any better. :rolleyes
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Crystal Allen

Not At All

By all accounts, Bob never wanted to find a wife or serious partner, and only did the show to promote his CD. There is no indication Adam ever wanted a career in entertainment. At best this came along and he's enjoying it. Adam comes across as totally goofy and childlike, like he can't believe his good fortune. Bob came across as too slick and arrogant, as if the fame went to his head. I don't see that in Adam. I think Adam seems to have enjoyed a lot of success at a young age, yet keeps both feet on the ground, and is open to new experiences. Bob came off as bored suburban divorcee who was ready to party and take full advantage of a situation.

I really don't think Adam is acting like a scuzzball yet. He's kissed 5 women compared to how many Blob did. And Blob necked it up with several that he never really considered keeping. I realize that Adam has invoked the Blob Test of Compatibility to justify those women he has kissed, but at least he used other less personal methods of doing the initial compatibility screenings than Blob did.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow
    I realize that Adam has invoked the Blob Test of Compatibility to justify those women he has kissed
    I think that will be the new measuring stick for reality TV.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

I think the biggest difference between Adam and Bob is that Adam has some sense of genuine compassion for these girls. Bob seemed like his whole motive for going on the show was to get as much media attention as possible. Adam seems like he genuinely wants to meet someone.

I like Adam. I love that he's so awkward and clumsy and yet finds a way to play hero. And I did love that he carried both golf bags even though it was killing him.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I love Adam.
    He is such a cute goof ball.
    And if I remember correctly, I think a couple of the gals kissed him first.
    Meaning in my book he was not making all the moves.
    I think he is a great guy.
    The track record of these couples staying together is not good at all, but
    I do hope that Adam can find someone that he really loves, that is if you can fall in love that fast.
    I really wish NBC could have made this longer.
    Four eposides is not enough.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    I think the biggest difference between Adam and Bob is that Adam has some sense of genuine compassion for these girls.
    Agreed. Bob woulda never sent away the bikini girls.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast